Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw you can get 2 weeks early access by pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition.

That is wild for a narrative heavy game like this, going to make avoiding spoilers for regular edition buyers a nightmare.

EraLurker24

Feb 9, 2022
Then where is she?
Check mate.

latest

Maybe you haven't flipped the chessboard around enough yet...

Awesome. I'm probably in the minority in saying I like Don't Nod's games more than Deck Nine's. Wishlisted it.

Oct 25, 2017
Im surprised people didn't think it was Max, literally my first thought was " kinda looks like older Max.... IS IT?!!!"

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Obviously a trailer is never enough to go on, and you have to imagine the game itself will have her grappling with the decision and maybe have external forces basically make it for her, but still, having lived through Donnie Darko, the idea that she'd be using her powers again to try to save someone is kind of a hard sell.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
So, what do you guys think? I believe that this will start of in the reality where Chloe died. Then the stuff with Max's friend(?) happens and she realized she can travel realities. And while trying to solve the murder she later comes to realize that this other reality is also one where Chloe is alive. And we see from there.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
So, what do you guys think? I believe that this will start of in the reality where Chloe died. Then the stuff with Max's friend(?) happens and she realized she can travel realities. And while trying to solve the murder she later comes to realize that this other reality is also one where Chloe is alive. And we see from there.

It's obvious this is what's going to happen.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty excited for this. I feel like Don't Nod and Deck Nine have put out similar quality releases of these types of games , with Life is Strange 1 being the exception. It is one of my all-time favorite games and head and shoulders above the others imo.

That being said, I prefer all of Deck Nine's output to Life is Strange 2 which is the weakest entry for me. I didn't play Twin Mirror, but if I had to rank their games of this genre it'd probably be:

1. Life is Strange
  2. Tell Me Why
  3. Life is Strange: True Colors
  4. Life is Strange: Before the Storm
  5. Life is Strange 2
  6. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Awesome

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
So is she going to cause another reality nuking tornado to save one person?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Probably the biggest surprise of the show for me. Now I'm not the biggest Life is Strange-fan, but I'm really looking forward to this.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I'm very conflicted. On one hand, Max is cool and going with the correct (Bay) ending is nice to see. I feel that's ending served the story and characters better but I also know better than to discuss that online.

On the other, while I liked the first two games, I feel like this should have been an anthology series. I'd much rather new stories than revisiting previous ones even if it hasn't clicked with me since 2.

Also, the practice of pre-orders and special editions for early access to the game for single player games is really fucking stupid. That shit needs to end and not be supported.

Then there's this so I'll honestly likely avoid this:
Probably a good time to remember Deck Nine's recent history:

www.resetera.com

[IGN] How Hidden Nazi Symbols Were the Tip of a Toxic Iceberg at Life Is Strange Developer Deck Nine (UP: SE didnt want the IP known as “the gay game) News - Square Enix

https://www.ign.com/articles/how-hidden-nazi-symbols-were-the-tip-of-a-toxic-iceberg-at-life-is-strange-developer-deck-nine Treatment of staff How SE didn’t want the game seen

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In a vacuum I do want more LiS and having a 'safer' choice by having Max be the protagonist is an option I can live with.

I have already accepted the messiness of Chloe living and I'm happy the LiS comics exist to at least further the relationship, even if it couldn't address the chaos directly.

PS: heartily recommend reading the LiS comics, it'll directly have Chloe/Max & Chloe/Rachel and multiverse shit already so I mean it'll make playing this a bit more palatable if you're still hung up on the madness

TimeShinigami

Nov 3, 2022
I am so happy. Been freaking out since the trailer played. No Chloe has me concerned, but maybe she'll appear in a Ep cliffhanger and the internet will explode.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Actually really annoyed they're pulling the 'early access' crap for a narrative driven single player game and two weeks at that. Will be real fun having to avoid spoilers because of this dogshit practice.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
They're being so smart yet so scummy with the early access. Avoiding spoilers is nearly impossible, so they know fans will opt for the premium edition.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
They're being so smart yet so scummy with the early access. Avoiding spoilers is nearly impossible, so they know fans will opt for the premium edition.
Annoying it's just the the 1st two episodes though I'm gonna get the ultimate but not gonna play part of the game and then wait two weeks to finish lol

Oct 25, 2017
1000%

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I desperately wish I was more excited about this. I hadn't liked the premise for Double Exposure from the leaks, as it was such a retread of the original game's story. The reveal makes it seem like an even bigger retread, as the leaks at least had her student being murdered, which felt like it put Max in an interesting position of responsibility as a now grown adult. But another dead friend? C'mon.

The only thing that's holding some personal curiosity is Deck Nine did absolutely fantastic character work with Before the Storm in particular (as other users have mentioned, The Tempest sequence!), so even with the retread premise for Double Exposure they have definitely proven themselves in the past for me to give the benefit of the doubt.

The trailer didn't hint at Chloe dead or alive, so that's interesting. If we're dealing with timelines, she could be both dead and alive, really.

ETA: Also the fancy edition releasing two of the episodes early is awful.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know how to feel about this yet because on the one hand, it feels like it contradicts the intent of the original game's ending about how the "right" answer was actually for Max not to have used her powers at all, and you spend the entire game figuring out that you have to undo everything you've done in order to set things right (and that your time with Chloe was really just some kind of celestial gift, not an actual reality you get to keep). But on the other hand, for a bunch of reasons, that reasoning always felt unsatisfying, so undoing it is not necessarily a bad thing either.

This is probably a sign that I need to try playing the rest of the games in the series already. Aside from Captain Spirit and maybe the first hour of Before the Storm I haven't been back since.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, just seen that 2 weeks advance access on chapters 1 and 2 with the Ultimate Edition. That feels scummy.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The cool thing to do would be your choice from 1 is the main reality and the other is the opposite

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda funny of all my hopes and dreams for not-E3 this wasn't even a thought in my head(and had it been expected i'd have said it was an upper middle tier announcement)
But it just hit right(New LiS +Max returning) and now its game of the show and my most anticipated announced game overall right now...

And its this year!

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah I'll have to echo that I didn't recognize Max, just looked like a generic white girl.

And going back to Max again isn't very exciting. Guess after my ambivalence to true colors I'm just too excited in this.

robotnikus

Oct 24, 2023
Am I alone, who don't like it, because
- Deck Nine is the developer (Before The Storm was great, but True Colors is awful)
- Max's new design
- They picked wrong canon

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda funny of all my hopes and dreams for not-E3 this wasn't even a thought in my head(and had it been expected i'd have said it was an upper middle tier announcement)
But it just hit right(New LiS +Max returning) and now its game of the show and my most anticipated announced game overall right now...

And its this year!

Yeah, same. This releasing like a week after Silent Hill 2, my other favorite game of all time next to the first LiS, seems like an insane fever dream.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
- Deck Nine is the developer (Before The Storm was great, but True Colors is awful)

Yes but not because True Colors was bad (in fact it was awesome). Yes because they've got a bunch of Nazi fucks high up in Deck Nine apparently.

No it's fine.

- They picked wrong canon

No they didn't, Bay ending is fine.

Deleted member 150663

Jun 17, 2023
Max is back!!
With alternate reality, chloe is going in it right?

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
- Max's new design

I can't believe how a slight hair style change really changes Max's look (I definitely didn't know it was her till they went and said "Max")

Her almost-emo puffy hair and bangs are gone; but they definitely share that (and I swear dont mean this in a bad way because I like how it makes her look distinct) somewhat constantly confused/dopey expression again haha

Max-Caulfield-Avatar-320x320.jpg
life-is-strange-double-exposure-arrives-on-october-29-cover6665ee5144eaf.jpg

Gwendly_

May 27, 2020
please be better story telling then the more recent games , the original one was incredible and some of the entries after that have been so so

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
As a diehard LiS fan I'm simultaneously happy to see Max again, and destroyed at how awful Deck Nine management is. What should've felt like a joyous moment as a fan was ruined by me thinking "isn't this studio run by monsters" the entire time. No meaningful complaints about the trailer. I think the only thing that tempered my excitement (outside of the reprehensible management) is that I own the 6 volumes of the graphic novels and have gotten to enjoy Max Caulfield's many timelines for about a year now. The use of her powers in the trailer feels extremely familiar thanks to the books. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's less exciting.

robotnikus

Oct 24, 2023
I can't believe how a slight hair style change really changes Max's look (I definitely didn't know it was her till they went and said "Max")

Her almost-emo puffy hair and bangs are gone; but they definitely share that (and I swear dont mean this in a bad way because I like how it makes her look distinct) somewhat constantly confused/dopey expression again haha

Me too! Even when they called her Max, I was like okay and only when the trailer finished I got my revelation - wait a fucking second, THAT Max.

Yes but not because True Colors was bad (in fact it was awesome). Yes because they've got a bunch of Nazi fucks high up in Deck Nine apparently.

No it's fine.

No they didn't, Bay ending is fine.
I got the idea my thoughts aren't very popular here, hence "alone" part, but I read the thread now and could see there are people with good taste 🤭

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck that's it

It's absolutely the hair