Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher McDonald joins Secret Invasion

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Fuckin' Kraven solo movie. Sony. Sony, come on. There are like a million characters in Spider-Man's supporting cast that actually led comic book runs that you could hit before you start giving Spider-Man's rogues gallery solo films.

Like here's one for free. Silver Sable solo film, build up to an Outlaws movie, which could even work sans Spider-Man.
latest

But instead they're pushing some weirdass Black Cat/Silver Sable teamup movie into development hell while Kraven the Hunter gets a solo film...?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The problem with Kraven is KLH just dominates everything surrounding the character, and unlike Gwen Stacy, you can't really reinvent the character as Spider-Kraven.

Dude is a big game hunter who wants to hunt Spider-Man.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
As a original movie, it did better than all but Cap. Marvel (this one had Endgame's hype all over it). Interesting since the teaser doesn't have action and epic cgi battle or any idea what is it about.
I wanted to post this in Eternals teaser thread but afraid it will anger flop-fetish era lol.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
But that one guy in the other thread said no one on social media was talking about it. Who am I supposed to believe?

Also Sony will take Spider-man back because audiences are waking up and DEMANDING Tobey back.

This had been a wild day for me seeing dumb Marvel takes on the internet

Are people genuinely saying that it might flop in that thread? Or is it just one or two naysayers? Yes, I could check myself, but I prefer steering clear of unneeded negativity.

Yes they are.

Last edited:

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I have my reservations about the all mighty gods angle. I hate how perfect the early comics portray the eternals.

Worst case scenario for me Is a full team of detached, god-like Snydermans.

But there's zero chance this will flop, zero.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking, why doesn't Sony just say these Spider-Man extended character films take place in the Raimi and ASM timelines?

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
As a original movie, it did better than all but Cap. Marvel (this one had Endgame's hype all over it). Interesting since the teaser doesn't have action and epic cgi battle or any idea what is it about.
I wanted to post this in Eternals teaser thread but afraid it will anger flop-fetish era lol.

It's almost as if Marvel Studios attempt at reinventing an obscure family of heroes from their universe like they did with Guardians of the Galaxy gives them free reign to be cinematically unconventional. Eternals has absolutely everything going for it to be special.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking, why doesn't Sony just say these Spider-Man extended character films take place in the Raimi and ASM timelines?

Because they'd lose the cache of the are they/aren't they part of the MCU (they aren't). No one would give a shit about a morbius film if it didn't have the vulture in it. "But golly, sandstar, how can the vulture be in it, if it's not in the MCU" Gosh, i dunno, how can JK simmons be JJJ in the MCU and in the Raimiverse? Because they're multiversal copies of the same person.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
www.inverse.com

The best episode of 'Love, Death & Robots' Season 2 almost didn't happen

Tim Miller tells Inverse how 'Love, Death, and Robots' changed in Season 2, what's next in Season 3, and how Disney can put Deadpool in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Tim Miller talks Deadpool:

You practically invented a new genre of superhero movie with Deadpool. Do you think the character you helped create can exist in the MCU without being dramatically changed for the worse?

I do. I think Ryan Reynolds' take on the character and the way he embraces the particular kind of insanity — even if you said he's not gonna use four-letter words — would still be there. He still is that character. You can take the R-rated parts out of it if you wanted and it would still be Deadpool if Ryan was doing it.

Agree 100%. I don't know why people are so obsessed with Deadpool films having an R rating when the original comics are not particularly gory or full of F-bombs. As long as Reynolds has creative control and Deadpool breaks the fourth wall, I'm fine.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Most of my interest in the next Deadpool movie is just down to how they add him into the MCU, violence etc. isn't really on my mind. I'm honestly more curious/concerned over how Blade is going to work without the R rating...

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
According to Collider:
The Sinister Six will comprise of Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe), Doc Ock (Alfred Molina), Electro (Jamie Foxx), Sandman (Thomas Haden Church), Rhino (Paul Giamatti), and The Lizard (Rhys Ifans)

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
According to Collider:
The Sinister Six will comprise of Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe), Doc Ock (Alfred Molina), Electro (Jamie Foxx), Sandman (Thomas Haden Church), Rhino (Paul Giamatti), and The Lizard (Rhys Ifans)

Ugh at some of those.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
According to Collider:

That's a pretty solid lineup - I do hope they'd adjust the designs for Lizard and Rhino, though, since the ASM versions are ugly as sin. If they're un-bluing Electro, I imagine they'd fix them all up, though. Giamatti Rhino is still a great idea in my book even though (I assume) he sucked in practice.

Only bummer is that there's no real payoff for the Vulture/Scorpion stinger in Homecoming, and it'd be kind of lame to do a Sinister Six 2.0 with the MCU villains after this. Maybe Goblin gets stranded in the MCU and builds a new team or something?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well... on the one hand I'd kinda like to see that concept on screen. But on the other hand, feels like it'll be a trainwreck due to being spread to thin. Kinda hope that rumor is untrue.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Was really hoping that Vulture and Mysterio would be part of the six. I love Dafoe and this movie will post ridiculous numbers, but that list makes my eyes roll into my brain. There's been no setup for any of this shit.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. I'm torn. I mean, I love most of those actors and their portrayals of the characters but, I'd really would've wanted some of the mcu Spidey villains to be in there. Now it's just gonna be tom holland Spidey going up against a bunch of villains that he doesn't have any connection to. But Raimi stans will be happy I guess.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
According to Collider:

Makes sense for a Multiverse movie, and it leaves the ones the MCU has been building up to be Holland exclusive

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like nobody's really sure who's in it in terms of villains, other than the confirmed Electro and Doc Ock. Even Sneider (the source) himself says to take it with a huge grain of salt, and that he haven't heard of any of the actors appearing on set.

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Moon Knight should be fun
Hmm. I'm torn. I mean, I love most of those actors and their portrayals of the characters but, I'd really would've wanted some of the mcu Spidey villains to be in there. Now it's just gonna be tom holland Spidey going up against a bunch of villains that he doesn't have any connection to. But Raimi stans will be happy I guess.

What if Spidey activates instant kill mode and kills all of them?

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Was really hoping that Vulture and Mysterio would be part of the six. I love Dafoe and this movie will post ridiculous numbers, but that list makes my eyes roll into my brain. There's been no setup for any of this shit.

Seems odd not to include your former. The latter I understand given the events of the movie.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I really want Ryan Coogler to dabble in a Marvel property outside of the Black Panther mythos, Blue Marvel is right in his wheelhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.