• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I got the Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule being shipped to me as well as some pearl, green tea, and snail sheet masks.

I'll update with a review.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm getting my first Dermalogica skin treatment on Thursday. Hope it actually works and isn't just a marketing scheme. It's at a fairly small, locally owned spa, so I'm assuming they'd only continue to run this treatment if it was satisfying clients.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I got the Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule being shipped to me as well as some pearl, green tea, and snail sheet masks.

I use Missha's Time Revolution Night Repair. It's supposed to be a dupe of Estee Lauder night serum, but looking at the ingredients I'm not sure it's going to be as great as using a niacinamide and retinol separately.

For the price it's really cheap, especially during sales, and it's nice as a layering serum. However, if you want its effects faster, I'd recommend finding in addition to the serum a good retinol and a good niacinamide.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought some Bulldog products. They have Oil Control products (that I've used before) but since we're in winter months, I've just noticed that my face get's a bit dry and then pimples appears (oil production increases a lot allied with beard growth) - so I just bought the Original ones for my oily face because, since it's very dry, having some aloe vera and some oils will help my face feeling more hydrated. That and I hope that the green tea will help with some red spots on my face, making it more cleaner.

I don't know if I'm actually thinking correctly but it's worth a shot. That and whatever has SLS or all that synthetic ingredients tend to make my face get really really dry on these cold months - so I've opted for something more natural.

I also bought their Oil Control Mask and Scrub. Oh man, I really hope this works as I'm tired of trying different products and my face still doesn't look really healthy.

PS: We really should have a hair care thread. I have so many questions.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ordered some Kiss My Face, Face Factor SPF 30 a while ago and it finally arrived today. (it had to be imported, idt they sell it here in Canada) Put some on this morning before heading out (along with some barrier repair) and I'm really happy with it so far. Face still feels moisturized after a couple hours. I got the 2oz bottle though, and the directions on the back say that it should be applied liberally but I can't really afford to barrel through these things every two weeks or so. It was nearly $20 for just the 2oz. I'll have to head on over to SDM and see what similar product(s) they offer.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered some Kiss My Face, Face Factor SPF 30 a while ago and it finally arrived today. (it had to be imported, idt they sell it here in Canada) Put some on this morning before heading out (along with some barrier repair) and I'm really happy with it so far. Face still feels moisturized after a couple hours. I got the 2oz bottle though, and the directions on the back say that it should be applied liberally but I can't really afford to barrel through these things every two weeks or so. It was nearly $20 for just the 2oz. I'll have to head on over to SDM and see what similar product(s) they offer.

You really should look to a SPF50+++

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Why is that? I have naturally tanned skin and don't burn easily, so I don't want to put on more than is necessary. Also, do you have any recommendations for a 50+++ product?

It's not about burning. It's about protecting your skin. This is how you prevent aging of your skin. Whether you're naturally tanned or not.

Biore UV Aqua Rich SPF 50+++ is one of the best IMO.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's not about burning. It's about protecting your skin. This is how you prevent aging of your skin. Whether you're naturally tanned or not.

Biore UV Aqua Rich SPF 50+++ is one of the best IMO.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll order one when I get home tonight, and it'll probably (hopefully) arrive by the time I'm done with the Kiss My Face.

InkyVulture

Oct 26, 2017
I use only two products on my face: water and moisturizer and only when showering every other day. Having read the old topic and some skin care articles over the years I always think I should improve my routine, but I'm honestly worried about what effect adding more products could have on my skin, I regularly get mistaken for being a decade younger than I am and I consider my skin mostly problem free aside from some occasional zits. Can things only get better or could I risk irritating my skin for no reason other than vanity?

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
I've had dark circles under my eyes my whole life, and people have always labeled me a stoner despite the fact I'm sober 99% of the time. Does anyone have any advice as to how to fix it? I'm aware genes has a factor but surely there's a way to mitigate that.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I use only two products on my face: water and moisturizer and only when showering every other day. Having read the old topic and some skin care articles over the years I always think I should improve my routine, but I'm honestly worried about what effect adding more products could have on my skin, I regularly get mistaken for being a decade younger than I am and I consider my skin mostly problem free aside from some occasional zits. Can things only get better or could I risk irritating my skin for no reason other than vanity?

Most important and maybe for some people such as yourself only thing is sunscreen made for face. You may want a good cleanser too just Incase too.

Cleanse, Moisturize, and Protect is what everyone should do.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

How old are you :o?

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
My scalp itches and dries as it grows out. The dryness and itchiness goes away when I get a buzz cut, but comes back a month later. Tried tea tree shampoo but no dice :(

Anybody have any advice?

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'm trying to get used to the idea that this dishydrosis eczema on my right hand and fingers will probably never go away. I've used the cream the doctor gave me -- maybe not enough, but I forget and do use Glysomed also -- but it doesn't make too much of a difference. It's just annoying having constantly dry patches on my hand.

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I get really dry skin under my mustach and it comes off in kind of big flakes. Skin looks red and irritated. I'm also now getting itchy under my chin/neck area. Scratching results in what looks to be dandruff, or beardruff.

After a shower I make sure I dry my beard out well even though I keep it trimmed short.

For Christmas I got a beard balm that's advertised as all natural and organic. It helps a bit with the dry skin but it's still present. Not sure what to do.

Sch1sm

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Canadians of the thread, what do y'all use for your exfoliant? The OP suggested ones aren't available in stores in Toronto, and what I was using's on it's last leg and now discontinued by NeoStrata.

I'd get something shipped but the cost is eh if I have to pay for shipping, since I don't want to order like CDN$70+ on products to have it sent over free.

Slash Ess

Nov 5, 2017
Canadians of the thread, what do y'all use for your exfoliant? The OP suggested ones aren't available in stores in Toronto, and what I was using's on it's last leg and now discontinued by NeoStrata.

I'd get something shipped but the cost is eh if I have to pay for shipping, since I don't want to order like CDN$70+ on products to have it sent over free.

Try visiting the Deciem in Kensington Market. Their Ordinary line has good cheap AHAs for exfoliation. The staff are really nice and helpful and the products are cheap but sell out often.

nonuser

Oct 27, 2017
I've had dark circles under my eyes my whole life, and people have always labeled me a stoner despite the fact I'm sober 99% of the time. Does anyone have any advice as to how to fix it? I'm aware genes has a factor but surely there's a way to mitigate that.

Honestly the best thing is probably to use a concealer, in my opinion.

Some people say The Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG from The Ordinary helps a lot with puffiness; and they're suppose to help with the pigmentation as well. (Plus it's cheap!)

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I just started using the Dermalogica daily microfoliant in the morning, and it's pretty good so far. For evenings I use the Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid to help with my prone skin.

I haven't really found an exfoliant that I'd swear by yet, though. Still on the look out. I wonder if Canada has any answer to Paula's Choice?

cebri

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is rosehip oil as good as they say? They say it can remove (not completely) scars and wrinkles.

InkyVulture

Oct 26, 2017
Most important and maybe for some people such as yourself only thing is sunscreen made for face. You may want a good cleanser too just Incase too.

Cleanse, Moisturize, and Protect is what everyone should do.

Thanks for your thoughts, guess I'll start cleansing every other day and see if there are any changes, then try sunscreen as it's the one I worry most about messing up my face.

I won't say, but I was attempted kicked out of a bar in 2017 because they thought I was under 18.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
When can you use this pad and how many times a day?

While I'm still posting, might as well pose ask for guidance, since it's a new year and I'm trying to make myself feel better, health, career, and relationship-wise. I had never really took skin care seriously before but I'm 32yo and I think my skin problems is starting to catch up with me so hopefully, I can get that handle and look better.

I had review this thread and came up a list of skin care products that I am considering purchasing. Let me know if this is a good list to start or if there is anything else I can use/drop. I'm assuming with the exfoliate (since I never use this before) is to be done daily.

- Cleanser (Centaphil Gentle Cleanser) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ET76EY/?tag=era0f0-20

- Toner/Exfoliate (Paula's Choice Perfecting 8% AHA) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00949CO66/?tag=era0f0-20

- Protect/Moisturizer (Biore Sarasara UV Aqua SPF 50) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LRO7DO/?tag=era0f0-20

- Body Sunscreen (NO-AD Sunscreen Lotion SPF 45) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001U2KP8Y/?tag=era0f0-20

- Body Wash (Neutrogena Body Clear) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ET04C1K/?tag=era0f0-20

- Acne Pad (CORSX One Step) - http://www.ulta.com/one-step-pimple-clear-pads?productId=xlsImpprod16661033

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is rosehip oil as good as they say? They say it can remove (not completely) scars and wrinkles.
I've read around that is actually really good for skin. I have oily skin but this is one oil that actually works for someone who occasionally has acne.

I need something to help my scars (I don't have much but still bothers me) and this oil looks something that I should really look into.

SexRanger

Nov 13, 2017
Finland
My scalp itches and dries as it grows out. The dryness and itchiness goes away when I get a buzz cut, but comes back a month later. Tried tea tree shampoo but no dice :(

Anybody have any advice?

I have had this problem since teenager years. Dry scalp, dandruff, itchyness etc.
I have tried every single "gentle-, anti-dandruff, moisture-, angel power from India- shampoos" in planet. Only thing that really helps for me is shampoo which contains Ketoconazol. One usage per week does wonders.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Lately I've been using Tatcha skincare, the rice enzyme powder is amazing and I love how gentle the camellia oil is.
Right now, they are giving lucky bags worth $100 if you purchase over $100 on the official Tatcha site.
As I've gotten older, my skin isn't as soft or bright as it used to be. I've noticed a lot of dullness over the past couple years, the enzyme rice powder has really helped my dullness.
I used to use the Shiseido bio-performance super revitalizing cream but I no longer see much of an improvement like I once did.
Currently testing between Tatcha's water cream and Shiseido's glow revival cream.
I have tried so many moisturizers and most just sit on the face, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the light texture of Tatcha's water cream.

mogget

Nov 7, 2017
I have had this problem since teenager years. Dry scalp, dandruff, itchyness etc.
I have tried every single "gentle-, anti-dandruff, moisture-, angel power from India- shampoos" in planet. Only thing that really helps for me is shampoo which contains Ketoconazol. One usage per week does wonders.

Yeah same here, I used to be really embarrassed of my flaky scalp but using a ketoconazole shampoo cleared everything up with a few uses. Now I use it 1-2 times a week.

Sch1sm

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Try visiting the Deciem in Kensington Market. Their Ordinary line has good cheap AHAs for exfoliation. The staff are really nice and helpful and the products are cheap but sell out often.

Oh, thank you! I'll head over there this week and see if I get any luck with The Ordinary's line. Seems like it's always sold out even on their own site online, and one is flat out unavailable in Canada (the AHA/BHA mix one). Good looking out.

I just started using the Dermalogica daily microfoliant in the morning, and it's pretty good so far. For evenings I use the Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid to help with my prone skin.

I haven't really found an exfoliant that I'd swear by yet, though. Still on the look out. I wonder if Canada has any answer to Paula's Choice?

Canada has no answer to it, but Paula's Choice does ship to us, even free if you spend more than $50, IIRC. I was looking at their site, and I tried finding some of the stuff in various stores I could think of, but either they didn't have it or it was significantly more expensive in comparison to their MSRP. Thanks for the two you mentioned, as well, those seem easily found enough.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah same here, I used to be really embarrassed of my flaky scalp but using a ketoconazole shampoo cleared everything up with a few uses. Now I use it 1-2 times a week.
Just bought a highly rated shampoo with ketoconazole on Amazon, hoping it will work!

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Lately I've been using Tatcha skincare, the rice enzyme powder is amazing and I love how gentle the camellia oil is.
Right now, they are giving lucky bags worth $100 if you purchase over $100 on the official Tatcha site.
As I've gotten older, my skin isn't as soft or bright as it used to be. I've noticed a lot of dullness over the past couple years, the enzyme rice powder has really helped my dullness.
I used to use the Shiseido bio-performance super revitalizing cream but I no longer see much of an improvement like I once did.
Currently testing between Tatcha's water cream and Shiseido's glow revival cream.
I have tried so many moisturizers and most just sit on the face, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the light texture of Tatcha's water cream.

I've heard good things about Shiseido's bio cream, I'm going to be sad if it doesn't work that well.

I also keep hearing about Tatcha! However, I already have cleaners and lotions. Not totally sold on it yet, though I'm sure cam oil smells divine (my shampoo has it).

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard good things about Shiseido's bio cream, I'm going to be sad if it doesn't work that well.

I also keep hearing about Tatcha! However, I already have cleaners and lotions. Not totally sold on it yet, though I'm sure cam oil smells divine (my shampoo has it).

The bio creams are great, especially when I first started using them years ago. I've tried the glow revival recently and it's amazing and working much better for my skin then the super revitalizing cream. The revitalizing cream just doesn't seem to do much for my skin the past two years :(
So right now I'm torn between the glow revival cream and the water cream.
It took me a while to try Tatcha, and I decided to grab that Tatcha favorites set from Sephora and I really fell in love with everything.

Oct 29, 2017
I have extremely sensitive skin. It scars and bruises very easily, and I have a lot of stretch marks despite never having lifted or gained/lost all that much weight.

Is there such a thing as making skin "stronger"?

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
The bio creams are great, especially when I first started using them years ago. I've tried the glow revival recently and it's amazing and working much better for my skin then the super revitalizing cream. The revitalizing cream just doesn't seem to do much for my skin the past two years :(
So right now I'm torn between the glow revival cream and the water cream.
It took me a while to try Tatcha, and I decided to grab that Tatcha favorites set from Sephora and I really fell in love with everything.

What's the glow revival cream?

I read about Tatcha and TBH the marketing behind it turns me off. I know that shouldn't affect the quality of the product, and I'm tempted just to try it out during the sale (especially since their return policy seems generous!)

*edit: Oh, you meant Shiseido Glow Revival, not Tatcha. Decisions, decisions. I'm actually eyeing the Tatcha serum only because it looks nice and I need a new serum. :o

But I really want Shiseido Bio-Performance Lift Dynamic Cream.

Maybe I'll get that and Tatcha's concentrate haha.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017

I'm not sure what is making the biggest difference as I started using the products at same time, but this Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule doesn't cause any kind of irritation and either that, a combination, or the Tony Moly 1000 masks are making a difference in my skin feeling and look.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
What's the glow revival cream?

I read about Tatcha and TBH the marketing behind it turns me off. I know that shouldn't affect the quality of the product, and I'm tempted just to try it out during the sale (especially since their return policy seems generous!)

*edit: Oh, you meant Shiseido Glow Revival, not Tatcha. Decisions, decisions. I'm actually eyeing the Tatcha serum only because it looks nice and I need a new serum. :o

But I really want Shiseido Bio-Performance Lift Dynamic Cream.

Maybe I'll get that and Tatcha's concentrate haha.

Lol, yes I meant the shiseido glow revival cream, I haven't tried the lift dynamic cream, I imagine it would be great. You can't go wrong with Shiseido's skincare!
Is it the Tatcha Essence the one you're looking into, regarding a serum? I am not using a serum at the moment, I've tried samples I've gotten in gift bags and stuff but none that have wowed me yet.

One of the next things I'm looking into now are eye creams. I have tried one that really hydrated my under eyes the best and I believe it was the Boscia enlivening eye cream. I really loved how nice that felt.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Lol, yes I meant the shiseido glow revival cream, I haven't tried the lift dynamic cream, I imagine it would be great. You can't go wrong with Shiseido's skincare!
Is it the Tatcha Essence the one you're looking into, regarding a serum? I am not using a serum at the moment, I've tried samples I've gotten in gift bags and stuff but none that have wowed me yet.

One of the next things I'm looking into now are eye creams. I have tried one that really hydrated my under eyes the best and I believe it was the Boscia enlivening eye cream. I really loved how nice that felt.

Dewy Skin Night Concentrate Travel Size from Tatcha is the one I'm looking at. It would go on like a serum I guess. Have you tried this yet? If so, thoughts?

Re: eye creams- I've never found one I liked. I just use regular facial serum and lotion there, haha.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Dewy Skin Night Concentrate Travel Size from Tatcha is the one I'm looking at. It would go on like a serum I guess. Have you tried this yet? If so, thoughts?

Re: eye creams- I've never found one I liked. I just use regular facial serum and lotion there, haha.

I haven't tried that serum yet, I actually just ordered my face cleanser and enzyme powder a couple days ago and requested a sample of that serum. It sounds lovely. Anything that says luminous and dewy and I'm all over it.

marcus

Oct 27, 2017
whats a good alternative to the biore uv aqua rich? gonna have to wait a few weeks for that to ship so i need to use something else in the meantime

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
ladyluthien - I went ahead and got 4 samples from Tatcha. I figure I can return them if I really hate them, but otherwise hopefully I get an item that I love in the luck18 promo code thing :).

*edit: Costco has the Shiseido Eye Concentrate if you're looking!

Last edited:

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
ladyluthien - I went ahead and got 4 samples from Tatcha. I figure I can return them if I really hate them, but otherwise hopefully I get an item that I love in the luck18 promo code thing :).

Awesome! I really hope you enjoy them and if not then it's great you can just return them!
I'm excited for the lucky bag too, I saw last year's and they put a few nice items in there.
Let me know which ones you loved and which ones you didn't love!

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
I know eye creams are a scam etc, but have any of you found remedies for dark circles?

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing research on body scrubs - any recommendations - looking for something that exfoliates for sensitive skin. Top end and asian brand preferred.

I've tried brown sugar and that seemed decent - but looking for something really good.