CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
be interesting to see what WB is thinking on TV shows, they had a Bene Gesserit TV show planned with DenisV involved but haven't heard much about it. Will they make more movies, more TV shows, or both?

If Momoa wasn't already doing See I totally think we would get a series showing what Duncan was up to on Arrakis before the main force lands.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
FCpOuQDXsAUQ1Zl

Perfect

Cant wait for part two

Sep 5, 2021
Hope scheduling works out so we can get this sooner than later. Also wonder how committed Denis is to the franchise? 2-3 more films?

I don't think even he is 100% commited to doing a part 3. Think more than anything Denis wants to be sure he fully tells his version of the first book.

That would be the most cost effective approach, but my understanding is that Part Two will close the book. From there, if WB does do a Part Three it probably won't be Dennis, and just be him overseeing it under someone else's hand. And for that, I doubt his contract is structured for that properly.

Here's what he said in an interview:

He said, "There is 'Dune's second book, 'The Messiah of Dune,' which could make an extraordinary film. I always saw that there could be a trilogy; after that, we'll see. It's years of work; I can't think of going further than that."

www.indiewire.com

Denis Villeneuve Wants to Make ‘Dune’ Trilogy That Includes Adaptation of ‘Dune Messiah’

Villeneuve has ambitions to turn his envisioning of the Frank Herbert novels into an epic three-parter.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Fourth showing Thursday. Might just sneak in a fifth Friday after Last Night in Soho to celebrate and make it my most seen in the cinema. 'cause fuck it.

God damn that's some good news.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

I made this on snapchat in 2 min, so forgive me if I couldn't properly honor Villeneuve-sensai

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Good, looking forward to Villeneuve making his vision whole. Delivering on the setup and promise of Part One will be essential cinema.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Glad to see this confirmed, and smart on them to get the word out, since it's only going to help convince people to watch Part 1.

Er, I hope they get rid of Zimmer though. For no other reason than his score not being to my tastes at all. I loved everything about the film apart from his music.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Great news. If Villeneuve is able to deliver on his vision of a part 2 and 3, and possibly 4, it could be a real achievement. Translation of this series into this style of film would really be something to behold.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Great news. If Villeneuve is able to deliver on his vision of a part 2 and 3, and possibly 4, it could be a real achievement. Translation of this series into this style of film would really be something to behold.

I have no idea how they are going to adapt the next few books if we get that far

It just gets crazier the deeper you get in

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
REALLY enjoyed Part One (waaay more than BR2049), so this is awesome news.
Wondering if I should go back and actually read the whole damn book now.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I'm kind of surprised by the reactions here. Part 2 has been all but confirmed by many people working on the project, including higher ups.

This is not a surprise, but a confirmation. Part 1 would have had to bomb so bad for there not to be a Part 2.

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I did my part and watched opening weekend (IMAX was full, so I "settled" for Dolby, will go see it in IMAX this upcoming weekend), so pumped that we're getting Part Two!