May 5, 2018
Give us Rose Waluigi. He debuted on Mario Golf World Tour and came back to Aces. Surely we'll see the Purple man with his rose again right?
tenor.gif

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I remember the 3DS game having amazing animations, especially Nabbit and Rosalina, let's hope this game will have great ones too.

At the time this came out, it was so crazy to see so much personality in these characters (things had gotten rather sterile in the Mario series). I'm excited to see what elements they might (hopefully!) pull on from Odyssey!

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Can't believe we are finally getting Mario Golf in HD!

Also to the people worried about courses looking too generic and lacking other things...the first 2-3 courses are always plain, PGA arcade style courses (and tend to be the most fun to play on for most people). Then there will be another 6-12 courses that are very wacky and Mario themed...later ones are very tough to make par! They always show off the plain courses in their first trailers for these games, and especially on the box art.

Also the last one had really cool online tournaments that works well for the current streamer/Youtube era we live in...you really feel like you are playing against "the world" even though you only see your shots so the game is unaffected by lag and feels like a real tournament.

Finally, World Tour added items and coins (there are coins in this trailer as well) that work similar to Mario Kart...but the game is real good about letting you adjust any course elements in Exhibition mode, so you don't have to deal with that stuff if you don't want.

In short, Camelot has only added and improved features to these games...if you are worried about some element of Toadstool Tour or World Tour not being in this game, don't.

If you've ever liked any arcade golfing game ever, this is an insta-buy!

Greekboy™

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I've said it once and I'll say it again. The 3DS one dropped the ball by not allowing you to save your replays for Hole in One shots, etc.

I'm confident that the Switch version will have a saved shot feature.

MrPerson0

May 24, 2018
That there are Miis actually seems to me like a negative point when hoping for a story mode like the GBC/GBA games, since those had established characters you played as, and all those others characters like the club champions....

After seeing the interview with one of the Paper Mario The Origami King devs mentioning that they are restricted in terms of which characters they can use for the story, I wouldn't be surprised if the same extended to Camelot. It would explain why story modes in World Tour and Aces strictly used Mario characters.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly, I didn't really love the RPG modes of Mario Golf on the GBC or its Advance sequel. It fell into the trap that the Golden Sun games had that they were way too verbose and wordy, reading all that dialogue, when all I wanted to do was play golf. That said, I did really enjoy Golf Story, but it's not really what I want out of a Mario Golf game. However, I know a good portion of fans do want something like that again, so I hope something more similar is there for them. I wouldn't mind it, but even if it's more Castle Club-like as seen in World Tour, I'll be happy.

Sports Story is more exciting to me than this. Not saying I won't journey into a walmart to get this for $50, but I gotta hear more about story mode first

Oct 28, 2019
Sports Story is more exciting to me than this. Not saying I won't journey into a walmart to get this for $50, but I gotta hear more about story mode first

www.resetera.com

Mario Tennis Aces Confirmed for Switch (includes 'Story Mode')

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/mario-tennis-aces-switch Coming Spring 2018 "A new Mario Tennis game is bringing a new level of skill and competition to Nintendo Switch. Mario steps onto the court in classy tennis garb for intense rallies against a variety of characters in full-blown...

Remember how excited everyone was for the story mode in Tennis Aces and it turned out to be absolute shit. Sadly I'm expecting the same here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/mario-tennis-aces-switch Coming Spring 2018 "A new Mario Tennis game is bringing a new level of skill and competition to Nintendo Switch. Mario steps onto the court in classy tennis garb for intense rallies against a variety of characters in full-blown...

Remember how excited everyone was for the story mode in Tennis Aces and it turned out to be absolute shit. Sadly I'm expecting the same here.
I thought people generally liked Aces Story Mode?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Can't believe we are finally getting Mario Golf in HD!

Also to the people worried about courses looking too generic and lacking other things...the first 2-3 courses are always plain, PGA arcade style courses (and tend to be the most fun to play on for most people). Then there will be another 6-12 courses that are very wacky and Mario themed...later ones are very tough to make par! They always show off the plain courses in their first trailers for these games, and especially on the box art.

Also the last one had really cool online tournaments that works well for the current streamer/Youtube era we live in...you really feel like you are playing against "the world" even though you only see your shots so the game is unaffected by lag and feels like a real tournament.

Finally, World Tour added items and coins (there are coins in this trailer as well) that work similar to Mario Kart...but the game is real good about letting you adjust any course elements in Exhibition mode, so you don't have to deal with that stuff if you don't want.

In short, Camelot has only added and improved features to these games...if you are worried about some element of Toadstool Tour or World Tour not being in this game, don't.

If you've ever liked any arcade golfing game ever, this is an insta-buy!
I hope they do returning courses like WT did, imagine N64, TT and WT courses in HD! I'm probably in. Also got my fingers crossed on MTA's final roster being the base for a bigger one here
www.resetera.com

MTA had a world map and Mario, this has you building a mii with adjustable stats and an open hub. This at the least will be an expansion of WT's club mode this should be way better. Also way more dev time

Edit: real question is are they bringing mini golf back

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Surely you'll be able to use motion controls in speed golf right? I'd hate if they limited it because of 'balance' or whatever, even though buttons would probably have the competitive advantage in most circumstances.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Surely you'll be able to use motion controls in speed golf right? I'd hate if they limited it because of 'balance' or whatever, even though buttons would probably have the competitive advantage in most circumstances.
Hopefully they let you use the ring fit leg strap and physically run to your ball...only half joking.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018

A pretty detailed look at the trailer.

one thing that stood out was the discussion about the shot meter and how it could be set on an auto mode in this trailer which means there's likely a more advanced mode still to be shown.

also one thing that just occurred to me is the absence of any sort of shot marker to help determine where your ball will land before you swing. I kinda like the absence of it. Makes for a clean interface. Definitely looking forward to the next trailer with more details.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
It's super cool how the holes for a course are all actually on the same physical map now. I imagine that will come in handy in speed rush mode, allowing players to run ahead to the next course before all have finished?

I hope in single player the same can be done, it would be fun to hop in a golf cart to ride to the next hole, maybe with little mini games in between...

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm now craving some arcade golf while I wait for this. Any impressions of Everybody's Golf on PS4? It's currently on sale digitally for $15.

MrGab

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope motion controls is good as Tiger Woods 2010 on Wii with motion plus. I can't play golf games without good motion.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I just hope motion controls is good as Tiger Woods 2010 on Wii with motion plus. I can't play golf games without good motion.

Wait were those Tiger Woods games actually good? My dad has a few of these lying around (he was really into Wii Sports and wanted more golf), I'd have assumed they were shovelware tbh

MrGab

Oct 25, 2017
Wait were those Tiger Woods games actually good? My dad has a few of these lying around (he was really into Wii Sports and wanted more golf), I'd have assumed they were shovelware tbh

Yes, it's one of the best sports games on Wii.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 takes golf fans inside-the-ropes to experience the drama and emotion of tournament golf. In addition, the U.S. Open, a USGA championship, and the USGA’s Rules of Golf is available in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for the first time in franchise history. As you hear the roar of...

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
If there's something I can say about this is that it already looks more promising than Mario Tennis Aces. Aces looked good mostly in comparison to how poor Ultra Smash was. Super Rush is actually expanding the Mario Golf formula in new ways apparently and hopefully the story mode will be more robust than the one in Aces.

(Still hoping for a new Golden Sun though).

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
If there's something I can say about this is that it already looks more promising than Mario Tennis Aces. Aces looked good mostly in comparison to how poor Ultra Smash was. Super Rush is actually expanding the Mario Golf formula in new ways apparently and hopefully the story mode will be more robust than the one in Aces.

(Still hoping for a new Golden Sun though).

I would really like the story mode to be robust but, I don't trust nintendo with stuff like this.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Definitely curious to see the roster
I would really like the story mode to be robust but, I don't trust nintendo with stuff like this.
At the least it seems to be an expanded version of clubhouse mode from world tour, that'd already be an improvement from aces. You are making a custom character and honing their stats

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
My biggest hope for this game is lots of unlockables. Give us lots of unlockable characters to work towards. Hidden courses. Even mini games. It's so much fun to have things to work towards in games like this

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
the clubhouse mode in world tour was pretty okay and you could sink a good 15-20 hours into it if you really wanted to see it all

it wasn't the real meat of the game, but it gave you a lot to work toward even though it acted a bit like a glorified tutorial

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019

A pretty detailed look at the trailer.

one thing that stood out was the discussion about the shot meter and how it could be set on an auto mode in this trailer which means there's likely a more advanced mode still to be shown.

also one thing that just occurred to me is the absence of any sort of shot marker to help determine where your ball will land before you swing. I kinda like the absence of it. Makes for a clean interface. Definitely looking forward to the next trailer with more details.

Just watched the entire video as well. There's actually quite a lot of detail shown from a short 1-2 minute trailer.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
My biggest hope for this game is lots of unlockables. Give us lots of unlockable characters to work towards. Hidden courses. Even mini games. It's so much fun to have things to work towards in games like this
Bring back 64's mini golf. Heck do returning courses like WT's dlc did! 64, TT and WT courses in glorious HD, like 2-3 each

Xshade90

Nov 2, 2017
The game's out in June, right? It's a little worrying to not know what will be the full cast of characters. Was it the same before other Mario Golf titles released?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The game's out in June, right? It's a little worrying to not know what will be the full cast of characters. Was it the same before other Mario Golf titles released?
If characters are unlockable it's highly unlikely we'd be getting a full list from them either, especially if it's going to get support along the lines of Aces where they'll add more down the line (but that's admittedly a pretty big if).

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Motion plus controls in Tiger Woods were awesome. Looking forward to this even though it looked a bit rough to me in some respects, and June isn't far off.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Aces has a huge roster of 30 characters. I don't see any reason why Mario Golf won't end up with a number somewhere near that number, especially considering that title features unique movement animations and special shots as well.