• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I'm happy to report that all 3 Anniversary Classics Collections will get JP rom select, and the Switch version of this game will even get TATE support!!

HOLY SHIT
I would have never dreamed it when I asked.

Now fingers crossed we'll get full degree control over TATE or at least that is the correct layout to work with a Flip Grip

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is fantastic news. I'll be getting the arcade collection when I buy the Castlevania one in a bit now.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Now the big question is: Will we get Probotector versions of the games as well? If it means I must play in 50 Hz
SO BE IT!

This is fantastic news. I'll be getting the arcade collection when I buy the Castlevania one in a bit now.
If you're on PC, the arcade collection is on sale on most key selling sites.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I'm happy to report that all 3 Anniversary Classics Collections will get JP rom select, and the Switch version of this game will even get TATE support!!

Oh shit, that's amazing news. Source for the Arcade/Contra news? Only place I can find with the info is an Nintendo Life article that doesn't source where the info comes from...

Last edited:

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Arcade Archives already defaults to the flip grip orientation iirc.

I know Hamster is behind these but you're never too careful with boneheaded decisions these days, see not including the JPN roms because "reasons" , I don't think the emu wrapper/gui is even the same tho? Because if that had been the case we would have had TATE since day 1... I think?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
This collection, the Contra and the Castlevania collections just got updated to include the Japanese versions of the games and remappable controls! :D