Not open for further replies.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
there's also this one, just perfect :

47p596aizyq31.png

This makes me smile so much

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Ugh, leave that PS2 localization forgotten in the past.

Yeah, it's terrible. I haven't gone back to it since it was released, but watching clips compared to Kiwami it's like they stripped out half of the dialogue and replaced it with gratuitous swearing. Everyone behaves out of character and even Kiryu doesn't come off as at all likeable.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's terrible. I haven't gone back to it since it was released, but watching clips compared to Kiwami it's like they stripped out half of the dialogue and replaced it with gratuitous swearing. Everyone behaves out of character and even Kiryu doesn't come off as at all likeable.
They definitely tried to capitlizae on the "mature content" in a really cheesy way. It's been years since I played it though, and I didn't remember it having ableist shit like that, having Mark Hamil ham it up doesn't outweigh that causticness.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Is that Yakuza 3? I don't remember this dialogue. Is it from the new localization?

the original Yakuza 3 on PS3 got a lot of cut content for the west, and sadly this was one of the sidequest that got cut... you probably can guess why... "can't have trans talk in a videogame in 2007, it's a game for men!"... at least that's what i'm assuming, there's no other reason for them to cut this one

This quest was in the original in japan, and the collection translated everything that was missing thankfully

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
Era of not Yakuza
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I have something to say about the games now that I played a little more of Kiwami 2.

There was a substory that involved human trafficking/rape and the way it was handled made me feel uncomfortable.
Ok, Kiryu punched everyone and it makes the player feel good but it's not enough.
The kidnappers don't face justice and not for a single moment the game discussed how this is very common in the Yakuza world (prostitution in general).

I feel like I finally understand why some people don't like the "Yakuza" side of the game, even if Kiryu keeps saying he isn't Yakuza.

Status
Not open for further replies.