Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If they couldn't get the mangaka of Prints Money Slayer to stick around how do you think they'll get Fujimoto to stick around?
Chainsaw man has been consistent for a while compared to Demon slayer that only blew up after the anime started and they were already in the final arc. Slightly different situations

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw man has been consistent for a while compared to Demon slayer that only blew up after the anime started and they were already in the final arc. Slightly different situations

I mean when the anime started Kimetsu manga was basically after the swordsmith arc. So they could have easily extended the series if they wanted to, but they did not. There are definitely a lot of ways they could have done it.

Either way Jump won't force a mangaka to continue even if the series is successful. We've seen it with Assassination Classroom so I don't see it changing with CSM especially since Fujimoto prefers writing shorter stories.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean when the anime started Kimetsu manga was basically after the swordsmith arc. So they could have easily extended the series if they wanted to, but they did not. There are definitely a lot of ways they could have done it.

Either way Jump won't force a mangaka to continue even if the series is successful. We've seen it with Assassination Classroom so I don't see it changing with CSM especially since Fujimoto prefers writing shorter stories.
I mean it's fine by me, better a series ends on its own terms than rushed or dragged out

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
build king 0?1?
yeah this is pretty much carpentry toriko like what everyone's expecting
obviously carpentry wont be as interesting to me as eating, but i'll give this a few more chapters to try

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Kishimoto got tired seeing someone else ruin his property so he told Kodachi "no one ruins Naruto like I do" while snatching his pen

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Saw the news and had to come in here to make sure I had it right. Hope you guys enjoyed Sarada in that last fight she had focus in big RIP

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, Kishimoto picking up Borito might be fun. Keep in mind he was the one who decided in his time skip wrap up that it would be fun if Naruto was a hilariously absent father and Sasuke was just perpetually out for cigarettes. Besides its not like the Boruto manga could really get any worse.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I got super into cooking isekai for some reason recently and it's kind of funny to see how wildly quality can swing across the line for various manga and interrogating why I like or don't like variations on a theme.

Welcome to Japan, Elf-san: extremely good except for the levelling shit. If I can get the Japanese physicals I will. I think the main reason is that it's effectively a husband/wife anime and the main character's relationship feels incredibly genuine. I also like the slightly unique conceit (in modern times anyway) of travelling back and forth between the worlds.

Restaurant to Another World: Decent but flounders after a while because there's only so far you can get with short stories in a travelling inn when they're all about 'they had a meal at the restaurant'.

Isekai Izakaya: Better than Restaurant to Another World purely because it has a couple of arcs about 'maybe we'll get shut down' except no.

Isekai Cheat Survival Meshi: Pretty bad but the research is legit. Probably the most cliche of all of them that I've read so far with a pointlessly OP main character who has random (eating related) powers for no specific reason.

Isekai Ryouridou: On the verge of acceptable, need to read more.

The Banished Villainess! Living the Lesiurely Life of Cooking at a Covenant: Seems decent, need to read more, my favourite part is the heroine (villainess) doesn't even interrogate like any of the world-building stuff at all and is content to just be a nice nun in a convent

Last edited:

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
I got super into cooking isekai for some reason recently and it's kind of funny to see how wildly quality can swing across the line for various manga and interrogating why I like or don't like variations on a theme.

Welcome to Japan, Elf-san: extremely good except for the levelling shit. If I can get the Japanese physicals I will. I think the main reason is that it's effectively a husband/wife anime and the main character's relationship feels incredibly genuine. I also like the slightly unique conceit (in modern times anyway) of travelling back and forth between the worlds.

Restaurant to Another World: Decent but flounders after a while because there's only so far you can get with short stories in a travelling inn when they're all about 'they had a meal at the restaurant'.

Isekai Izakaya: Better than Restaurant to Another World purely because it has a couple of arcs about 'maybe we'll get shut down' except no.

Isekai Cheat Survival Meshi: Pretty bad but the research is legit. Probably the most cliche of all of them that I've read so far with a pointlessly OP main character who has random (eating related) powers for no specific reason.

Isekai Ryouridou: On the verge of acceptable, need to read more.

The Banished Villainess! Living the Lesiurely Life of Cooking at a Covenant: Seems decent, need to read more, my favourite part is the heroine (villainess) doesn't even interrogate like any of the world-building stuff at all and is content to just be a nice nun in a convent

If you haven't already, check out Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I dunno, Kishimoto picking up Borito might be fun. Keep in mind he was the one who decided in his time skip wrap up that it would be fun if Naruto was a hilariously absent father and Sasuke was just perpetually out for cigarettes. Besides its not like the Boruto manga could really get any worse.

I read Samurai 8, Kishi has shown it can get much much worse

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
That's surprising.
RgVgsmq.jpeg

Oct 25, 2017
Naruto to Kishimoto:

I read Samurai 8, Kishi has shown it can get much much worse

I remember when the first chapter of Samurai 8 came out, and one of the first characters was a female Samurai, and people thought "Kishimoto is going to be better about women! Yay!"
Then Ann shows up, and is basically a glorified cheerleader for Hachimaru (who sucks so much). Sure, she becomes a Samurai... on the final fucking page.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't already, check out Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi.

Thanks, I gave it a look as well. Further isekai food quick impressions:

Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi 1
Eehhhhh the art and quality level is quite good but it's the standard isekai thing where it's inexplicably a JRPG world and the main guy has a cheat skill and frankly that sucks imho. I dunno, I'll read more and see. Beginning to feel like Log Horizon is the only series I'll ever feel comfortable with having levelling shit in it and that's because the whole MMO conceit is part of its world, unlike here where it's just... there.

Isekai Ryouridou
I feel better about this one because the main guy doesn't have a cheat skill (YET) and the other character he's playing off is really fun (in a totally stoic, alien-culture kind of way). And at least the MC seems to actually miss his family, which is oddly absent in a lot of this isekai junk. I enjoy that the main character actually has to work to figure out how stuff should be cooked in this fantasy world and to relearn the 'basics' of cooking. That said, there's still something off about it, probably rooted in the generic-ness of the main character.

The Banished Villainess! Living the Leisurely Life of a Nun Making Revolutionary Church Food
Uh guess I got tricked into reading a standard isekai otome manga cos food comes up pretty rarely (she did make takoyaki). I like it though so... cool

Ryuu Majin Hime Valacie No Haiboku
Pretty good reverse isekai with an all-powerful dragon about to destroy the world but keeps getting distracted by food. Probably a twitter comic? Not many chapters up yet.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Golem Hearts (15 chapters)

This series is essentially what if pinocchio was a battle shone in a fantasy land. In a world where automaton called golems are created by magic, our mc is a golem who is human and can cast golem arts on himself. He was of course created by a quirky outcast who is hated because all of his Golems are worthless.

I have said in the past that Golem Hearts was a pretty enjoyable one shot turned into a pretty mediocre series and I stand by that. Near the end of it's run the series started to get interesting but it was too little too late. Of the many canceled manga I've read this one was probably the least tweaks away from being something truly special.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Naruto to Kishimoto:

I remember when the first chapter of Samurai 8 came out, and one of the first characters was a female Samurai, and people thought "Kishimoto is going to be better about women! Yay!"
Then Ann shows up, and is basically a glorified cheerleader for Hachimaru (who sucks so much). Sure, she becomes a Samurai... on the final fucking page.

The sad thing is that Anne is still an improvement over Hinata since Anne is built off of Hinata.

Kishimoto probably realized that he did a shitty job at the Sakura archetype so he went for the Hinata archetype as the main heroine instead.

Anne's samurai design is pretty fucking cool though

It was probably one of my favorite Kishi designs.

"You speak the J?"

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
You speak the J? What's your favorite untranslated ongoing manga right now? Gimme those deep cut recs.

I don't know what's translated and whats' not.

The shark one is on comic valkyrie, which is pretty fanservice heavy though, but this one is funny.

alphapolis is probabely the biggest beside niconico to see new serie, usually webnovel that team with a new artist.
www.alphapolis.co.jp

全話無料の漫画も多数!アルファポリスの公式Web漫画

アルファポリスの公式Web漫画は、コミックス化された範囲以外はすべて無料!全話無料の漫画も多数。ファンタジー、恋愛、TL、ギャグ、4コマ等、ここでしか読めない人気漫画が連載中!

龍と龍殺しの巫女 is one that I like
www.alphapolis.co.jp

龍と龍殺しの巫女 | 公式Web漫画 | アルファポリス

龍に娘をささげる代わりに繁栄を手にしてきた人間の国――。しかし、いつしか人は龍の力を借りずとも文明を発展させ国を守る力を手に入れた……。すでに過去の遺物と化した龍を始末するために選ばれた巫女と、その巫女にベタ惚れとなった龍の生死をかけた、キル・ユー・ラブコメディー! 第10回漫画大賞優秀賞受賞作品が、遂に登場!!
500x711.jpg

500x711.jpg

Basic plot, female main is a "assassin" sent by her country to be a "witch/shrine maiden" to a dragon, but the dragon to her looks like a manju instead of the lendary dragon that everyone sees.
Every chaptor is her basicly trying some scheme to assassinate the dragon and failing.

最後にひとつだけお願いしてもよろしいでしょうか
www.alphapolis.co.jp

最後にひとつだけお願いしてもよろしいでしょうか | 公式Web漫画 | アルファポリス

【無料試し読みあり!】舞踏会の最中に、第二王子カイルからいきなり婚約破棄を告げられたスカーレット。さらには、あらぬ罪を着せられて〝悪役令嬢〟呼ばわりされ、大勢の貴族達から糾弾される羽目に。今までずっと我慢してきたけれど、おバカなカイルに付き合うのは、もう限界! アタマに来たスカーレットは、あるお願いを口にする。――『最後に、貴方達をブッ飛ばしてもよろしいですか?』 こうしてスカーレットは、カイルと取り巻きの貴族達を拳で制裁することにして……!? 華麗で苛烈で徹底的、痛快すぎる悪役令嬢ファンタジー待望のコミカライズ!!

This one starts out similiar to majority of the shoujo isaekai in which the heroine is the "bad" girl and is getting punished for picking on the "heroine" in a magic school type setting.
Usually the serie go, is either they heroine regain memory and get revenge by using modern knowedge to get more power, or other.
This one instead..
500x711.jpg

Punch the heroine and everyone in the face
1%E6%9C%80%E5%BE%8C%E3%81%AB%E3%81%B2%E3%81%A8%E3%81%A4%E3%81%A0%E3%81%91%E3%81%8A%E9%A1%98%E3%81%84%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%82%82%E3%82%88%E3%82%8D%E3%81%97%E3%81%84%E3%81%A7%E3%81%97%E3%82%87%E3%81%86%E3%81%8B2.jpg

e4d78b75.jpg

Comic walker also has a lot

Rebuild world is an interesting post apolypitic sci-fi one, I think it might have english?
It has cool action gun play, but also alot of fanservice though.
ribirudo11.jpg

EOiPqlPUEAE7_Mv.jpg

comic-walker.com

リビルドワールド

電撃《新文芸》スタートアップコンテスト大賞受賞作が早くもコミカライズ!<br> <br> 旧文明の遺産を求め、数多の遺跡にハンターがひしめき合う世界。新米ハンター・アキラはスラム街から成り上がるために踏み入れた旧世界の遺跡で、全裸でたたずむ謎の美女・アルファと出会う――。

異世界黙示録マイノグーラ ~破滅の文明で始める世界征服~
Concept is similiar to another one, where main character is transfer to a fantasy world, in this case, he's transported with his TRPG type faction, evil faction with lovecraft type gods on his side.
The serie later have more out-worlder from other type of game all causing big change to the world in their own "realm"

His advisor/heroine Ahtu is Nyarlathotep or a avatar of it.
and she's considered one of the more "normal" of his servant.
He has no plan for taking over the world or such, just wants to live in his place and survive without conflict if possible.
sejXqt0.jpg

VLHNVo3.jpg

ニコニコ漫画

ニコニコ静画は、「イラスト」や「マンガ」を投稿したり、「電子書籍」を読んだりして楽しむことができるサイトです。
comic-walker.com

転生したら邪神でした――。<br> <br> 若くして病死した伊良拓斗は、生前熱中していた戦略級SLG『Eternal Nations』に似た異世界へと転生してしまう。そこで目の前に現れたのはゲーム内で拓斗が治めていた邪悪属性文明「マイノグーラ」で使用していた少女アトゥだった。<br> ふたりはこの世界で再び、新国家をつくることを決意する。<br> 心優しい邪神と魔女たちが紡ぐ、戦略級異世界ファンタジーコミカライズ!!<br> <br> <b><font color="red"><font size="5">コミックス第5巻、好評発売中!</font></font></b>

便利屋斎藤さん、異世界に行く
Main chara is a jack of all trade in our world(Lock smith, etc) and got transported to a fantasy world, and joined a Dungeon and dragon type party.
He can't fight, but uses other skillt o help, from lock picking to helping the wizard memorizing his spell.

DovgmsWVsAADUB8.jpg

comic-walker.com

便利屋斎藤さん、異世界に行く

コミックス第1巻 大好評発売中!!<br> <br> 斎藤さんは充実していた。この世界で「ありがとう」を知ったから。<br> <br> 今までの人生、ずっと平々凡々と生きてきた。<br> 運動も、勉強も、そこそこ。<br> 決して一番になれない普通の人間……<br> それが、斎藤さん。<br> <br> 職業“便利屋”の斎藤さんは、ある日、異世界に転生する。<br> <br> そこで出会ったのは、<br> 強く美しいツンデレ戦士。ラエルザ<br> 呪文を忘れる最強魔法使い。で、エロじじいの モーロック<br> 姿はかわいいが守銭奴の妖精。ラファンパン<br>...

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's just started reading two otome isekai series, that otome one starting with 'punch the heroine in the face' is amazing.

It's weird how quickly that became a cliche, but I suspect it had been going around in JPN for a lot longer than it has in english

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I gave it a look as well. Further isekai food quick impressions:

Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi 1
Eehhhhh the art and quality level is quite good but it's the standard isekai thing where it's inexplicably a JRPG world and the main guy has a cheat skill and frankly that sucks imho. I dunno, I'll read more and see. Beginning to feel like Log Horizon is the only series I'll ever feel comfortable with having levelling shit in it and that's because the whole MMO conceit is part of its world, unlike here where it's just... there.

Yeah, it's mainly about cooking japanese food with meat from fantasy creatures, but there are no struggles and the MC gets handed everything.
Another one that you'll probably dislike then is Skill "Daidokoro Shoukan" wa Sugoi!: Isekai de Gohan Tsukutte Point Tamemasu, as it has a point system and it's broken. It's fairly short though (2 volumes).

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
its very funny that the manga with the hands down best food presentation I've read so far is Tis Time for "Torture", Princess, which isn't ostensibly a food manga at all. Though Dungeon Meshi is obviously pretty up there (fantasy ingredients aside... I wish it had actual recipies lol)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That shark one and that dragon one sound fun... but I can't read any of the three forms of Japanese, not that I wouldn't be interested in learning but the 3 separate parts mean I can't just grab an Japanese to English dictionary

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I don't know what's translated and whats' not.

The shark one is on comic valkyrie, which is pretty fanservice heavy though, but this one is funny.

alphapolis is probabely the biggest beside niconico to see new serie, usually webnovel that team with a new artist.
www.alphapolis.co.jp

全話無料の漫画も多数!アルファポリスの公式Web漫画

アルファポリスの公式Web漫画は、コミックス化された範囲以外はすべて無料!全話無料の漫画も多数。ファンタジー、恋愛、TL、ギャグ、4コマ等、ここでしか読めない人気漫画が連載中!

龍と龍殺しの巫女 is one that I like
www.alphapolis.co.jp

龍と龍殺しの巫女 | 公式Web漫画 | アルファポリス

龍に娘をささげる代わりに繁栄を手にしてきた人間の国――。しかし、いつしか人は龍の力を借りずとも文明を発展させ国を守る力を手に入れた……。すでに過去の遺物と化した龍を始末するために選ばれた巫女と、その巫女にベタ惚れとなった龍の生死をかけた、キル・ユー・ラブコメディー! 第10回漫画大賞優秀賞受賞作品が、遂に登場!!
500x711.jpg

500x711.jpg

Basic plot, female main is a "assassin" sent by her country to be a "witch/shrine maiden" to a dragon, but the dragon to her looks like a manju instead of the lendary dragon that everyone sees.
Every chaptor is her basicly trying some scheme to assassinate the dragon and failing.

最後にひとつだけお願いしてもよろしいでしょうか
www.alphapolis.co.jp

【無料試し読みあり!】舞踏会の最中に、第二王子カイルからいきなり婚約破棄を告げられたスカーレット。さらには、あらぬ罪を着せられて〝悪役令嬢〟呼ばわりされ、大勢の貴族達から糾弾される羽目に。今までずっと我慢してきたけれど、おバカなカイルに付き合うのは、もう限界! アタマに来たスカーレットは、あるお願いを口にする。――『最後に、貴方達をブッ飛ばしてもよろしいですか?』 こうしてスカーレットは、カイルと取り巻きの貴族達を拳で制裁することにして……!? 華麗で苛烈で徹底的、痛快すぎる悪役令嬢ファンタジー待望のコミカライズ!!

This one starts out similiar to majority of the shoujo isaekai in which the heroine is the "bad" girl and is getting punished for picking on the "heroine" in a magic school type setting.
Usually the serie go, is either they heroine regain memory and get revenge by using modern knowedge to get more power, or other.
This one instead..
500x711.jpg

1%E6%9C%80%E5%BE%8C%E3%81%AB%E3%81%B2%E3%81%A8%E3%81%A4%E3%81%A0%E3%81%91%E3%81%8A%E9%A1%98%E3%81%84%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%82%82%E3%82%88%E3%82%8D%E3%81%97%E3%81%84%E3%81%A7%E3%81%97%E3%82%87%E3%81%86%E3%81%8B2.jpg

e4d78b75.jpg

Comic walker also has a lot

Rebuild world is an interesting post apolypitic sci-fi one, I think it might have english?
It has cool action gun play, but also alot of fanservice though.
ribirudo11.jpg

EOiPqlPUEAE7_Mv.jpg

comic-walker.com

リビルドワールド

電撃《新文芸》スタートアップコンテスト大賞受賞作が早くもコミカライズ!<br> <br> 旧文明の遺産を求め、数多の遺跡にハンターがひしめき合う世界。新米ハンター・アキラはスラム街から成り上がるために踏み入れた旧世界の遺跡で、全裸でたたずむ謎の美女・アルファと出会う――。

Concept is similiar to another one, where main character is transfer to a fantasy world, in this case, he's transported with his TRPG type faction, evil faction with lovecraft type gods on his side.
The serie later have more out-worlder from other type of game all causing big change to the world in their own "realm"

His advisor/heroine Ahtu is Nyarlathotep or a avatar of it.
and she's considered one of the more "normal" of his servant.
He has no plan for taking over the world or such, just wants to live in his place and survive without conflict if possible.
sejXqt0.jpg

VLHNVo3.jpg

ニコニコ漫画

ニコニコ静画は、「イラスト」や「マンガ」を投稿したり、「電子書籍」を読んだりして楽しむことができるサイトです。
comic-walker.com

転生したら邪神でした――。<br> <br> 若くして病死した伊良拓斗は、生前熱中していた戦略級SLG『Eternal Nations』に似た異世界へと転生してしまう。そこで目の前に現れたのはゲーム内で拓斗が治めていた邪悪属性文明「マイノグーラ」で使用していた少女アトゥだった。<br> ふたりはこの世界で再び、新国家をつくることを決意する。<br> 心優しい邪神と魔女たちが紡ぐ、戦略級異世界ファンタジーコミカライズ!!<br> <br> <b><font color="red"><font size="5">コミックス第5巻、好評発売中!</font></font></b>

便利屋斎藤さん、異世界に行く
Main chara is a jack of all trade in our world(Lock smith, etc) and got transported to a fantasy world, and joined a Dungeon and dragon type party.
He can't fight, but uses other skillt o help, from lock picking to helping the wizard memorizing his spell.

DovgmsWVsAADUB8.jpg

comic-walker.com

便利屋斎藤さん、異世界に行く

コミックス第1巻 大好評発売中!!<br> <br> 斎藤さんは充実していた。この世界で「ありがとう」を知ったから。<br> <br> 今までの人生、ずっと平々凡々と生きてきた。<br> 運動も、勉強も、そこそこ。<br> 決して一番になれない普通の人間……<br> それが、斎藤さん。<br> <br> 職業“便利屋”の斎藤さんは、ある日、異世界に転生する。<br> <br> そこで出会ったのは、<br> 強く美しいツンデレ戦士。ラエルザ<br> 呪文を忘れる最強魔法使い。で、エロじじいの モーロック<br> 姿はかわいいが守銭奴の妖精。ラファンパン<br>...
Wow. I don't think I'd heard of any of these before. I mostly read horror and stuff published by Beam, and then whatever random stuff gets recommended in Kono Manga ga Sugoi. Thanks! Gimme your MAL if you have one so I can stalk your manga reading.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
最後にひとつだけお願いしてもよろしいでしょうか
www.alphapolis.co.jp

This one instead..
500x711.jpg

e4d78b75.jpg
As someone who's just started reading two otome isekai series, that otome one starting with 'punch the heroine in the face' is amazing.

It's weird how quickly that became a cliche, but I suspect it had been going around in JPN for a lot longer than it has in english
This is honestly one of my favorites currently running. Scarlet is aspirational, and I like her interactions with the first prince.

It also manages to have its cake and eat it, too, but that's spoilers.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I've been holding off with D-Gray Man in order for more chapters to come out considering only a couple come out a year.

It's incredibly sad on how this series ended up with multiple hiatus because of the author's arm injury. It was one of my favorite series that I read back in the day and it had some incredible horror elements. I loved how atmospheric the setting was and how incredibly high the stakes were in the series. Also Katsura Hoshino's art is one of best in Jump with how beautiful it is.

I always look back and wonder where would the series have been if the author wasn't screwed over by her arm issue. Granted the current volumes still sell well, but man not only would the series have ended already it would have been far more popular than where it is right now.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I've been holding off with D-Gray Man in order for more chapters to come out considering only a couple come out a year.

It's incredibly sad on how this series ended up with multiple hiatus because of the author's arm injury. It was one of my favorite series that I read back in the day and it had some incredible horror elements. I loved how atmospheric the setting was and how incredibly high the stakes were in the series. Also Katsura Hoshino's art is one of best in Jump with how beautiful it is.

I always look back and wonder where would the series have been if the author wasn't screwed over by her arm issue. Granted the current volumes still sell well, but man not only would the series have ended already it would have been far more popular than where it is right now.

Same question has to be asked with World Trigger, though Toei did WT no favors with it's dollar store adaptation.

Specifically with D gray man I wonder if some of the later twist would have worked better if not for the sporadic release schedule. It really felt like the series did a bizarre right turn out of nowhere like 30-40 chapters ago.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Same question has to be asked with World Trigger, though Toei did WT no favors with it's dollar store adaptation.

Specifically with D gray man I wonder if some of the later twist would have worked better if not for the sporadic release schedule. It really felt like the series did a bizarre right turn out of nowhere like 30-40 chapters ago.

Yea it definitely sucks for World Trigger especially with the author's health. As for Toei they do really mess up with some adaptions I'm looking at you Toriko.

Some of those twists in D-Gray Man did make sense when I reread the series again a year and half ago. The sporadic release schedule really did mess up the pacing and structure of the story a lot because some of the revelations felt out of nowhere lol. I mean coming back to it after a couple years can make you forget a lot of things. Also the art changes multiple times within the span of the series that it's shocking ahaha.

The hiatus did definitely have a huge role in messing with the pacing for sure, which is why rereading the series helped me understand it a lot better. I'm probably gonna reread it again once a set of chapters come out. Either way at least the art looks incredible.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Yea it definitely sucks for World Trigger especially with the author's health. As for Toei they do really mess up with some adaptions I'm looking at you Toriko.

Some of those twists in D-Gray Man did make sense when I reread the series again a year and half ago. The sporadic release schedule really did mess up the pacing and structure of the story a lot because some of the revelations felt out of nowhere lol. I mean coming back to it after a couple years can make you forget a lot of things. Also the art changes multiple times within the span of the series that it's shocking ahaha.

The hiatus did definitely have a huge role in messing with the pacing for sure, which is why rereading the series helped me understand it a lot better. I'm probably gonna reread it again once a set of chapters come out. Either way at least the art looks incredible.

I'll reread it once the series ends/is abandoned/canceled

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Wow. I don't think I'd heard of any of these before. I mostly read horror and stuff published by Beam, and then whatever random stuff gets recommended in Kono Manga ga Sugoi. Thanks! Gimme your MAL if you have one so I can stalk your manga reading.

Sorry, I don't know what MAL is.

And I acutally read webnovel more then manga, usually checking the manga after it get announced.

村づくりゲームのNPCが生身の人間としか思えない
web-ace.jp

村づくりゲームのNPCが生身の人間としか思えない - 昼熊 / 森田和彦 / 海鼠|ヤングエースUP

「村づくりゲームのNPCが生身の人間としか思えない」は、ヤングエースUPで配信中の無料コミックです。現実とゲームが交錯する、新感覚リアル×ファンタジー!

This is another one that I like, Main chara got a "game" that he act as a god and help raise a village.
He's a NEET(Trauma when younger) and through acting and guiding the villager as their "god" he learned to improve himself and go back out to the world
The serie later get more..."serious" when it turn out there's two faction of player, the "god" that help raise and protect human like MC, and the monster faction that kill "villager" or NPC for real world money

His villager consist of a brother and sister adventurer(Fighter and priestess) and a family(Father, mother and daughter)
Seeing them trying to live, and listinging to his advice helped him alot mentally, and even seeing the daughter trying to help pushed him to better himself and try and leave his room.

Main chara
EOfSEuZVAAISTKZ.jpg

his villager
---id---1535---id------c---10.1---c------t---3---t---.jpg

最弱テイマーはゴミ拾いの旅を始めました。
seiga.nicovideo.jp

最弱テイマーはゴミ拾いの旅を始めました。@COMIC / 漫画:蕗野 冬 原作:ほのぼのる500 キャラクター原案:なま

最新話:第21話 2024/02/08更新。再生(累計): 4447258。 小説投稿サイト「小説家になろう」発の人気作、 「comicコロナ」にてコミカライズ連載スタート! ---------- スキル至上主義の異世界。気弱で優しい魔物…

Female has memory from her past life, but she's currently in "hard" mode
shortly after getting her life skill, she was deemed uneeded and later hunted and almost killed by the villager.
And has been surviving outside with the weakest slime as her pet(The only thing her skill can tame)
1689b_1106_0385f235b9a83fdf84746d68367fb5a1.jpg

SaijakuTameGomi%20v01s.jpg

処刑された賢者はリッチに転生して侵略戦争を始める

処刑された賢者はリッチに転生して侵略戦争を始める | マンガUP! | SQUARE ENIX

過去の英雄は最強の不死者となり、<br> 侵略戦争を開始する――!!

This one is the revenge type story.
Main character was the sage with Yuusha, and with her, they finally defeated the demon lord, but human became afraid of their power, and placed false charge on them, the Yuusha is willing to die if it can protect humanity, and he choose not to leave her side, so both got killed.
But he survived and became a lich king, and after leaving and finding the kingdom and humanity still not good, he reached a new conclusion.
Humanity will only be "good" when there's a great evil that they can't defeat, so he'll become that great evil, not to take over or wipe out humanity, but act as a forever enemy that they have to work together to battle against.
With only a few people close to him knowing his real goal, he became the new demon lord and also took in survivor from the old one, even defeating the new yuusha with a holy blade.
The only person he can't bring back is his yuusha.

Yuusha and Main chara when alive
Eb7fkX0U0AYXYXO.jpg:small

EkwhERKUUAAK6M8.jpg:small

Eda1HmxUcAAsrkL.jpg

悪役令嬢、ブラコンにジョブチェンジします
www.kadokawa.co.jp

悪役令嬢、ブラコンにジョブチェンジします

ライトノベル「悪役令嬢、ブラコンにジョブチェンジします」浜千鳥のあらすじ、最新情報をKADOKAWA公式サイトより。名門公爵家の悪役令嬢・エカテリーナとして転生した社畜アラサーの利奈。ゲームでは知らなかった不幸な設定の悪役兄妹のため、最推し(非攻略対象)のお兄様・アレクセイのため、みんなで幸せになってみせます!

This one I don't think has a manga yet, might get one eventually.
It's your otome type "bad" girl that try to prevent their bad end for herself and her kingdom
After getting transfered/awaked to realize is in their favorite game.

But she wants to be friend with the heroine and prince, and is rooting for them to be a couple, and also prevent her bad end and kingdom bad end, but things aren't going as she plan.
Main chara
XoegRXH.jpg

Meeting the heroine
VvrS0xw.jpg

Her maid
jpak953.jpg

xW8oUFc.jpg

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Sorry, I don't know what MAL is.

And I acutally read webnovel more then manga, usually checking the manga after it get announced.

村づくりゲームのNPCが生身の人間としか思えない
web-ace.jp

村づくりゲームのNPCが生身の人間としか思えない - 昼熊 / 森田和彦 / 海鼠|ヤングエースUP

「村づくりゲームのNPCが生身の人間としか思えない」は、ヤングエースUPで配信中の無料コミックです。現実とゲームが交錯する、新感覚リアル×ファンタジー!

This is another one that I like, Main chara got a "game" that he act as a god and help raise a village.
He's a NEET(Trauma when younger) and through acting and guiding the villager as their "god" he learned to improve himself and go back out to the world
The serie later get more..."serious" when it turn out there's two faction of player, the "god" that help raise and protect human like MC, and the monster faction that kill "villager" or NPC for real world money

His villager consist of a brother and sister adventurer(Fighter and priestess) and a family(Father, mother and daughter)
Seeing them trying to live, and listinging to his advice helped him alot mentally, and even seeing the daughter trying to help pushed him to better himself and try and leave his room.

Main chara
EOfSEuZVAAISTKZ.jpg

his villager
---id---1535---id------c---10.1---c------t---3---t---.jpg

最弱テイマーはゴミ拾いの旅を始めました。
seiga.nicovideo.jp

最弱テイマーはゴミ拾いの旅を始めました。@COMIC / 漫画:蕗野 冬 原作:ほのぼのる500 キャラクター原案:なま

最新話:第21話 2024/02/08更新。再生(累計): 4447258。 小説投稿サイト「小説家になろう」発の人気作、 「comicコロナ」にてコミカライズ連載スタート! ---------- スキル至上主義の異世界。気弱で優しい魔物…

Female has memory from her past life, but she's currently in "hard" mode
shortly after getting her life skill, she was deemed uneeded and later hunted and almost killed by the villager.
And has been surviving outside with the weakest slime as her pet(The only thing her skill can tame)
1689b_1106_0385f235b9a83fdf84746d68367fb5a1.jpg

SaijakuTameGomi%20v01s.jpg

処刑された賢者はリッチに転生して侵略戦争を始める

処刑された賢者はリッチに転生して侵略戦争を始める | マンガUP! | SQUARE ENIX

過去の英雄は最強の不死者となり、<br> 侵略戦争を開始する――!!

This one is the revenge type story.
Main character was the sage with Yuusha, and with her, they finally defeated the demon lord, but human became afraid of their power, and placed false charge on them, the Yuusha is willing to die if it can protect humanity, and he choose not to leave her side, so both got killed.
But he survived and became a lich king, and after leaving and finding the kingdom and humanity still not good, he reached a new conclusion.
Humanity will only be "good" when there's a great evil that they can't defeat, so he'll become that great evil, not to take over or wipe out humanity, but act as a forever enemy that they have to work together to battle against.
With only a few people close to him knowing his real goal, he became the new demon lord and also took in survivor from the old one, even defeating the new yuusha with a holy blade.
The only person he can't bring back is his yuusha.

Yuusha and Main chara when alive
Eb7fkX0U0AYXYXO.jpg:small

EkwhERKUUAAK6M8.jpg:small

Eda1HmxUcAAsrkL.jpg

悪役令嬢、ブラコンにジョブチェンジします
www.kadokawa.co.jp

悪役令嬢、ブラコンにジョブチェンジします

ライトノベル「悪役令嬢、ブラコンにジョブチェンジします」浜千鳥のあらすじ、最新情報をKADOKAWA公式サイトより。名門公爵家の悪役令嬢・エカテリーナとして転生した社畜アラサーの利奈。ゲームでは知らなかった不幸な設定の悪役兄妹のため、最推し(非攻略対象)のお兄様・アレクセイのため、みんなで幸せになってみせます!

This one I don't think has a manga yet, might get one eventually.
It's your otome type "bad" girl that try to prevent their bad end for herself and her kingdom
After getting transfered/awaked to realize is in their favorite game.

But she wants to be friend with the heroine and prince, and is rooting for them to be a couple, and also prevent her bad end and kingdom bad end, but things aren't going as she plan.
Main chara
XoegRXH.jpg

Meeting the heroine
VvrS0xw.jpg

Her maid
jpak953.jpg

xW8oUFc.jpg
These are all new to me!

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised the TOC hasn't been posted yet.

EnFz0fdXYAA7O4u

Magu-chan getting the respect it deserves. It's staying.
Our Blood Oath is definitely on the chopping block. Phantom Seer probably is too. But we'll see.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Surprised the TOC hasn't been posted yet.

EnFz0fdXYAA7O4u

Magu-chan getting the respect it deserves. It's staying.
Our Blood Oath is definitely on the chopping block. Phantom Seer probably is too. But we'll see.

I wonder if HSF has found it's new home as an unranked gag manga at the end of the magazine, it's been awhile since Jump has had one.

I agree that PS and OBO don't feel long for this world, but the rest of the magazine has been pretty fluid I don't see any hard cuts happening until 2021 at this rate.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
OBO was toast from the very beginning, I really can't see Phantom Seer or Moriking lasting long considering where they are right now . Maybe the same for Agravity Boys too, but its been just skating by for almost a year now and I would not be surprised to see that trend continue lol

Seems like Cop & Dolphin is here to stay for the time being. It hasn't been great, but the recent plot developments were kinda interesting, and I thought the most recent chapter was actually pretty fun. Hopefully it can keep that up.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know, Cop and Dolphin only got interesting when the pervy cute guy who is actually some mystical undersea being plot got here, otherwise it was skimmable at best.

I think our blood oath and phantom seer will last a bit. Moriking is on the way out, we never learn is also on the way out...don't think more than one or two series needs to be cut in the near term.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 208

I loved this chapter for countless reasons - Kei's reactions to the fact that Kaguya and Miyuki shared the same bed for the night, the first poster in Miyuki's room being related to the desire of standing alongside Kaguya, the backstory about Miyuki's mother.
But, among all these things, I found the dialogue between kaguya and Kei extremely interesting for the lore of the series. I don't remember Kaguya giving Kei the advice that wanting some space for themselves doesn't mean to reject the loe of other people. This means that Kaguya and Kei have met in the past, possibly before Kaguya met Miyuki himself, and this might be related also to the identity of Miyuki's mother. Perhaps was/is she working for the Shinomiya family? That would explain how Kaguya could have met Kei, since Kei's mother could have sometimes brought her child to Shinomiya's house.

Then the chapter ends with a cliffhanger. Fortunately there won't be a break next week. If I were Miyuki, I would think that Kaguya is going to break the relationship after finding out the posters (she won't, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.