• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But wasn't Naito meant to take tanahashi's title at some point or at least next WK ? Well that's in a year i guess..
No because tanahashi wasn't even meant to win the belt. And all this once before ibushi sign the big one. Are we have a while before we get to the dome a lot can change

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
What are you talking about?

You're the one bringing in Kofi being Black and Owens having white privilege while being upset that Owens might not have the Mania match anymore

Where did i complained about KO not having the match at mania anymore, we don't even know about that lol. I'm complaining about WWE using Vince's decision to push a white guy (and yeah that's something online, that's what we're talking about, perception, reactions from people) to create a weird heat around Ko. Look at salaries of wrestlers online, look at new day's money, look at how many black world champ there has been. When they give Kofi his chance and they take it back based on him not being worthy enough, and give it to returning KO, its going to be talked about in those terms and they know it. And i find that really unhealthy.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Where did i complained about KO not having the match at mania anymore, we don't even know about that lol. I'm complaining about WWE using Vince's decision to push a white guy (and yeah that's something online, that's what we're talking about, perception, reactions from people) to create a weird heat around Ko. Look at salaries of wrestlers online, look at new day's money, look at how many black world champ there has been. When they give Kofi his chance and they take it back based on him not being worthy enough, and give it to returning KO, its going to be talked about in those terms and they know it. And i find that really unhealthy.

What the shit are you even on about.

Dude the one being racist here is you.

And be real you find it unhealthy because it's not how you want them to book Owens.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"Reactions from Twitter randos" is not a good basis for a discussion

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they_huh.gif

Oct 25, 2017

Vince pushed KO because it's Vince, WWE, and they've done this shit a bajillion times. It has absolutely nothing to do with race and that is some huge leap in logic if people are going that way.

IIRC Meltzer said the original plan was for Owens & Bryan, but Kofi getting over huge in the EC stuff made them shift plans; again this goes back to my point of putting way too much mental energy into figuring out WWE booking/wrestling/writing in general.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
We're calling each other racist now ? Lol.. Explain why i'm racist then please

I mean you're the only one dragging this into a white vs Black thing.

And saying shit like this:

What did KO do to deserve being the white privilege monster

As if that's the story at all

It's not ,the story is, they were gonna just do Kofi vs Bryan at Fastlane but Kofi caught major fire with the fans and so they're finding a way to drag it out to make it the Mania program.

It sucks that Owens is probably losing that title shot at Mania, it kinda does suck that they brought him back for this instead of using someone who isn't just coming back after being off Tv for ages.

But it's gotta nothing to do with Owens, and again I quote you, being "the white privilege monster"

So you're borderline race baiting here.... and that's just really weird dude

And let's be real if that even was the story, why is that unhealthy? Black folk getting shit they worked hard for stolen from them while a white guy gets it handed to them is fucking reality. How would addressing that and having the Black guy overcome that shit be unhealthy, I mean I know it's because the white guy here would be Kevin Owens and that upsets you.

That's what all this is about, you having, once more, an issue with how Owens being booked

Last edited:

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never forgive hat man for hotshotting Momo and killing her story so that she could be Io. So much left on the table when all he had to do was lean on Mayu and Kagetsu.

Kyona is a jobber. The only mistake she made was joining Stardom.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Vince pushed KO because it's Vince, WWE, and they've done this shit a bajillion times. It has absolutely nothing to do with race and that is some huge leap in logic if people are going that way.

IIRC Meltzer said the original plan was for Owens & Bryan, but Kofi getting over huge in the EC stuff made them shift plans; again this goes back to my point of putting way too much mental energy into figuring out WWE booking/wrestling/writing in general.

You're just deciding to pretend that if you do this kind of injustice angle with a black guy, in our present time, it's absolutely not going to have any sort of societal symbolic for a certain demographic. Everyone think black wrestlers are treated super well in WWE and there are no resentment whatsoever then i guess, ok.
That's just me being racist for acknowledging a certain frustration there may be for the representation of certain minorities in wwe lol. What a fucking racist i am.

I mean you're the only one dragging this into a white vs Black thing.

And saying shit like this:

As if that's the story at all

Well without insulting each other, let's say we have a different appreciation of what is a story and what are its symbolic stakes. They're not explicitly playing that card, fortunately of course, but they cannot ignore that when this is Kofi involved, and they're pushing the black history month like crazy, there may be some more to it. That's my opinion. That may even be not on purpose but then that's naive.

All i'm saying in the end is an injustice angle with kofi may be a little more heavy than with somoene else.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You're just deciding to pretend that if you do this kind of injustice angle with a black guy, in our present time, it's absolutely not going to have any sort of societal symbolic for a certain demographic. Everyone think black wrestlers are treated super well in WWE and there are no resentment whatsoever then i guess, ok.
That's just me being racist for acknowledging a certain frustration there may be for the representation of certain minorities in wwe lol. What a fucking racist i am.

If there was any semblance of this being race specific I can gaurantee you the New Day of all people would be making more hints at it through their various outlets. They've never been shy on throwing shade over that shit.

The story is not about Kofi losing out to another white man, it's about Kofi always getting close and it being taken away. Not a single person in this thread, and rather progressive group of posters, even for a second thought it was race related.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Well without insulting each other, let's say we have a different appreciation of what is a story and what are its symbolic stakes. They're not explicitly playing that card, fortunately of course, but they cannot ignore that when this is Kofi involved, and they're pushing the black history month like crazy, there may be some more to it. That's my opinion.

Holy shit dude, this literally amounts to you implying Kofi is only getting pushed because he's a black man and Feburary just ended.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Dude

You can't play this game,, you cannot play this Black folk are treated poorly and underrepresented as WWE champions and, when the reason you're upset is because you believe Owens is being portrayed as "the white privilege monster" and that he doesn't deserve that.

Last edited:

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Holy shit dude, this literally amounts to you implying Kofi is only getting pushed because he's a black man and Feburary just ended.

No Kofi is being pushed cause he replaced Ali and had a crazy gauntlet and people are now obsessed with his push, that his fulyl deserved. Don't make it like i'm being mad at it or thinking he's not deserving lol that's not what i'm talking about. You're the one trying to make me the horrible person there when i'm trying to raise a communication problem by them.

Let's stop there, i see what you guys are thinking. WWE is not pushing it a a racist angle, of course they're not. We van agree on that. They are just trying to tease the injustice feeling. The way it can be felt by certain people is out of their reach i guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's stop there, i see what you guys are thinking. WWE is not pushing it a a racist angle, of course they're not. We van agree on that. They are just trying to tease the injustice feeling. The way it can be felt by certain people is out of their reach i guess.

The injustice is specific to how Vince has handled shit, like the Charolette thing, and how Kofi ALWAYS fell short. That's it. Period.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
No Kofi is being pushed cause he replaced Ali and had a crazy gauntlet and people are now obsessed with his push, that his fulyl deserved. Don't make it like i'm being mad at it or thinking he's not deserving lol that's not what i'm talking about. You're the one trying to make me the horrible person there when i'm trying to raise a communication problem by them.

Dude, stop lying, you literally claimed Owens is being presented as "the white privilege monster", you started talkig about Black history month. This is all you, you, you and only you.

Like you're entire argument boils down to

1. Back people are treated poorly in WWE now and historically.
  2. Kofi is being screwed as part of a storyline
  3. Kofi is black
  4. This happened in February
  5. WWE pushed Black history month
  6. Therefor there is racism as subtext
  7. This isn't fair to Kevin Owens

Like at best you're upset that some black people online relate to having shit they worked hard for taken from them and given to a white person who didn't actually earn it, and this upsets you because you love Kevin Owens... and you decided to drag this hurt feelings you have with random black people on Twitter here to declare the story unhealthy and ramble about Black History month and Black people not being treated well.... while complaining about Owens being seen as "the white privilege monster"

Like even if you were right and this is the story, you can't articulate why it's a bad story or "unhealthy" except that you don't think it's fair to Kevin Owens lol

Like this all boils down to you being upset, once again, about how Owens is being booked, that's it.

Last edited:

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
In the end what we have is

_me, reading twitter comments being all "that's racist booo"
_me assuming the story can have racial symbolics
_You being all "you're racist"

Lol ok i guess i won't make that mistake anymore.
And by the way i love Kofi and i'd love him to have a run actually. It's just sad that it has to put KO in some sort of heat that will stay for long i fear.

Dude, stop lying, you literally claimed Owens is being presented as "the white privilege monster", you started talkig about Black history month. This is all you, you, you and only you.

Like you're entire argument boils down to

1. Back people are treated poorly in WWE now and historically.
  2. Kofi is being screwed as part of a storyline
  3. Kofi is black
  4. This happened in February
  5. WWE pushed Black history month
  6. Therefor there is racism as subtext
  7. This isn't fair to Kevin Owens

Like at best you're upset that some black people online relate to having shit they worked hard for taking from them and given to a white person who didn't actually earn it, and this upsets you because you love Kevin Owens... and you decided to drag this hurt feelings you have with random black people on Twitter here to declare the story unhealthy and ramble about Black History month and Black people not being treated well.... while complaining about Owens being seen as "the white privilege monster"

Like this all boils down to you being upset, once again, about how Owens is being booked, that's it.

I get that you hate me you know it's not new lol. You absolutly want to accuse me of something. You're reaching even by telling i'm pretending Kofi is pushed cause he's black, which i never implied in any form. You're just too happy you can make me the bad guy here lol.
Let's say the 6 in your list should more be about a racial glass ceiling sentiment, than racism.

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
n the end what we have is

And by the way i love Kofi and i'd love him to have a run actually. It's just sad that it has to put KO in some sort of heat that will stay for long i fear.

Dude if you simply pointed out the racial politics allegory of the story no one would give a shit, but you raised the racial politics allegory as inherently a negative unhealthy thing.

Like you understand the difference between saying hey some people read this story through this lens, and some people read this story through this lens and that's super unhealthy and not fair to Kevin Owens, while also going on about how WWE pushes Black History month so it;s their fault for people seeing this "unhealthy" subtext?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the end what we have is

I get that you hate me you know it's not new lol. You absolutly want to accuse me of something. You're reaching even by telling i'm pretending Kofi is pushed cause he's black, which i never implied in any form. You're just too happy you can make me the bad guy here lol.
Let's say the 6 in your list should more be about a racial glass ceiling sentiment, than racism.
Maybe you should stop reading random Twitter comments

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
If you want a laugh, go read the PWTorch house show report from Smackdown last night. Keller came across as incredibly miserable. He also got mad as heck and went on a mini rant about how fans in attendance didn't know what AEW is or who the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega were. And how Becky chants were shut down/never got momentum, despite her not being there.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Dude if you simply pointed out the racial politics allegory of the story no one would give a shit, but you raised the racial politics allegory as inherently a negative unhealthy thing.

Like you understand the difference between saying hey some people read this story through this lens, and some people read this story through this lens and that's super unhealthy and not fair to Kevin Owens, while also going on about how WWE pushes Black History month so it;s their fault for people seeing this "unhealthy" subtext?

What i find unhealthy is just the fact that there may be some sort of heat boost there, that's all i'm saying. The racial politics allegory may give Owens a little more than the charlotte heat, and a sort of heat that is a little too real for wrestling, that's what i'm saying. And it's certainly not going to be that way for everyone, far from it. Maybe i'm wrong and twitter gave me the wrong idea actually. It's still matter to interpretation, but my post initially came from the fact that they are pushing the injustice feeling toward Owens.

And by unhealthy i mean when WWE use politic things or touchy subject to create heat, which is never a great idea. They did it in the past. Hell they had racist gimmick in the past. Now you're right, i'm probably reaching here, as they're not playing that card explicitly at all. it may just be 5 guys online seeing that on twitter, i hope. It's fine then!

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
What i find unhealthy is just the fact that there may be some sort of heat boost there, that's all i'm saying. The racial politics allegory may give Owens a little more than the charlotte heat, and a sort of heat that is a little too real for wrestling, that's what i'm saying. And it's certainly not going to be that way for everyone, far from it. Maybe i'm wrong and twitter gave me the wrong idea actually. It's still matter to interpretation, but my post initially came from the fact that they are pushing the injustice feeling toward Owens.

You're argument doesn't make any sense dude.

Are you saying you're afraid some fan is going to assault Owens because they see him as a "white privilege monster" and that you partially blame WWE because they push Black History Month and are running this angle now?

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
You're argument doesn't make any sense dude.

Are you saying you're afraid some fan is going to assault Owens because they see him as a "white privilege monster" and that you partially blame WWE because they push Black History Month and are running this angle now?

See, you're doing this again... Why are you doing that..
When did i blame WWE for pushing black history month.. You say random things to make me look like a racist again.. That's crazy man.. What's your problem..
I never said at any point there was a coordinate intention to push that story during that period neither. I said, the context is there and they cannot ignore it. This wasn't some sort of grand plan.

And this is not about KO being assaulted lol.. At worst he may represent something for some people who see that in that story. That's all. I would find that unfair that a wwe storyline makes him the symbol of that. But hey i'm probably wrong, let's move on dude.

Oct 25, 2017

This here is your problem, just lay off twitter for hot takes on this. I don't recall a single person here, on reddit, or even on POST Wrestling try to tie this into race in anyway shape or form. Everyone purely saw it was just another 'Vince doing what he wants' thing, that's it. And as I said, IIRC Metlzer even said the natural Kofi support in all this took WWE by surprise so they made some adjustments to how they were goign to play this out. The prevailing theory is Kofi is now going to get his moment at Mania, hence Ownes being used at Fastlane, from all the fan support.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
See, you're doing this again... Why are you doing that..
When did i blame WWE for pushing black history month.. You say random things to make me look like a racist again.. That's crazy man.. What's your problem..

Dude

You literally said this

They're not explicitly playing that card, fortunately of course, but they cannot ignore that when this is Kofi involved, and they're pushing the black history month like crazy, there may be some more to it.

Again remember you opened with saying you think this subtext is unhealthy,

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Dude

You literally said this

Again remember you opened with saying you think this subtext is unhealthy,

are you debating here or just trying to find everything you can in what i said to prove your point that i said something horrible lol..
I just explained what i mean by unhealthy..

It's crazy really, i'm trying to make my point more clear and to rertact on some point and you're just answering by "nah man you're bad, see you said that" what's the point..

You fucking harassed me here intially, and now everyone can see i'm trying to end the fucking argument and you're just attacking me again and again.. wtf

I said playing on that heat online with that subtext is unhealthy. Which i maybe wrong again, for the 10th time.
You're just taking things i said not clearly enough at first to push your idea that i'm sort sort of evil lol..

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And by unhealthy i mean when WWE use politic things or touchy subject to create heat, which is never a great idea. They did it in the past. Hell they had racist gimmick in the past. Now you're right, i'm probably reaching here, as they're not playing that card explicitly at all. it may just be 5 guys online seeing that on twitter, i hope. It's fine then!
Why aren't you capitalizing your I?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
are you debating here or just trying to find everything you can in what i said to prove your point that i said something horrible lol..
I just explained what i mean by unhealthy..

I mean considering you won't really admit you said anything horrible?

I'm not harassing you, I'm trying to get you to understand that some of the shit you said was racist.

Like you started with this dude

Also i don't like how they kinda roll on some sort of racial thing here... that's unhealthy really. What did KO do to deserve being the white privilege monster, let him fucking wrestle and be appreciated for it for christ sake.

Honestly dude I'm at a total loss at what you're even trying to argue, you dragged in Kofi being black, you dragged in white privilege, you dragged in WWE pushing Black History month, and then you're upset that people point out that's what you're saying is weird dude.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I mean considering you won't really admit you said anything horrible?

I'm not harassing you, I'm trying to get you to understand that some of the shit you said was racist.

Except you're obviously using things i said that i didn't make clear enough initially, i know that trick here lol. And i know you can see what i meant and you're ignoring everything i explained and just repeating "but you said that". I know the trick believe me.

And see, again, you're quoting my first post and ignoring everything i said after that. It's pretty obvious what you're doing.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Catching up on Pac's stuff in Dragons Gate and attaching the challenger's key to the belt is badass. Makes the champ look like monster after five or six defenses.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Anyway i'll go, fuck that. i'm a racist KO obsessed bastard and nobody should like me. i'm really not worthy of being a wrestling fan anyway it seems. i'll let you guys have fun together, and not interpret wrestling too much.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway i'll go, fuck that. i'm a racist KO obsessed bastard and nobody should like me. i'm really not worthy of being a wrestling fan anyway it seems. i'll let you guys have fun together, and not interpret wrestling too much.
Don't leave friend, just don't knowledge random people on Twitter as a defense. I want your opinion about wrestling

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Don't leave friend, just don't knowledge random people on Twitter as a defense. I want your opinion about wrestling

Sure there is a difference between telling me i shouldn't do that, and the other guy trying to prove i'm a racist for a whole page, when he's not continuously quoting everything i say to prove me wrong like he was some month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.