• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Let's do it.

Let's add NXT Wednesday too.

Once all the cards are out I'll fully figure out my roster.

You're free to make a roster like Team Rainbows about happy happy babyfaces if you want and we go with best winning percentage

Sounds good.

Raw and Smackdown being mostly random will be kind of fun.

Let's try to stick to 10, and a team counts as one.

Oh, and I would like to propose we add 205 because I'm a monster

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Mancer retweeting this is amazing lmao

Stealing this from a VOW review but MLW is the American equivalent of What Culture/Defiant. Cards that look great on paper but there is a 3 star ceiling they rarely break for some reason. I can't tell if it's because of booking, motivation, atmosphere or whatever else.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
GCW was a great show, really enjoyed seeing dudes slam each other into glass. Honestly, i think i got the most enjoyment from the Shlak/Crane match, which had the highest spots and thus delivered the most of what I wanted. Like Crane is a shitty wrestler but he'll go all the way and just fuck himself up (Shlak too!)

Raver/Parker could've maybe gone another level but it was really good, Parker was new to most of the crowd I think but he got over well. Gage/Colon took the fight outside and was maybe the riskiest thing they did, lmao. Wish I could've seen the reaction of the drivers that drove past

The rest of the matches were pretty fun, mostly sprints and spotfests. I started to get worn out early on during Swann/JB (which was still pretty good) but the first deathmatch picked me back up.

Show was in some warehouse in an area full of them right next to the highway, kind of a perfect contrast the Janela show last year that was in an actual concert venue in a hip neighborhood. Fitting venues for both brands of show respectively

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am reminded of this era of CZW.
giphy.gif

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Theory is going to be the first with USA, Mexico and Japan HW titles. Modern Triple Crown winner.

All the belts are gonna make it hard for Theory to take his shirtless photos.

In all seriousness, Theory has been wrestling better since winning the Evolve title. He has limited the unnecessary "I'm a heel!" resthold spots and has been showing off his athleticism more. He is a guy who sorely needs an extended excursion in Dragon Gate.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of DG, heard PAC and Skywalker had a great match. Not exactly shocking, but good stuff nonetheless.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris

Those fuckers are basically sending Owens face turn to death. He'll be back as a chicken heel pretty soon -_-
"Sure Kevin, this is your big push/turn, we'll just make sure everyone in the world hates you"

And notice they're not building the hate on Vince here, it's aimed toward KO

I wonder if the plan here is not to have on prurpose everyone shitting on the daniel/ko match so they rejoice when kofi interferes.. That's basically ruining a good match and 2 good wrestlers to satisfy a short term hype

Last edited:

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Those fuckers are basically sending Owens face turn to death. He'll be back as a chicken heel pretty soon -_-
"Sure Kevin, this is your big push/turn, we'll just make sure everyone in the world hates you"

Why do you only talk about Kevin Owens?

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Stealing this from a VOW review but MLW is the American equivalent of What Culture/Defiant. Cards that look great on paper but there is a 3 star ceiling they rarely break for some reason. I can't tell if it's because of booking, motivation, atmosphere or whatever else.
The unfortunate thing is just their taping structure does a disservice to what they're presenting

Horrible pacing kills a crowd, as does running interference/ post match beat downs after every single match. Just makes it feel like a waste of time

Funny part is the worst match on the card was their world title cage match

If they just put on a 3 hour card I think it'd be passable but that shit was 5 hours long and I showed up 45 minutes late lol. Can't imagine being there the whole time.

Most dream match booking on the indies doesn't live up to the hype but if you at least have a crowd invested it goes a long way

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The unfortunate thing is just their taping structure does a disservice to what they're presenting

Horrible pacing kills a crowd, as does running interference/ post match beat downs after every single match. Just makes it feel like a waste of time

Funny part is the worst match on the card was their world title cage match

If they just put on a 3 hour card I think it'd be passable but that shit was 5 hours long and I showed up 45 minutes late lol. Can't imagine being there the whole time.

Most dream match booking on the indies doesn't live up to the hype but if you at least have a crowd invested it goes a long way

Doesn't at all help that Court thinks he is about 100x smarter than anyone else and is not at all ashamed to tell you that he thinks that regularly

Gives the promotion an even further stink IMO. And then they disappoint with the shows and matches. So there's really no goodwill with the whole thing at all.

Like for being a relatively new upstart indie, MLW has like zero goodwill or good vibes associated with people wanting to see them succeed.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't at all help that Court thinks he is about 100x smarter than anyone else and is not at all ashamed to tell you that he thinks that regularly

Gives the promotion an even further stink IMO. And then they disappoint with the shows and matches. So there's really no goodwill with the whole thing at all.
Yeah

MLW just feels sterile as shit. It's a moneymark fed pretending to be legitimate

After the last taping I figured I was done, gave it another shot and it's funny because I think match quality overall was better(no Tommy Dreamer) but the match order was somehow worse than just piling bad stuff early

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Dude you think you have it bad, I mean I do feel ya, but trying being a fan of Adam Cole.

At least Owens is getting a title shot not at a throwaway filmed house show match dude

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
you disgruntled fans get no sympathy from me, the Tegan Nox fan

Or me, the Dakota Kai fan

OP
OP
Zach

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Have any of you noticed how poorly they book Kevin Owens?

#StandUpForKevin

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think we should start a social media campaign to get a WM main event people really want

Fucking Vince pushing Kofi

#KOMania

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Have any of you noticed how poorly they book Kevin Owens?

#StandUpForKevin

Nah but seriously, about KO or not, this is some sick shit to send someone to international hate like that for his return from injury and pretended push.
Also i don't like how they kinda roll on some sort of racial thing here... that's unhealthy really. What did KO do to deserve being the white privilege monster, let him fucking wrestle and be appreciated for it for christ sake.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MLW is just as bad now as it was in the mid-2000's, but at least then Kojima was champion. It feels like a cynical money mark fed trying to cash in on indie wrestling's success, and still being outdone by indies with a fraction of the resources at their disposal.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Nah but seriously, about KO or not, this is some sick shit to send someone to international hate like that for his return from injury and pretended push.
Also i don't like how they kinda roll on some sort of racial thing here... that's unhealthy really. What did KO do to deserve being the white privilege monster, let him fucking wrestle and be appreciated for it for christ sake.

Yooo. Ok your shit is kinda cute sometimes

But wtf are you dragging in Kofi being black for.

Kofi got over because he's a popular guy who caught fire.... before Owens was even brought back on TV

I know you love the guy but acting like Kofi is getting pushed because he's black and Owens not because he's white is some racist fucking shit.

Get a grip

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris

Well i'm worried about naito and Ibushi being in the first round at the new japan cup to :p
And if Ibushi goes to the final, i don't like the idea of his glass ceilling to be jay white -_- Same for Ishii if he goes there (but that would be surprising)

Yooo. Ok your shit is kinda cute sometimes

But wtf are you dragging in Kofi being black for.

Get a grip

I'm not lol, you should look at the twitter reactions since the last tuesday... It's called a racist decision a lot.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well i'm worried about naito and Ibushi being in the first round at the new japan cup to :p
And if Ibushi goes to the final, i don't like the idea of his glass ceilling to be jay white -_- Same for Ishii if he goes there (but that would be surprising)
Ibushi glass ceiling isn't jay White and I wouldn't want to put too much stock in who face is too in the first round they're probably building ibushi stock right now and wanted a hot first round match

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not lol, you should look at the twitter reactions since the last tuesday... It's called a racist decision a lot.

Bullshit you aren't. I don't care what randoms on twitter say. I care what people here say and our post amounts to whining that it's ok for Owens to be white.

Kofi is more over than Kevin Owens right now dude, period.

Pretty sure Tegan has a better W/L than Adam Cole tbqh

Right because NXT doesn't know how to book Adam Cole.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Ibushi glass ceiling isn't jay White and I wouldn't want to put too much stock in who face is too in the first round they're probably building ibushi stock right now and wanted a hot first round match

But wasn't Naito meant to take tanahashi's title at some point or at least next WK ? Well that's in a year i guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.