• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guess the Review Score

• 95+

Votes: 42 3.3%
  • 90-94

Votes: 192 15.2%
  • 85-89

Votes: 592 46.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 366 28.9%
  • < 80

Votes: 73 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He most certainly was mentioned in 2 but the intrigue is in why he was a young man in KH2 but was an old dude in BBS, which took place 10 years prior to KH1.
He took a youngsters body ( Terra ) and took it over to pre long his life once his nobody and heartless form where defeated his old man form strangely formed again. You would think terranort resurfaced instead of the old man but its KH lol.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
So unlocked. A pleasant surprise!

Seems that way. They've managed to keep the graphical fidelity and framerate without sacrificing either. They've optimized the game well compared to the 0.2 demo. The main leaker played the entire game on a base X1 and it runs surprisingly smooth.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The lack of challenge of some of the reviewer mention really scare me.... The biggest reason why i didn't enjoy KH2 was because how a cakewalk the game feel... critical mode made the game a 180 degree and made it one of my favorite....

And then they put out KH2FM...if it comes to that, im sure they will come out with a critical mode befitting of the people who want a challenge

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
He took a youngsters body ( Terra ) and took it over to pre long his life once his nobody and heartless form where defeated his old man form strangely formed again. You would think terranort resurfaced instead of the old man but its KH lol.
I know what happened to Xehanort, I played all the games. I'm just explaining to who I initially replied to one of the big intrigues of BBS while also answering his question.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Here's all you need to play: BBS. You can skip 3D because all of its plot value is contained within the last 20 minutes and you can watch that shit on YouTube. Play BBS first, then watch the ending of 3D on Youtube, and grab KH3 after that. You ARE being stubborn if you just outright refuse to play any game that isn't a numerically titled "main entry" when you've had several years to catch up at your leisure.

And this idea that Square should throw away the entire series' storyline right at the end and start a completely new story for newcomers would spit in the eye of the fanbase worse than Luna not being playable in FFXV or Snake getting kicked aside for Raiden in MGS2.
the snake/raiden thing was absolutely brilliant though

but yeah, ignoring everything that happened since 2 would really suck

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely going to cry playing this game. Impossible not to after almost 15 fucking years of waiting to see how this whole thing ends.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
If only there was some sort of method one could use to find more information about this series which could let someone know more about these titles.

A program for "searching" if you will.

Again: If only the people who searched and found more information on the series and played the spinoffs were playing this one it would never get made. It would bomb. It would bomb so ridiculously badly we couldn't fathom. Square-Enix is counting on people who didn't play them to buy this game. Fans are counting on that in order to finance their game.

And marketing matters. If you think BBS/KHDDD got the same treatment and marketing that KH3 is getting you're nuts.

It's funny people piss and moan about Square-Enix's marketing hurting games like DQXI and then defend this stuff.

You mean like Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker?

Is there a reason people keep bringing this up? Is there some massive contingent of MGS fans that love Peace Walker being actually MGS5 and thinking that was a good idea now shitting on KH3? I love the MGS series, but you won't see me defending Peace Walker being a massive part of the canon.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe we're so close. 14 fuckin' years.

I keep seeing this...

Where the fuck did this 10+ year thing come from...

BBS - 2010
DDD - 2012
2.8 - 2017

and that's ignoring all of the the X /UX stuff that has been ongoing for a few years now.

Do you guys just watch Avenger Movies and skip all the individual Marvel universe movies?

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
i like how so KH fans defend the idea that for one to understand it all, it was reasonable to get a ps2, ds, 3ds, PSP, or this notion that KH story isn't just bonkers as shit.
get over yourself, and i say this as a fan of the series.

That's was inexcusable 7 years ago, but now you have a collection of 6 games on PS3 or now on the console that everyone and their mother has, a collection with all the games, from 17 years you you could go to a wiki / forum / Youtube and check summaries, recaps, etc. That's what I did before the X.X ReMix, and everywhere the community is more than happy to help answering any and every question one may have. There are no spin offs in KH every game is important but they just don't have the big number on them, it sure was a dick move by Square and Nomura back then.

If the story is shit or anyone doesn't like it is perfectly fine, but I hate this trend that everything has to be for everyone, everything is a reboot or remaster in media.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
It honestly seems more like a logistics/supply chain issue than a deliberate thing, unless you make the argument that all french outlets are leakers and all italian outlets are safe.

Jeuxvideo.com haven't received a review code to download the game. As the number 1 video game site in Europe, I can tell you they're mad as hell.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I read the Polygon review and they really said KH2 ending is where KH3 shouldve started lmao
I'm not sure what the scoff here is for. I think that's a perfectly reasonable opinion. Every game after KH2 just muddied the waters (and I've almost played them all). I think if they could go back and redo the whole plotline, they would scrap most of the spin-offs.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I watched 2 videos summarizing the Lore and my conclusion is that the story makes no sense. Not that it should or matter, mind you, Nonsense is good too.
It is all about forgetting that they have forgotten something, losing their memories, going inside someone,travelling to the Matrix, and again inside someone and destroying hearts and bodies but everything can be recovered.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
That's even worse, BBS was on a handheld, then ported to a collection. Like do you not see the giant issue? That them making those then having to port them automatically broke up the community of people including myself. I enjoyed the main 2 games, had no interest in playing a hand held to get a better grip on the story.

Do you see how odd it is to design a game like that? Uncharted had a handheld game but was able to have anyone pick up any of the games and play it. ANd they were continuations, but in characters only mainly the mainline ones.

I guess it's not for me then and I have been Psyched about KH3 ever since they first showed it like 5 years ago. I got caught up in other games, and now want to return to the series. But I don;t have time to play a collection of games to get a better understanding of where the story is in 3.
This is like only watching the avengers movies and whining about being lost in Infinity War.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Looks like the consistent criticism across the board is that the narrative pacing and storytelling is off, which isnt surprising coming from SE, especially after Nomura just indicated in an interview that he's done basically all of the writing since KH2.

There is a reason that writers get paid for what they do and the video game industry NEEDS to get over this hubris where anyone can be a writer.