Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I'll believ it when I see it.

However, if there's gonna be an MGS collection on PC, I'll consider buying it.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, they are just talking about the next gen. All in all, they are also making mid budget games like bomberman and contra, that while do look like poop, are somewhat enjoyable and exist. Not everything need to be as big as metal gear to be good or sucessfull.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Lies.

But then do forget MGS6.

Bad enough what they did to Silent Hill, we don't need another Metal Gear Survive stinker ever again.
I disagree. I think it would be a bigger disappointment to let such a fantastic franchise go to waste. They already have a great engine, it's all about having the right people handle the project.
I'm confident they can get it together, and release a great sequel.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. I think it would be a bigger disappointment to let such a fantastic franchise go to waste. They already have a great engine, it's all about having the right people handle the project.
I'm confident they can get it together, and release a great sequel.

There is no need for another Metal Gear ever again.

Not as a reboot, not with all new characters, just no.

They already used the amazing engine and base of MGSV and delivered the worst Metal Gear game by an enormous margin with Survive.

Metal Gear died with Kojima's departure, and that's okay.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That ship has sailed years ago. All I got from that is more pachinko games.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Looks like Pachinko is getting regulated, this might be why:
www.japantimes.co.jp

Already in decline, Japan's pachinko industry now braces for gambling-addiction regulations

Like many pachinko parlors throughout Japan, Naomi Suzuki's establishment on the outskirts of the city of Fukushima was once full of energy, with the din of bouncing steel balls and garish lights flashing to indicate winnings.

Looks like Pachinko is in decline. Serves them right if true.

Pachinko was never a big money maker for Konami. Mobile games are. Arcade games are. They have a rhythm game division that has been active the last 20 years.

We'll see if they actually get into other genres again with certainty. Surprised Contra releases this month.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Yeah right.

giphy.gif
Omg im dying with cuteness

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Only reason for me to give money to konami would be a remaster collection of silent hill and mgs with fox engine.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Yeah sure Konami. You just said you were getting out of high end console games and now you pretend you care? That's like Sega doing the same shit a few years back. What is it with these companies who dont know what the hell they want to do

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
If that's the case, some quality remasters/remakes would probably be the "easiest" start to Konami winning back the trust of hardcore fans.

Then, I dunno, loan Miyazaki and co. for a new Castlevania game.

Aug 25, 2019
Time to dream big boy, girls, and non binary friends.

Give me that 1080p 60fps Frogger with Ryan Reynolds voicing him in a big budget movie!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I said it earlier in the thread, I believe them. But thinking it over, maybe Nintendo should just buy their game division and expand. God knows Budson IPs in Nintendo's hands would obly be a gokd thing.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
If they get the right people to make the right games, I would be interested.

Oct 25, 2017
They still haven't ported any of their TMNT Arcade games since the Xbox 360 arcade release back in 2007. That's an instant fail already in my book.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So what exactly was the spat between Konami and Kojima even about?

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I would love this to happen.

Konami has too many great IPs I want more of. And I don't even care if its just them letting other studios make some games.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what exactly was the spat between Konami and Kojima even about?

They wanted rid of Kojima because while he made them money, he didn't make them enough.

Waiting years and years for a single payout on an expensive project compared to the ongoing riches of cheap pachinko and gyms just got old for Konami so they decided Kojima had to go.

For some weird reason they did it in a really underhanded way and it created a lot of bad blood.

There's also reports of them mistreating employees and bad working practices that came out around the same time too.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
So the only things Konami could make I would care about anymore:

MGS 1 remake - Remake the game with at least MGS4 style gameplay.
MGS 2/3 - Port the controls from the 3DS MGS3 to MGS2 and 3.
MGO1 - Port this and make it 60FPS.
MGS4 - Just 60FPS/1080p port.
MGO2 - Port this and make it 60FPS.
MGSPW - Just port the version from the HD collection.
MGSPO/+ - 1080p/60FPS port would be enough for me.
Snatcher - Port to modern.
Policenauts - Port to modern.

Bonus:
MGS3 remake using those Patchislot assets.
Metal Gear 1/2 remake with outsourced studio that can actually pull it off.
Chapter 3?!

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Highlighting Yugioh and PES as well as promising more IP tie in games in the future doesn't do anything for me. Yah Konami continuing to do its thing I guess.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the response would be if a competent game starring The Boss during WW2 was made. Would it be a success critically or commercially without Kojima at the helm? Hopefully Konami makes the game and an open world Castlevania.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
What's the full story on Kojima's dismission then? From what I've heard, MGSV was taking too much time and too much money to develop, and they decided to cut the project short to invest in more "profitable" markets e.g. pachinkos.

Not pachinkos, their most profitable market is mobile games. They're making a ton of money from that.

Why spend millions of dollars on one AAA game when you get millions of dollars from one cheap ass mobile game.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Just give all of your games to port houses and get them on PC and current consoles, that's all i want from Konami anymore. At the barest of minimums just give Sony the go ahead to do all Konami PS2 games for PS4

McPaul

Banned
May 6, 2019
Yea, I'm not going to trust another word they say after they cancelled Silent Hills.I just hope they sell their IPs soon to someone that will actually use them.