Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
South Park did it where Cartman made Token walk within a certain distance of a circle he drew just to shoot him and claim stand your ground. And JUST because he could.

States that have the law are:
"Louisiana"
This is not good

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is sooooo fucking broken. I understand the guy was wrong to push him, but how is responding with DEADLY force a proper response? Right when he pulled the gun out the guy stopped and started backing off, but he went and shot him anyways?? STRAIGHT UP MURDER. Get your shit together, Florida.

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Florida lawmakers strengthened "Stand Your Ground" during the last legislative session. They shifted the burden of proof to law enforcement to prove that it was not a case of standing your ground before they can make an arrest.

Ahhahahaha you can literally get away with murder in Florida with no effort.

South Park did it where Cartman made Token walk within a certain distance of a circle he drew just to shoot him and claim stand your ground. And JUST because he could.

States that have the law are:

In a few of these the law is actually pretty particular about what circumstances constitute a "stand your ground" situation. For example, Texas actually has some very specific parts about it; this story's SYG would not have stood (ha) scrutiny under Texas law (or at least my interpretation of the Texas code, I am not a lawyer) as the entire situation was strongly provoked and had nothing to do with the shooter's home or place of employment or committing a grevious crime.

Last edited:

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This law encourages tinydicked gun owners to go out and start shit. Scream at someone as much as you want, and so long as they lay hands on you first you're legally allowed to murder them. That is fucking insane.

Fuck America.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Your not going to be able to argue that in a court. People have died from a single punch to the chest or head, people have died from being pushed and hitting their head.

The stand your ground law is terrible and needs to go away, however it's currentlycurr law. He shouldn't have pushed the guy. You don't touch someone without permission.

Michael Drejka was threatening the victim's SO and children. Under the law he had every right to neutralize that threat.

What you, and the sheriff, are arguing is the victim should have just shot Drejka, instead of using minimal force (pushing him away from the car) in order to remove the threat.

Stand your ground should only apply to the victim. It shouldn't be a free pass for aggressors like Drejka to murder folks who are simply defending themselves and/or their family.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
That's castle doctrine. Stand your ground literally travels with you. I can shoot you in the desert and claim I was standing my ground because I was threatened.
I'm surprised Drejka wasn't killed considering he's been threatening people for a while. In that news footage, one guy even said Drejka was threatening to shoot him. The owner of the mart said Drejka was basically hanging around JUST to start trouble, like he was looking for a fight. He WANTED to kill someone, and knowing a guy like that might get off scot-free is disturbing.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't give a fuck If they have a stand your ground law, this is murder. If their SYG law is supposed to make this response legal then this shit should be found unconstitutional. Murder for being shoved to the ground?? What the fuck??

I feel so sorry for his 5 year old son man, poor child will never recover.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
He sounds like the kind of person that imagines scenarios of using his gun on someone.

Guns should be a last resort, he clearly didn't want to wait till it got to that point.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting they so easily found another black person he started shit with... makes you wonder if he got the result he's been hoping for...

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
This law is terrible. The argument was over as soon as he pulled the weapon. So much as seeing a gun is enough to traumatize some people. The shooter was obviously looking for a fight.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Looked over before the weapon was drawn. The man was backing away right after pushing him down.

Exactly this. The victim had a 100% reasonable response to a threat. He pushed the aggressor away from the vehicle, and pulled back.

Minimum use of force to remove an immediate threat.

The asshole with the gun, then turned around and murdered the victim in cold blood.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Drejka wasn't killed considering he's been threatening people for a while. In that news footage, one guy even said Drejka was threatening to shoot him. The owner of the mart said Drejka was basically hanging around JUST to start trouble, like he was looking for a fight. He WANTED to kill someone, and knowing a guy like that might get off scot-free is disturbing.
Given how the thread goes he will get off scot-free and murder the next person probably soon. Wonder if it has to be a white person that gets killed before someone does something. Really wish there are other solutions to this problem.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Fucking hell. I tried to write a response but honestly I just cant. This is just too depressing. When will this ever end?

Gestalt

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
"it's the rules, I'm just doing my job!"
the fuck do you stand for dude? fuck that sheriff. if he disagrees with it that much he should be making noise about this, not giving weak ass justifications to placate people. maybe he does have to enforce the law but in this case he should be kicking and screaming about it.
totally spineless. a five year old doesn't have a dad anymore cause of this bullshit. what kind of example does that set for him? what does that tell him about the world he's been born into, and the people who make and enforce the rules that supposedly keep our society afloat? how will his limp dick justification affect this kid growing up? fuck this shit

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
"it's the rules, I'm just doing my job!"

Protecting white people over the bodies of minorities is the police's job.
c4B6QlE.png

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck do you shoot someone who shoves you?

How the fuck do you not get arrested for it?

How the fuck don't do more as a sheriff in this case.

And I wonder what the outcome would be if the victim was white, and the shooter black. (I don't really wonder.)

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So do you with your taxes. Especially the ones going to corrupt cops. Best believe you've contributed far more to the misery in the world via your dollars in taxes than my 60$ dues that I paid for a few years.

So does every millennial that sits home every election. Miss me with your purity test bullshit. Go look in the mirror for a while before you come at me with that shit again. I haven't been a member in years but you still wanna try and make that an issue cause you salty I post in gun threads even when I obviously concede right off such issues are a problem and the law is wrong? Kick rocks with that moralizing pretending your money ain't got dirt, lol.

There's no issue for us to debate outside of your ridiculous belief that eliminating civilian gun ownership in the US entirely is somehow more feasible politically than getting stand your ground laws reigned in state by state.

Lol you have to pay taxes

You don't have to give money to the fucking NRA

Great that you don't anymore. But comparing taxes to NRA payments is silly shit.

Just admit you were wrong and that you don't do it anymore, thats a good defense against people picking fights with you, instead of trying to make absurd comparisons.

You still funding organizations have been engaging in all types of extremism all over the globe for centuries.

Or you could double down on it. Sure that works too

Last edited:

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine what would the outrage/verdict would be if it was a black guy "Standing his ground"

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the video and this isn't a clear cut case of stand your ground. The guy shoved him but backed away, and the guy straight up murdered him. The sheriff that refused to arrest him is a moron.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen the video and this isn't a clear cut case of stand your ground. The guy shoved him but backed away, and the guy straight up murdered him. The sheriff that refused to arrest him is a moron.
The guy who was shoved was also harassing his girlfriend and child. Who's to say he didn't think he was going to hurt them. So why wouldn't stand your ground apply to the guy who was shot.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Take away these peoples guns. It's the only sure fire way to stop this happening ever again.

Innocent people are being killed because your government won't take peoples guns away.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
The guy who was shoved was also harassing his girlfriend and child. Who's to say he didn't think he was going to hurt them. So why wouldn't stand your ground apply to the guy who was shot.

The person that died pushed first and initiated the altercation. You can't instigate if you are 'standing your ground.'

But this is not the correct application of the law as what the shooter did was not 'standing his ground' but rather murder. You can't shoot someone that is backing away and showing no further aggression. That's been well established in previous incidents that have gone to trial. There's a pretty good amount of time between the push, the shooter drawing, and the shooter firing. He should go to prison but won't because of the incorrect application of the law. If you identify that you are armed or draw down on someone and they are compliant/backing away, you can't shoot them because that's murder/manslaughter.

Florida's standards must be absurdly low for this guy to not get arrested. I have a CCW and this dude would probably go to prison in most states. I think this is an issue with race and this particular sheriff who seems like a moron.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Lol you have to pay taxes

You don't have to give money to the fucking NRA

Great that you don't anymore. But comparing taxes to NRA payments is silly shit.

Just admit you were wrong and that you don't do it anymore, thats a good defense against people picking fights with you, instead of trying to make absurd comparisons.

Or you could double down on it. Sure that works too

It's like you didn't read what I wrote to the last guy. So once again, the fuck this has to do with the thread?

I'll never pass your purity test so I'm not gonna play that game with you. Don't like it? Tough shit.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy totally looks like he wanted to be shoved so he could legally shoot someone. And I don't say that lightly. This is fucked up.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Shit is crazy, and I'm a pro gun CHL holder. Every state is different in regards to the rules of when you are allowed to use your weapon, however. In Texas at least, it's when you are in fear of your life. You are then authorized to shoot to stop (the threat).

One thing I do not agree with is the idea of shooting someone as they are on the ground but still moving, but that is the rule I was instructed with in Texas. I'm afraid to look up what it is in Florida. As for stand your ground? Obviously this idiot was not in fear of his life after one shove. This guy is a fucking murderer and his past aggressiveness proves it. Some people shouldn't have guns.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Fuck guns. "People kill people", yes, but guns make it FAR too easy to do so, and imbue many with an inflated sense of power. Guns are straight up evil, and anyone who actively wanted to own one would be someone I'd never want to be in the company of. They have corrupted so many, caused so much misery for millions of people, there's no upside that's positive enough to remotely come close to outweighing the many, many downsides.
This bullshit notion that guns are going to stop the American government from harming it's citizens is being exposed daily as Trump is allowed to run the country into the ground while the NRA line his and his cronies' pockets and laugh about it all as they do so. It's a line of BS to facilitate the selling of more death, and the US public in general laps that shit up as more and more people die.
It's hard to be shocked by the brazen nature of this case with the countless stories I've been exposed to on this site and Gaf before it...all these years, and it's business as usual, nothing changes other than the bank accounts of the cunts who profit from death.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Shit is crazy, and I'm a pro gun CHL holder. Every state is different in regards to the rules of when you are allowed to use your weapon, however. In Texas at least, it's when you are in fear of your life. You are then authorized to shoot to stop (the threat).

One thing I do not agree with is the idea of shooting someone as they are on the ground but still moving, but that is the rule I was instructed with in Texas. I'm afraid to look up what it is in Florida. As for stand your ground? Obviously this idiot was not in fear of his life after one shove. This guy is a fucking murderer and his past aggressiveness proves it. Some people shouldn't have guns.

Fear for your life is a horrible standard because it's completely unenforceable.

The standard should be a demonstrable and real threat.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Stand your ground is insane and needs to be abolished ASAP. Florida's law requiring police to assess whether an affirmative defense applies before even charging is just unbelievable.

Frostburn

Oct 25, 2017
Man gets pushed to the ground so he is allowed to use deadly force? Fuck that man, the shooter should be arrested for murder. His life was not threatened by an unarmed man over a single push. Our country is getting so fucking backwards at a rapid pace.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck @ that video? That was straight up murder. Guy shoved the psycho to get him away away from harassing his family and immediately backed off and psycho shoots him. How is that stand your ground?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
WFTS_-_sheriff_bob_gualtieri_-_640x480_20130709160003_640_480.JPG

Bob Gualtieri's the name! Enforcing and regulating white supremacy's the game

That's the cop from the video right?

He just casually says, "you guys saw that push right? It was a violent push, guy had it coming."

Like it was nothing, as if there was nothing else to investigate.

That dude has probably dreamed of a chance to shoot a black person, and this garbage law gave him an easy way to realize that dream with 0 consequence.