Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
be a good person and send copies to digital foundry so i can figure out what console i should play this on

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Am I the only one that also does not mind. They will most likely do a day one patch right? I for one would love to have the best playable version possible on the first day. Didn't Nomura mention that the secret ending would be added by update to avoid spoilers?

If the visuals or performance are better on day 1 because of a patch. I would rather wait for a game like FF mainline or KH3.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
This is an automatic console ban right? They can tell what games are being launched on your account.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Not if the person owning the game goes offline for a month and an half. :p
Not even sure playing a game early can make you banned, when I think about it.

That might work. I just wonder if they can differentiate between a digital key given to press/media, and a rogue retail copy.

Seems like an easy way to get your account flagged by launching KH on a retail console weeks before release.

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
I mean, you will get trophies/achievements for the game and when you go online, it is visible at what date you got them.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Man, I don't get why people would do this.

The game has been in the making for years and we've waited even longer than that. It's a month away. Why not wait?

I'm in the same boat. If you want to read spoilers, you probably care about the story or game in some fashion. Just wait and play it. You're wasting many hard years of work by consuming something not as intended. And in this case, you're also supporting illegal sharing of materials. So, bad all around.

Last edited:

notnow0182

Dec 16, 2017
Apparently the game is back on the marketplace from the guy. He's definitely sold some. This game is going to leak this week...rip.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm in the same boat. If you want to read spoilers, you probably care about the story or game in some fashion. Just wait and play it. You're wasting many hard years of work by consuming something not as intended. And in this case, you're also supporting illegal sharing of materials. So, bad all around.

This. Hell, even if I wanted to read the spoilers, I would feel weird doing it from a moral point of view. The game was literally stolen.

notnow0182

Dec 16, 2017
This. Hell, even if I wanted to read the spoilers, I would feel weird doing it from a moral point of view. The game was literally stolen.

I feel so bad for Nomura and the development team. This has been their entire life for the last six years. To have it ruined by one worthless piece of shit American is devastating. Humans suck.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel so bad for Nomura and the development team. This has been their entire life for the last six years. To have it ruined by one worthless piece of shit American is devastating. Humans suck.

I really don't get It. The guy is literally posting his location in the marketplace. How idiot can someone be?

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
That might work. I just wonder if they can differentiate between a digital key given to press/media, and a rogue retail copy.

Seems like an easy way to get your account flagged by launching KH on a retail console weeks before release.

I don't think review copies have been sent out yet, and there's a good chance those will be digital and they'll be able to tell whether the account redeemed a review key or not.

notnow0182

Dec 16, 2017
I don't think review copies have been sent out yet, and there's a good chance those will be digital and they'll be able to tell whether the account redeemed a review key or not.

They haven't been sent out yet. Review copies won't go out until after New Years. It's too much of a risk to have the game out in the wild over the holidays when reviewers won't be spending time playing the game anyways because they'll be on holiday.

...I guess it no longer matters though.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'm on the Facebook marketplace for this. He has all his info, hopefully this guy has enough money to fend off against Disney Lawyers.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit lol that's bad

He's talking about the new Dragon Ball movie, not KH3. So far, I haven't seen anymore footage other than the guy trying to sell it. He doesn't seem to care about the game. He just released videos to show proof that he has early copies.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Spoil me plz, I don't care about playing 100 hours just to find out something about darknesss

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
Dont know how someone can be this dumb to steal something on your workplace and sell it for profit while having your info clearly visible..

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
There couldn't have been a more obonoxious person on earth that stole those copies. The guy in the leak videos is a total jerk who is apparently too dumb to cover up his personal info. That combined with the alleged theft make me hope that he gets caught. It's one thing to buy a game early, it's another to get 30-40 copies 1.5 months early illegally just to sell.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018

DuhMSXOVAAEipGG.jpg:large

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling really sorry for Nomura. His first HD game, worked hard for 6 years on It. This situation sucks. I hope that Square is able to recover those copies before it's too late.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
The game's epilogue and secret movie, which are the biggest spoilers in this game, are planned to be released at later date just in case, so they will not be shown before the game's release.
???
EDIT: Ah so it could be patched.

Aja91

Dec 24, 2017
Wait can someone explain to me about the ending/secret movie ? Is it not on disc ?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Disappointing that they at least won't make it a worldwide release after this. Did they ever give a legitimate reason why it's coming out in Japan before the US?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I'm surprised physical copies have even been made just yet.

You need to consider the time it takes to print manual inserts, mass duplication of the Gold master copy (The game has been Gold for quite some time), and then sent to warehousing in preparation to be ship for retail sales. All of this can take a few weeks before the actual release date.