Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
I'm back from Black Widow. I'd make the spoiler thread, but I dunno if there's a system, like if anyone's claimed a spot for doing it already.

I'll just ask anyone who's brave enough to let me ruin the post credits scene for them... Has Julia Louis Dreyfus appeared in the MCU already? I haven't seen the D+ shows.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm back from Black Widow. I'd make the spoiler thread, but I dunno if there's a system, like if anyone's claimed a spot for doing it already.

I'll just ask anyone who's brave enough to let me ruin the post credits scene for them... Has Julia Louis Dreyfus appeared in the MCU already? I haven't seen the D+ shows.

About the spoiler. She appeared in Falcon and the Winter Soldier on D+.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Spoilers for the D+ shows
She's in Falcon & Winter Soldier. So without you saying exactly what the spoiler is, I can probably guess where they are going with this, which I'm totally onboard for.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Help me out here, but wasn't Kate Herron or Natalie Holt confirmed or rumored to be working on something else MCU related?

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I'm excited to watch it. I absolutely loved last week's episode - probably my favorite of the show. Will likely watch episode 5 tonight.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Kevin Feige and ‘Black Widow’ Team on Straddling Marvel’s Past and Future

The studio boss looks at Scarlett Johansson's prequel and reveals the days of the Samuel L. Jackson-style, nine-picture deals are behind it.

Sounds like Marvel is going to give different kinds of contracts to different actors. They can attract major talent for one or two projects as opposed to pushing for six or more appearances in a single contract. (And of course there's always the option for a new contract down the line.)

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
The digitalspy site seems good for a chronological MCU viewing but is there a more accurate one (or is it fine)?

And I'm avoiding BW spoilers but, there's no reason why I should wait with watching BW this weekend until I've finished Loki, is there?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see What If is next month. The steady stream of Marvel continues on... also, nice to see them having Howard the Duck show up again :)

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
ew.com

Angela Bassett says there have been 5 versions of the 'Black Panther' sequel script

'Black Panther' star Angela Bassett says there have been 'about five incarnations' of the sequel script with another on the way.

In the wake of Chadwick Boseman's death, Marvel had to overhaul plans for the Black Panther sequel. According to actress Angela Bassett, playing the queen mother of Boseman's King T'Challa, the script is still going through changes as production began in June in Atlanta.

"I don't know what it's going to look like at all," Bassett told Entertainment Tonight about Black Panther: Wakanda Forever during a recent interview. "There have been about five incarnations of the script and I hear another one's coming."

Wow, the screenplay still being developed and unfinished when filming has begun has me a bit worried. Still, I believe Ryan Coogler can pull it off.

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Kevin Feige and ‘Black Widow’ Team on Straddling Marvel’s Past and Future

The studio boss looks at Scarlett Johansson's prequel and reveals the days of the Samuel L. Jackson-style, nine-picture deals are behind it.

Sounds like Marvel is going to give different kinds of contracts to different actors. They can attract major talent for one or two projects as opposed to pushing for six or more appearances in a single contract. (And of course there's always the option for a new contract down the line.)

I feel like this is the best option for everyone involved. Talent doesn't have to sign away the next 10 years of their life (unless they want to) and they don't have to worry about salary renegotiating as much

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Between Black Widow, Loki and that What If trailer, we are feasting this week on Marvel.

I hope Sony dumps the Spidey trailer tomorrow to push it all over the edge.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Sonofabitch! Went to check my tickets for Black Widow for tomorrow night only to see they weren't in my account. I 100% remember buying them on the Cinemark website as I had 2 free ticket credits and even had the total price divided up 4 ways for my friends so they could venmo me, which they did back on June 11th. Checked my credit card statement and I see that I was never charged for them... So I go back to the site to re-buy them only to find out my credit card had an old zip code attached to it and when I went to purchase the first time, the error message shows up way down the page which you don't see unless you scroll for a ways. I just figured the payment went through since I didn't see any error message at the top nor did the page auto scroll to show me the error.

So now I had to buy tickets for Saturday night instead in a smaller non 4DX theater, boooo.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm just gonna buy my tickets at the theater, especially since my dad & sister are taking a while to pick up our dog from his neutering.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just got back from Black Widow. Solid, flawed as hell and overall cool film. Florence steals the show by far.
It was nice to get back into a theater for an MCU gig again after so long. Thank God the rest of the year is packed as hell in that regard.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Great day for MCU stuff. I thought Black Widow was really good and wouldn't be opposed to seeing it again in theaters. The cast knocked it out of the park and the 2 hours+ just flew by. So glad to be back in a theater for this.

I love how Loki is progressing, as well. I was getting a bit iffy around episode 3 but the last couple of episodes have commanded my attention. Absolutely cannot wait for next week's finale.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I staying up till 2am+ movie length just so I can watch Black Widow cause I rather just stay home and watch it then go to the movies. I would of spent 30$ anyways with the ticket and snacks combined so it's all good as I don't mind it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Black Widow had its issues, but it was a solid movie & a nice way to ring in the return to theaters.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Self isolating so Black Widow at home tonight. Going to be good.

Though honestly I might be most hyped for What If?. They've had to be so structured with the MCU and how everything ties together, it'll be nice to see them go off on a tangent.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Some additional thoughts on Black Widow:
Liked:
  • Florence Pugh and David Harbour. Pretty much all of the cast did a good job but these two were the stand-outs, for me.
  • The filming style (outside of the action scenes), which seemed a bit different than typical MCU movies. It seemed a bit more gritty/raw.
  • The prison escape and Red Room collapse. These were probably my favorite of the action sequences.
  • The family scenes with Natasha, Yelena, Alexei, and Melina. The chemistry was very good and I enjoyed the banter.
  • The few brief scenes we got with O-T Fagbenle.
  • The post-credit scene setting up Yelena going after Clint. Interesting concept that I didn't see coming.
  • The pace of the movie seemed to be really good. I honestly could not believe 134 minutes went by that quickly.

Disliked:
  • The close-quarters combat was too shaky for me and had too many quick cuts. It wasn't terrible but it kind of has the same problem as some of the Russo's action in Civil War (in retrospect). Again, it's not terrible... it just could've been better.
  • The more bombastic action sequences didn't look great. I'm not sure if it was the CG or what but it just looked a bit more fake than I expected.
  • Not nearly enough O-T Fagbenle in this. I really enjoy him as an actor and I was a bit bummed out that he only got 3 scenes.

As with most MCU movies, I need to see it a few times to figure out how it stacks up to the other movies but I'm comfortable giving it an 8/10 after this first viewing.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Watched Black Widow and loved it. I don't see the "weak second half" at all, this might be one of my favorite Marvel movies yet. Really fun watch :)

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

AoS fans....are we actually getting a "What is Coulson survived the battle of New York" kinda story in What-If??
Can't tell if Marvel Studios is trying to troll us at this point or what lol...

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
oof

initial impression is widow is the worst MCU... thing since Hulk.

maybe I had unrealistic expectations with the whole covid delay.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was one of their best since winter soldier, and my expectations were on the floor. Extremely funny how divisive this one is I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.