Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
FCpOuQDXsAUQ1Zl

Yes

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
YES.

Im assuming Denis already has the script ready to roll? I hope the wait isn't too long.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
deadline.com

‘Dune’ Sequel Greenlighted By Legendary & Warner Bros; Pic Will Get Theatrical Window In October 2023

It what comes as no surprise, a sequel for 'Dune' finally has been greenlighted for a October 2023 theatrical release with Denis Villeneuve returning.

"Denis Villeneuve has crafted a film that is both visually extraordinary and emotionally transporting, as evidenced by its global success both critically and at the box office," said Toby Emmerich, Chairman, Warner Bros. Picture Group. "We are thrilled to continue on this journey with Denis and his cast and crew, and our partners at Legendary, and can't wait to bring the next chapter of this epic tale to theaters in October 2023."[/code]

October 2023

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Wish they would let him film part 2 and 3 at the same time, just to be sure part 3 happens as well.

Plus then they could release them a year apart or so.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
It'll never stop to be annoying to call a sequel "Part Two" when the previous movie was not called "Part One".

Just use a original subtitle and stop numbering all together, god dammit.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

Again, I was not expecting the movie to end how it did. I sat up and let out an audible 'what?? Thats it??'

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
OH THANK FUCK already needed part 2 the second i left the cinema but i guess i can wait if it's gonna be anywhere close to part one in excellence

It'll never stop to be annoying to call a sequel "Part Two" when the previous movie was not called "Part One".

Just use a original subtitle and stop numbering all together, god dammit.

tbf the title drop in the movie was "dune: part one" but yeah i agree

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
OH THANK FUCK already needed part 2 the second i left the cinema but i guess i can wait if it's gonna be anywhere close to part one in excellence

tbf the title drop in the movie was "dune: part one" but yeah i agree
Yeah, this movie actually said part one at the beginning. So already I was prepared but still, that ending...

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Wish they would let him film part 2 and 3 at the same time, just to be sure part 3 happens as well.

Plus then they could release them a year apart or so.

I don't think even he is 100% commited to doing a part 3. Think more than anything Denis wants to be sure he fully tells his version of the first book.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Woo!

About to see PART ONE in IMAX, let's goooooo!

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
So excited to see where it will go. Really glad it did well enough for part two. Bring it on!