Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

EsyMTYbUUAIA2B0.jpg%3Alarge

First Team is revealed with a pretty surprising shake up. Benimaru, Shun'ei and Meitenkun make up the new Hero Team!

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching this I'm going "Haha, guess it's not by team after all"

"TEAM HERO"

"Oh shit."

Shatter all expectations indeed

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping that the trailer would end as it did; with the official team lineup.

This pretty much debunks the 4chan leak from last year, but some tidbits from it could still end up being true.

Otherwise, it looks like we saw an Advanced Cancel, that is a super being canceled into a level 2 super. Or perhaps that was a Max Mode activation. Cinematic super flashes might only be exclusive to the big neomax/climax supers.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yep we're back in the unknown now. Though people did suspect Benimaru was on the same team as Shun'ei when they revealed his design last year, no leaks put them on the same team as far as I know.

That's a pretty big shake up, last time he wasn't on team with Kyo I think was like in KOF 99?

He was in a team with Elisabeth and Duo Lon in XI iirc. 99 was the first time he wasn't with Kyo, they didn't get back together until XIII.

Feb 15, 2019
Maaaan, I really liked the leak too fuck. I guess there's always the hope that it turns out better than the leak.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Weird team. Well leaks dead so actually need to hope the kof 14 assets are put to good use and we get a really big roster also hope Shermie, Vanessa, King, Angel, Luong, Mature and Elisabeth make it but man with a character per week for now this is going to take a while for character reveals unless the switch to teams sooner than later

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yup, Beni's outfit was a hint to this.

I like it, nice lineup for the Hero team and there's gotta be a reason why Kyo and Beni are on different teams. Plus, speculation ahoy!

I mentioned it in the earlier thread, but the more popular leak having zero brand new characters should have been the tell. There's gonna be at least a few. I also still expect Nakoruru in the game, which both leaks lacked.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
That's a team shake-up.
I might get my wish of a team Three Sacred Treasures.
I like the Beach stage too.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
That's good. The leak was debunked so there's more to work with now.

I did think that Benimaru might be on Shun'ei's team given how he was dressed. And I guess it's not China Team either, but just Hero Team. I'm going to guess Kyo is in a Sacred Treasures Team at this point. Goro's probably going to be left out in the cold.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
sigh i was happy with the leak lineup and no bad newcomers

guess the mr big-yamazaki dream is dead

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if shatter all expectations what that means.

Theory every character whoever has been in a KOF game is in this game?

Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
I know I'm in the super minority here, but those stages so far are very plain. KOF is a series known for its kickass background , I hope it gets better.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I feel like Team Japan will be Kyo, Daimon and Shingo. No real need for Sacred Treasures with them sealing Orochi at the end of 14.
It was kinda funny how they go "all bad guys will be revived" and then you immediately have Orochi bite it, still hope that Chizuru makes it on the roster

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I'm gonna guess Kyo is next, but it could also be something safe like Leona or K'. Kyo would be interesting just so we could discover his team already lol

Mai would also be cool so we can find out who's going to be rounding out the Women Fighters Team this time

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was kinda funny how they go "all bad guys will be revived" and then you immediately have Orochi bite it, still hope that Chizuru makes it on the roster

Yeah lol but tbf Orochi is pretty much the peak villain in terms of power, you can't just have it causally hanging around so it made sense they'd get rid of it ASAP lol. I think Kyo, Chizuru and Shingo could be a good alternate version of the Japan Team but I'm still leaning on Kyo/Goro/Shingo.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Yep we're back in the unknown now. Though people did suspect Benimaru was on the same team as Shun'ei when they revealed his design last year, no leaks put them on the same team as far as I know.

He was in a team with Elisabeth and Duo Lon in XI iirc. 99 was the first time he wasn't with Kyo, they didn't get back together until XIII.

Oooooh Yeah! Totally forgot about that.