• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Ah, thanks. I'll add you too, but I'm currently pretty crap at the game.
paypal is pretty good and safe,

although I had to use a my card because for some reason the smallest bundle I got was about 30 coins short for the starter bundle, the card one was about 30 more than the cost. check the options available to you and how much it gives you

I added you, I'm stil extremely early and just trying a bit of new things with the basic cards I have from the starter decks

Given that right now the game doesn't let you add notes to a friend (like in League), I guess it would be useful to keep a list with the resetera username and lor name, like:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I looked at payment options and there is the option of one-time use for credit cards so the #s aren't tied to the account. I'm really weird about paying for online games with a cc, but that seems safe. Anyway, thanks for the reply.
I pay for most online things with a credit card, but always choose not to save the number. I don't mind typing it out again.

PayPal can be a little weird sometimes (regional stuff), but it's fine for payments. More wary receiving money to it than spending from it.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I looked at payment options and there is the option of one-time use for credit cards so the #s aren't tied to the account. I'm really weird about paying for online games with a cc, but that seems safe. Anyway, thanks for the reply.
I pay for most online things with a credit card, but always choose not to save the number. I don't mind typing it out again.

PayPal can be a little weird sometimes (regional stuff), but it's fine for payments. More wary receiving money to it than spending from it.

I also feel weird putting my card info in any place other than paypal and probably amazon, so I always chose the single time use of my info

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
My vault this week sucked big time (Lv 11), barely any purple and zero champions vs last week where I had 3 champions ...

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a "best" way to start building my first competitive deck in this game? Idk where to even begin. Like, should I buy the starter bundle or just open weekly chests for wildcards? Or should I be doing expeditions?

The top meta deck changes daily. Everything's in flux. I'd save your wildcards until it settles down. In the meantime, everyone else has a severely crimped collection, too, so you're not at much of a disadvantage. Look into what's good right now, but don't try to copy decklists; you'll never have a better time to experiment. Throw together some decks based on archetypes from other card games, if you have experience in them (U/R Aggro-Control plays very similarly to Noxus/Ionia Aggro-Control, R/W weenies similar to Noxus/Demacia weenies, etc.). If you don't, just assemble a deck out of the cards you like and start playing, adding cards that you like and ditching the ones you don't. Once you've got customized decks that feature every one of the regions, you'll have a great understanding of what makes the factions tick at common and rare, and be able to clean up in Expeditions.

Remember we're still in open beta, and everyone is still learning, and still has a limited collection. There's no better time to just toss together 40 cards that looks good and hone it until it's something decent. Any domain-specific knowledge or cards bought are going to be erased by an evolving understanding of the game and balance patches. Now's the time to get the fundamentals solid so you'll be ready when the game has solidified.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
yay
naQao9I.png

I made it this week.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
The top meta deck changes daily. Everything's in flux. I'd save your wildcards until it settles down. In the meantime, everyone else has a severely crimped collection, too, so you're not at much of a disadvantage. Look into what's good right now, but don't try to copy decklists; you'll never have a better time to experiment. Throw together some decks based on archetypes from other card games, if you have experience in them (U/R Aggro-Control plays very similarly to Noxus/Ionia Aggro-Control, R/W weenies similar to Noxus/Demacia weenies, etc.). If you don't, just assemble a deck out of the cards you like and start playing, adding cards that you like and ditching the ones you don't. Once you've got customized decks that feature every one of the regions, you'll have a great understanding of what makes the factions tick at common and rare, and be able to clean up in Expeditions.

Remember we're still in open beta, and everyone is still learning, and still has a limited collection. There's no better time to just toss together 40 cards that looks good and hone it until it's something decent. Any domain-specific knowledge or cards bought are going to be erased by an evolving understanding of the game and balance patches. Now's the time to get the fundamentals solid so you'll be ready when the game has solidified.
Great post.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
The ability of Possession + Chronicler of Ruin to turn games is bonkers.

Even better than usual, this last game I synergized with the enemy who had a pumped up The Undying and got two for one :lol:

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the vault unlock time so damn weird? Is it based on when you first logged on? Mine opens at 6:20AM
In League, the daily "first win of the day" bonus is based on when you last completed it, + 22 hours. It wouldn't surprise me if you had a bunch of days - X hours rather than just the full number of days here too.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing this game last night and had a blast. Only been using the starter decks though against friends, only lost 1 match against them in like 14 total games lol.

Finished the prologue, plan on diving into deck experimenting and arena today. Really like the progression this game has, it offers much more than I would expect from a game in beta.

Oct 27, 2017
Vault rewards will soon be just shards as I get closer and closer to the full collection of trashier cards. The "dusting" ratio is not great, they should extend the duplicate protection to Epic.

Also, did they remove all 1500XP quests? Got at least 10 1000XP quests both instant and from rerolls :(

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's probably the next deck I'll gun for as well.
I think it'll depend on what I get from my expeditions this week. I'll hold off on playing constructed and depending on the champs I get, I'll either finish the Ashe/Kata frost build I'm doing, or create the complete Ez set.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
I started playing 3 days ago and I'm having a blast with this. I'm really happy I got to jump in as fast as I did, because everybody is still figuring things out and the meta isn't set in stone yet. It's a lot of fun and it actually seems pretty fair for an F2P game.

I don't know anything about LoL though, is it heavily connected lore-wise? I'd love to read up on some stuff, it looks pretty interesting.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Another lv13 vault, another 1 epic, 0 champ pull zzz

There is definitely something wrong with the vault summary screen. Both times it said I received 4 epics, and that's not true, including wild card counting.
Vault rewards will soon be just shards as I get closer and closer to the full collection of trashier cards. The "dusting" ratio is not great, they should extend the duplicate protection to Epic.

Also, did they remove all 1500XP quests? Got at least 10 1000XP quests both instant and from rerolls :(
Yeah, I've said from the beginning the shard ratio is actually horrendous. Combined with the region rewards getting linearly harder, the rewards might very well be front--loaded. Epics are duplicate protected iirc. I just got two 1500 quests yesterday and today.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lv 12 vault - 5 epics, 0 champs
Pretty sure my lv. 11 last week was better, lol

Oh well, a lot of shards at least.

Also only just saw the post about patches every week, that's nice to see.

Oct 27, 2017
Another lv13 vault, another 1 epic, 0 champ pull zzz

There is definitely something wrong with the vault summary screen. Both times it said I received 4 epics, and that's not true, including wild card counting.

Yeah, I've said from the beginning the shard ratio is actually horrendous. Combined with the region rewards getting linearly harder, the rewards might very well be front--loaded. Epics are duplicate protected iirc. I just got two 1500 quests yesterday and today.

Hey I also got a fat 6@Epic in summary, but barely remember seeing any purple icons.

They took er Epics!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
imagine the salt from vaults if you had to pay for them

oh wait, that's every other card game
yeah it's pretty nuts. I imported some of the current "tier 1" and "tier 2" decks from swim's website and I already had enough cards for three decks to be fully ready on import and I would need to spend about 3000 shards to make the rest. As I said,I currently have 11k shards. Like, currently, I really don't see any reason to pay money in this unless you want cosmetics.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
After today I'll have like... 6 complete decks, which is pretty insane considering how quick it's been and how little I've spent, and how I never felt like I am grinding a chore.

I started playing 3 days ago and I'm having a blast with this. I'm really happy I got to jump in as fast as I did, because everybody is still figuring things out and the meta isn't set in stone yet. It's a lot of fun and it actually seems pretty fair for an F2P game.

I don't know anything about LoL though, is it heavily connected lore-wise? I'd love to read up on some stuff, it looks pretty interesting.

I like the lore quite a bit. Easiest place to start is probably the free Marvel comics - Ashe & Lux minis are complete. Zed is currently ongoing. They are going to continue to do one from each region so you see a bit of what each in-game region is like:

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I still haven't made any constructed decks other than Dawnspiders, but I haven't had any Epic/Champion wildcards, so I'm a little stonewalled there. Spending my shard on Expeditions, so I'm getting a steady flow of champions, but they're random lol. Bad for deck building now, good for deck building later.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
My vault was looking bad, not sure I ended up getting any epics but could be wrong, then I got a Teemo from the last one so can't complain. They were level 11. I noticed I'd gotten a Puffcap Peddler and a Chump Wump(sp?) in early chests too so that works pretty good. I'll definitely two a run or two of expedition this week and maybe switch my region to Piltover and Zaun next.

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing better than some moron roping every single priority to the almost-empty crystal.

The crystal should not refresh every priority. Even half-crystal is still too much for some shitters who just want to make the game last 30 minutes.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of the other things that is nice is that the daily quests are incredibly easy to achieve, and can even be done vs. AI.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Had a level 10 vault last week and a 13 this week, I've gotten 1 epic across both of them and no champions. Not sure it's statistically possible to do much worse than that

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
So how's everyone's champ collection going? I'm at 27/72 right now. I've been fairly lucky in that a bunch of mine have come in 3s, so while I don't have too much breadth, I've been able to throw together fairly focused decks.

One of the other things that is nice is that the daily quests are incredibly easy to achieve, and can even be done vs. AI.
Ya, I do them with friends frequently. Playing jank decks with nothing at stake is always fun.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Another shit vault with no champions, but I can't really be too mad. I've already crafted like 6 decks and I still feel like I have access to craft whatever deck I want. I have at least one copy of every champion in the game and 2-3x of most of the ones that I really want. I've only spent money on champion wildcards every week, which is what $27? That's more than fine with me considering the amount of time I've already enjoyed the game. The progression system is quite generous if you put in time playing the game.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So how's everyone's champ collection going? I'm at 27/72 right now. I've been fairly lucky in that a bunch of mine have come in 3s, so while I don't have too much breadth, I've been able to throw together fairly focused decks.
26/72
Of course I'm still 0/3 on Fioras, and that's the deck I want to build, lol
I got a Wildcard from my second expedition last week, so I used that to get a Karma. Zed/Shen/Yasuo are the only ones I have complete sets of.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Feeling very good at 38/72 and also plenty of playsets for the Champs I want to play right now.