MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
LEGO-Ideas-Gravity-Falls-The-Mystery-Shack-01.jpg

Looking at this one, it really does look like the A-Frame house might be a very good parts delivery service for creating this MOC, at least the majority of parts. Sure, you'd have to print stickers for yourself, but let's be honest, a Lego set would also rely on stickers only, for this set.

Question then would be if it's _really_ worth forking out for the house, or if you're cheaper off just getting the pieces on their own.

even fairly large deviations can be a lot cheaper to buy and reuse a set. Also the time/convenience factor. My Cafe Corner was a nightmare both from a cost and time perspective to get together through bricklink. That many parts just inevitably means lots of orders and tracking.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Daydream with me.

TACjabbabandfigs.jpg

The entire Max Rebo band in a MBS Jabba's Palace that has 25+ minifigures.

BobaFettsPalace_v003_1.jpg

latest

The exterior of the playset looking screen accurate to the film, the interior showing some key locations.

lswsv_online_trailer_uhd_r709f_stills_220615.087859.jpg

I feel like we're at least going to get Sy Snootles at some point soon. They've put a lot of thought into how her figure would look between the Skywalker Saga game and the Summer Vacation special.

I wonder how much something like this would cost, factoring in Jabba and the Rancor among the 25 minifigures.

That MOC is less than 1800 pieces, and I'd figure if Lego were going to do the Palace, they'd want at least a $500 price tag.

Last edited:

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Daydream with me.

TACjabbabandfigs.jpg

The entire Max Rebo band in a MBS Jabba's Palace that has 25+ minifigures.

BobaFettsPalace_v003_1.jpg

latest

The exterior of the playset looking screen accurate to the film, the interior showing some key locations.

lswsv_online_trailer_uhd_r709f_stills_220615.087859.jpg

I feel like we're at least going to get Sy Snootles at some point soon. They've put a lot of thought into how her figure would look between the Skywalker Saga game and the Summer Vacation special.

I wonder how much something like this would cost, factoring in Jabba and the Rancor among the 25 minifigures.

That MOC is less than 1800 pieces, and I'd figure if Lego were going to do the Palace, they'd want at least a $500 price tag.

There is a Jaba's throne room diorama coming in May that unfortunately probably precludes a UCS Jabba's palace for the next few years. We also already got that Book of Bobba Fett Jabba's Palace last year.

brickset.com

LEGO 75326 Boba Fett's Throne Room

Comprehensive information about LEGO set 75326 Boba Fett's Throne Room, a Star Wars set released in 2022.

Your best hope would be if they decide to do a large scale Jabba's Sail Barge. There is a lot of speculation about that.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
There is a Jaba's throne room diorama coming in May that unfortunately probably precludes a UCS Jabba's palace for the next few years. We also already got that Book of Bobba Fett Jabba's Palace last year.

brickset.com

LEGO 75326 Boba Fett's Throne Room

Comprehensive information about LEGO set 75326 Boba Fett's Throne Room, a Star Wars set released in 2022.

Your best hope would be if they decide to do a large scale Jabba's Sail Barge. There is a lot of speculation about that.
I'm optimistic about the sail barge and would definitely not miss it this go around. I have the 2012 Palace and Rancor Pit, but wasn't able to get my hands on the Sail Barge that released alongside those.

Sometimes I consider throwing down $100 for that Leia figure from the last Sail Barge, but maybe they'd include her again in a UCS Sail Barge? I mean she is one of the most important characters for that sequence.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
I'm optimistic about the sail barge and would definitely not miss it this go around. I have the 2012 Palace and Rancor Pit, but wasn't able to get my hands on the Sail Barge that released alongside those.

Sometimes I consider throwing down $100 for that Leia figure from the last Sail Barge, but maybe they'd include her again in a UCS Sail Barge? I mean she is one of the most important characters for that sequence.

I would be absolutely shocked if they ever do another Slave Leia.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I would be absolutely shocked if they ever do another Slave Leia.
Even if she was featured in the game?

Fullscreen-capture-4262022-121806-AM.bmp.jpg

I think this print would be agreeable for Disney, as the cloth is basically a full skirt. I'm curious if it's more that the outfit is synonymous with the name 'Slave' Leia, but that seems as easy to fix as Boba's Starship.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Oh man. I got the Monkie Kid Ultra Mech after hemming and hawing the regular Mech set, and I'm excited to build it. I did the first part which was a ship yesterday. It's got such a cool design for a ship, and I love the color scheme on the bricks. Just hoping the finished version is about the size of Optimus so I can put them next to each other.

I might look into getting some of the other sets in that line.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Buying a few sets for my girlfriend and me to get the Bionicle GWP. However, it's not adding to my cart at the moment. I don't want to confirm the order until I see it there. Anyone else having this issue?

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Buying a few sets for my girlfriend and me to get the Bionicle GWP. However, it's not adding to my cart at the moment. I don't want to confirm the order until I see it there. Anyone else having this issue?

Same problem for me. The Bionicle promo notices are all over the website, but the set itself isn't showing up in my cart in the way that it should for a GWP.

I don't expect the set to sell out immediately, so I'll just wait for the issue to get resolved.

I really wish Monkie Kid had not gone web-exclusive. I would have happily just gone to my local Lego store today to make my purchase in person.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Finally cleared out my backlog. After getting back into Lego last year, here's my ratings of the sets I've done so far:

Mighty Bowser

Build Experience — A: the only reason it's not an A+ is due to unavoidable repetition. (two symmetrical arms, two symmetrical legs) Easily the best building techniques of the sets I've done so far though. Engaging build throughout. Rock solid. No stickers.

Display Value — A+: it looks perfect!

Play Value — A+: it's the only set I'm grabbing off the shelf and bothering my wife/dogs with. (after removing the fireball, of course) It really is like a big puppet. Functions perfectly. I don't have any other Lego Mario stuff to test, but really cool that it has functionality with that system.

Value for Money — B: the big caveat of this set. It's expensive for sure. Prohibitively so. If they axed the base and got the cost down to $200 I could see it being way more popular. Money being no object though it's my favorite set as of now.

Galaxy Explorer

Build Experience — B+: a couple finicky bits, but it's a fun set to see take shape. Deceptively quick build. Some interesting techniques. No stickers.

Display Value — B: it's huge! And looks great! The big problem is how the heck to display it. I'm still figuring it out, actually. Think I'll build a stand for it. It's ideal if you can keep it on a desk or table. But for a shelf? Can't just drop the landing gear. It needs… something.

Play Value — A: it's a big ass spaceship. I would've gone crazy for this as a kid.

Value for Money — A+: Amazing value at $100 and that's what I'm basing this score off of. For the $40 I paid for it? It's peerless.

Medieval Blacksmith

Build Experience — B+: some finicky bits. (that tree…) Some monotonous bits. (some of the base and that tree…) But mostly great! Really enjoyed many of the techniques used like how the roof came together. Modularity works perfectly. Changed my mind on building structures if I'm being honest. Wasn't super interested in them, but this has more variety than I expected. Oh yeah and no stickers.

Display Value — A: looks fantastic from every angle. It's so good! Perfect size for a shelf. The only quibble I have is that it would've been nice to have definitive places for the minifigs and especially the horse cart. Would've been nice if there was a place on the base where it looked good "parked." But oh well, it's awesome!

Play Value — A: again, modularity is perfect. Comes with some neat minifigs and A DOG! I wasn't super into medieval theme as a kid, but I would've thought this was darn cool!

Value for Money — A: I think this went up to $180 but can still be found regularly for $150. Basing it on the latter, it's a stupidly good value.

Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine

Build Experience — B: lots of Technic. If you're a fan, you'd score this higher. But it is necessary for the most interesting part of the build: the BttF 2 transformation. Otherwise, it's very much a car with things attached onto it. There's a couple of bits of trim in the rear that can be swiveled at will. Found it weird they couldn't come up with a way to anchor them better.

Display Value — B+: it's a vehicle, but it's an amazing looking vehicle. It's also one you can choose to display in three different configurations. Super cool. Biggest problem is the lack of stand. Building/buying one like the MOC I previously posted brings the set to a way higher level. They really should've included one. I'm not a minifig guy, but I love these two.

Play Value — B+: again, it's a car! If you wanna play with a car I struggle to think of a cooler one. Again, three different configurations is great. No steering, but I don't see how they would be able to pull it off with the transformation.

Value for Money — B: at $170 it's fine. Price increase to $200 is pushing it. When you have a set like the Discovery shuttle going for the same price it becomes a much tougher sell. At that price it becomes exclusively a set for BttF fans. (which I am one — this is the set that finally broke me and got me back into Lego)

Horizon Tallneck

Build Experience — C: I didn't have a great time putting together the base. Tons of little parts going into specific places. The Tallneck itself is… fine to build. Nothing terribly interesting. Everything is a sticker, zero prints.

Display Value — B+: looks great on display! It commands attention. Maybe just a touch busy. But yes, this is why you buy this set.

Play Value — C: Tallneck doesn't do so hot when it's not on its base. Lacks articulation. But hey, the Aloy minifig is cool! And the Watcher complete with the different colored lenses is a great addition.

Value for Money — A: it's sub-$100 for something that looks amazing on display. It's tough to fault the pricing here unless you place a higher value on play experience. But if you're just looking for a cool Lego… thing to build and put on display it's amazing for even non-fans of the IP. (I mildly enjoyed ZD, have no intention of playing FW)

Optimus Prime

Build Experience — C-: almost dropped this to a D, but since nothing was too annoying and nothing has actually fallen off that would be too harsh. But with that said, there's nothing too interesting here which is odd considering the gimmick. And it's that gimmick that I believe is the downfall of this set. Where Bowser feels rock solid, this feels like it could topple over or fall apart at any moment. Things are very loose — especially the torso. Makes the whole kit lean wherever it wants. They really should've figured out ways to click/lock things into place. There was also one part where I used the wrong color block making it so I needed to do a fair bit of disassembly to correct. Normally Lego does a good job of keeping similar parts in different bags, shouting out what's needed in the instructions, or using different colors for interior builds. This was confusion between dark gray and black if memory serves. Not a piece that is visible with the final build or anything. And then there's a straight up misprint with the leg detail sticker placement in the instructions. (easy fix, you just rotate the piece 180 but still) The level of care/design put into this set is definitely lower than the rest of this list.

Display Value — C-: it's big. And it looks ok from afar. It's when you get close that it looks clumsy. And it's not very posable. Lack of articulation in the legs is a big problem. It's difficult to make it look natural. Actually it's kind of impossible to make it look natural. This one should live on your highest, least visible shelf.

Play Value — C+: it transforms. You'll probably only do it once because again, it's clumsy, but it transforms. And that's cool! And the accessories are good! Again, poor articulation will hinder how much fun you can have with this.

Value for Money — D+: hey, at least it's not $200. But I do admit that I regret this purchase. Nostalgia was strong with this one, but this isn't anywhere close to the Transformers I remember. It's disappointing. And it makes me rethink wanting Voltron if I can find one at a reasonable price. Honestly, this is one that I may look into a MOC build for. Or if there are mods that correct some of the issues. But yeah, as a straight build I don't think I can recommend it to anyone.

And with my Lego backlog clear I can start focusing on Gunpla. My bro got me my first kit for Xmas and I've been looking forward to building more and getting into customizing. Yay for more plastic crack!

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
And with my Lego backlog clear I can start focusing on Gunpla. My bro got me my first kit for Xmas and I've been looking forward to building more and getting into customizing. Yay for more plastic crack!

I keep telling myself this but I still got like 8 kits sitting right behind me waiting for me to start them...

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Optimus Prime

Build Experience — C-: almost dropped this to a D, but since nothing was too annoying and nothing has actually fallen off that would be too harsh. But with that said, there's nothing too interesting here which is odd considering the gimmick. And it's that gimmick that I believe is the downfall of this set. Where Bowser feels rock solid, this feels like it could topple over or fall apart at any moment. Things are very loose — especially the torso. Makes the whole kit lean wherever it wants. They really should've figured out ways to click/lock things into place. There was also one part where I used the wrong color block making it so I needed to do a fair bit of disassembly to correct. Normally Lego does a good job of keeping similar parts in different bags, shouting out what's needed in the instructions, or using different colors for interior builds. This was confusion between dark gray and black if memory serves. Not a piece that is visible with the final build or anything. And then there's a straight up misprint with the leg detail sticker placement in the instructions. (easy fix, you just rotate the piece 180 but still) The level of care/design put into this set is definitely lower than the rest of this list.

Display Value — C-: it's big. And it looks ok from afar. It's when you get close that it looks clumsy. And it's not very posable. Lack of articulation in the legs is a big problem. It's difficult to make it look natural. Actually it's kind of impossible to make it look natural. This one should live on your highest, least visible shelf.

Play Value — C+: it transforms. You'll probably only do it once because again, it's clumsy, but it transforms. And that's cool! And the accessories are good! Again, poor articulation will hinder how much fun you can have with this.

Value for Money — D+: hey, at least it's not $200. But I do admit that I regret this purchase. Nostalgia was strong with this one, but this isn't anywhere close to the Transformers I remember. It's disappointing. And it makes me rethink wanting Voltron if I can find one at a reasonable price. Honestly, this is one that I may look into a MOC build for. Or if there are mods that correct some of the issues. But yeah, as a straight build I don't think I can recommend it to anyone.

Might I recommend ....

rebrickable.com

LEGO MOC 10302 MOD By IIB by Cosquilla | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

Unofficial MOD of set #10302 featuring enhanced articulation, solved fragility issues, changed looks to G1 cartoon style and various other improvements whilst keeping its general shape and functional conversion.<br...

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Finally cleared out my backlog. After getting back into Lego last year, here's my ratings of the sets I've done so far:

Mighty Bowser

Build Experience — A: the only reason it's not an A+ is due to unavoidable repetition. (two symmetrical arms, two symmetrical legs) Easily the best building techniques of the sets I've done so far though. Engaging build throughout. Rock solid. No stickers.

Display Value — A+: it looks perfect!

Play Value — A+: it's the only set I'm grabbing off the shelf and bothering my wife/dogs with. (after removing the fireball, of course) It really is like a big puppet. Functions perfectly. I don't have any other Lego Mario stuff to test, but really cool that it has functionality with that system.

Value for Money — B: the big caveat of this set. It's expensive for sure. Prohibitively so. If they axed the base and got the cost down to $200 I could see it being way more popular. Money being no object though it's my favorite set as of now.

Galaxy Explorer

Build Experience — B+: a couple finicky bits, but it's a fun set to see take shape. Deceptively quick build. Some interesting techniques. No stickers.

Display Value — B: it's huge! And looks great! The big problem is how the heck to display it. I'm still figuring it out, actually. Think I'll build a stand for it. It's ideal if you can keep it on a desk or table. But for a shelf? Can't just drop the landing gear. It needs… something.

Play Value — A: it's a big ass spaceship. I would've gone crazy for this as a kid.

Value for Money — A+: Amazing value at $100 and that's what I'm basing this score off of. For the $40 I paid for it? It's peerless.

Medieval Blacksmith

Build Experience — B+: some finicky bits. (that tree…) Some monotonous bits. (some of the base and that tree…) But mostly great! Really enjoyed many of the techniques used like how the roof came together. Modularity works perfectly. Changed my mind on building structures if I'm being honest. Wasn't super interested in them, but this has more variety than I expected. Oh yeah and no stickers.

Display Value — A: looks fantastic from every angle. It's so good! Perfect size for a shelf. The only quibble I have is that it would've been nice to have definitive places for the minifigs and especially the horse cart. Would've been nice if there was a place on the base where it looked good "parked." But oh well, it's awesome!

Play Value — A: again, modularity is perfect. Comes with some neat minifigs and A DOG! I wasn't super into medieval theme as a kid, but I would've thought this was darn cool!

Value for Money — A: I think this went up to $180 but can still be found regularly for $150. Basing it on the latter, it's a stupidly good value.

Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine

Build Experience — B: lots of Technic. If you're a fan, you'd score this higher. But it is necessary for the most interesting part of the build: the BttF 2 transformation. Otherwise, it's very much a car with things attached onto it. There's a couple of bits of trim in the rear that can be swiveled at will. Found it weird they couldn't come up with a way to anchor them better.

Display Value — B+: it's a vehicle, but it's an amazing looking vehicle. It's also one you can choose to display in three different configurations. Super cool. Biggest problem is the lack of stand. Building/buying one like the MOC I previously posted brings the set to a way higher level. They really should've included one. I'm not a minifig guy, but I love these two.

Play Value — B+: again, it's a car! If you wanna play with a car I struggle to think of a cooler one. Again, three different configurations is great. No steering, but I don't see how they would be able to pull it off with the transformation.

Value for Money — B: at $170 it's fine. Price increase to $200 is pushing it. When you have a set like the Discovery shuttle going for the same price it becomes a much tougher sell. At that price it becomes exclusively a set for BttF fans. (which I am one — this is the set that finally broke me and got me back into Lego)

Horizon Tallneck

Build Experience — C: I didn't have a great time putting together the base. Tons of little parts going into specific places. The Tallneck itself is… fine to build. Nothing terribly interesting. Everything is a sticker, zero prints.

Display Value — B+: looks great on display! It commands attention. Maybe just a touch busy. But yes, this is why you buy this set.

Play Value — C: Tallneck doesn't do so hot when it's not on its base. Lacks articulation. But hey, the Aloy minifig is cool! And the Watcher complete with the different colored lenses is a great addition.

Value for Money — A: it's sub-$100 for something that looks amazing on display. It's tough to fault the pricing here unless you place a higher value on play experience. But if you're just looking for a cool Lego… thing to build and put on display it's amazing for even non-fans of the IP. (I mildly enjoyed ZD, have no intention of playing FW)

Optimus Prime

Loving these reviews! I mostly agree with all the ones I've built myself.
I'd score the DeLorean build experience slightly lower due to the repetitive nature of a symmetrical car build.

Spent some time today to wash €440ish worth of used Lego I got from Bricklink.
Unfortunately the final order was missing three pieces so I'll need to wait until I get them to build the MOC I need them for.
Currently finishing up my Zelda A Link to the Past MOC. Only missing the foliage around the edges. Will post a pic once it's finished.
Building MOCs is super fun and satisfying but considering the price I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be more sensible to just buy official sets.
Obviously official sets can't really be compared to buulds that don't even exist officially but I don't even think twice about spending so much on used Lego while not willing to spend half as much on a big new set...

/edit:
Here's the finished Zelda A Link to the Past MOC:
9IJxtoc.jpeg

ETp5J1s.jpeg

Last edited:

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I got 3 vip rewards cods from buying on lego.com

can I give those out or are the codes stuck to my account?

Deleted member 59

Im nearing the end of my Seinfeld watch (love this show, watching it for the first time) and thinking about buying the Lego set seeing as its nearing OOP status.

Anyone got any thoughts on the set?

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
I really enjoyed the Seinfeld set. It's cute, with lots of references to various episodes. I've got it displayed on my desk, to the side of my monitor.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
Im nearing the end of my Seinfeld watch (love this show, watching it for the first time) and thinking about buying the Lego set seeing as its nearing OOP status.

Anyone got any thoughts on the set?
If you want it, get it as soon as you can. It just retired in 2022 and probably/most likely will not be back in stock.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Started building the Final Fantasy Cactuar MOC.
So far this is without a doubt the most annoying build I've done so far.
Not only is it an absolute nightmare to reverse engineer everything from the digital Designer model, it's also a structural catastrophe. Some parts are just flimsily attached to the model and once you've built all four sides of an element, there's no way to reach inside to retighten any connections. Then you have to decorate the outside layer with tiles but you can't really press them on because you'll break something underneath...
I also realized mid build that I'm still missing parts... So back to Bricklink and waiting until those arrive...
It does look pretty cool so far, though...

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Wow! That looks amazing.
Thanks! Really like how it turned out. In the end I wished I had even more leaves but they were expensive enough so that's how it'll stay...

Random thought:
Would anyone be interested in semi-regular MOC challenges / competitions?
Like deciding on a general theme and then giving people a week or two to come up with a MOC (digital or physical) and then have a vote on them?
Could be fun to challenge our own creativity a little bit.

Last edited:

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
New Ninjago City set coming in June. Gonna be $369.99 and have 6163 pieces! Last year was expensive, but these rumored sets for this year are gonna bankrupt me.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Caved and bought the razor crest

I got it for 510 with tax so I can kinda justify it over 600+tax

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Curious what the new Ninjago City might look like. If it's all colorful & pretty like last one, my wife might want it.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Only BrickHeadz set I have got is Jack Skellington & Sally from 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'.

Looks like they're going to be joined by this delightful new set below … 😊

40619_alt1.jpg

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
New Ninjago City set coming in June. Gonna be $369.99 and have 6163 pieces! Last year was expensive, but these rumored sets for this year are gonna bankrupt me.

Exciting news! The first three NC sets are all amazing.

I will be very interested to hear the layout once that leaks. I have limitations on displaying super tall sets like Ninjago City Gardens or the original Ninjago City, but I would jump at this set if it ends up being something more like Ninjago City Docks.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, really interested in seeing how that will turn out.
Maybe the Gardens drop a little in price once the new one releases...

Mathi

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess this is now my most anticipated set of the year, I just hope it's not a corner building.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Another series I'm happy I never got into and can no longer get the first sets that I would want since it keeps me from spending a ton of those amazing looking city sets that I have no space for.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
The new Star Lord helmet might be the best helmet from Lego so far… except that open top feels like a fatal flaw. It's kind of crazy that this is the end result they decided on. Most of the mocs I've seen have brick-built hair to close off the top. Outside of that, it looks amazing.

jaysbrickblog.com

LEGO's new 76251 Star-Lord’s Helmet also serves as a pencil pot - Jay's Brick Blog

LEGO has announced 76251 Star-Lord’s Helmet, a brand new addition to the LEGO Marvel Helmet collection, featuring Peter Quill’s distinctive expanding helmet. This 602-piece set has a release date of 1 April 2023, and will retail for US$79.99 / AU$129.99. It’s also available for pre-order from...

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Huh. So that little set "World of Wonders" with the 4 mini-builds is a 2700 point VIP reward (as opposed to a GWP).

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
The new Star Lord helmet might be the best helmet from Lego so far… except that open top feels like a fatal flaw. It's kind of crazy that this is the end result they decided on. Most of the mocs I've seen have brick-built hair to close off the top. Outside of that, it looks amazing.

jaysbrickblog.com

LEGO's new 76251 Star-Lord’s Helmet also serves as a pencil pot - Jay's Brick Blog

LEGO has announced 76251 Star-Lord’s Helmet, a brand new addition to the LEGO Marvel Helmet collection, featuring Peter Quill’s distinctive expanding helmet. This 602-piece set has a release date of 1 April 2023, and will retail for US$79.99 / AU$129.99. It’s also available for pre-order from...
Is the mouth piece of the mask a single piece with a print or sticker? Doesn't look familiar.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Only BrickHeadz set I have got is Jack Skellington & Sally from 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'.

Looks like they're going to be joined by this delightful new set below … 😊

40619_alt1.jpg

I only have Mando+Grogu and Ashoka. Tempted by the Tuskan Raider to go with them, and this looks super cute - can sit next to his big brother

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
So I'm regurgitating some IG rumors, but it appears the boxes from the last round of the BrickLink invitation series are floating around. So if you ordered the observatory, construction site, etc. - maybe that's a sign they're not too far off.

And in addition to the large DCS Rivendell set to be revealed next month, there's now rumor of a 4k piece Barad-Dur late this year.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm regurgitating some IG rumors, but it appears the boxes from the last round of the BrickLink invitation series are floating around. So if you ordered the observatory, construction site, etc. - maybe that's a sign they're not too far off.

And in addition to the large DCS Rivendell set to be revealed next month, there's now rumor of a 4k piece Barad-Dur late this year.

and there was me thinking I'd done well not spending so much on lego this year..

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Is the mouth piece of the mask a single piece with a print or sticker? Doesn't look familiar.

Good eyes. My first though was that it was Speed Champions windshield recolored with a non-transparent material, but upon taking a closer look it seems to be a new piece. And it definitely looks printed. Given the size it looks to be a windshield/cockpit piece, or something that would primarily be used on 4+ sets.

Edit One further thought, it would be super interesting if that new piece ends up being the cockpit canopy for the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 spaceship set.

Last edited:

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
And 10 minutes later the first image of Rivendell has leaked. It looks good.

The leaked picture looks absolutely incredible. Apparently it was part of a batch of leaked prototype pictures, so I'm taking it with a grain of even if it is legitimate. But if the final set looks like that, it might become my new all-time favorite set. The only downside is that it looks to be about the width of 3 modulars side-by-side, or roughly 3 feet. I absolutely do not have room to display a single set of that size, lol.

The Disney sets that were part of the same batch of leaked pictures look really good too.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
oh yeah. I didn't even realize a bunch of other stuff leaked at the same time. Now I'm seeing Zelda stuff and X-Men.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Those are way less legit leaks though.

Those leaks come from a single person on the eurobricks forum. That's a totally different level of legitimacy versus the leaked prototype photos.

ah gotcha. Those Zelda and X-Men images sort of remind of the Technic leak for the pneumatic tow-truck that came out a few years back though. In that case, the tow-truck's colors were slightly different and I don't think all of the stickers were on the prototype - but it was fairly close to the final model.

Last edited: