Aug 26, 2018
日本
No other roster pick would shock me as much as that outside of maybe Clone Zero (but for different reasons lol). I don't think it'll ever happen though.
I've always liked Clone Zero better than "OG" Zero. I don't know why the devs thought they needed to redo him. Though the lion is cool, having to call in a bunch of people to help you while fighting doesn't give off an air of strength.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That animation on his coat.

originalzero-cloak.gif

zero-cape2.gif

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've always liked Clone Zero better than "OG" Zero. I don't know why the devs thought they needed to redo him. Though the lion is cool, having to call in a bunch of people to help you while fighting doesn't give off an air of strength.

I recall hearing that the person who designed Clone Zero ended up not liking the design and felt like he could have done better so he made the Zero in 2001. Both aren't great designs imo, I think Krizlaid and Igniz are way better.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
stop playing games and give team pretty girls

hqdefault.jpg
I'll be very surprised if Xiangfei returns with Mui Mui still around (was another one SNK decided they wanted to promote in SNK Heroines), even if they play nothing alike. I suspect that Angel will remain the only Eolith era holdover to still appear in new mainline games, though Angel was still designed by an SNK employee and just went unused before 2001. SNK occasionally still insist on trying to make Hinako happen between that '02UM addition and crossover costume DLC back in DoA5:LR, so maybe.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be very surprised if Xiangfei returns with Mui Mui still around (was another one SNK decided they wanted to promote in SNK Heroines), even if they play nothing alike. I suspect that Angel will remain the only Eolith era holdover to still appear in new mainline games, though Angel was still designed by an SNK employee and just went unused before 2001. SNK occasionally still insist on trying to make Hinako happen between that '02UM addition and crossover costume DLC back in DoA5:LR, so maybe.
so you are telling me there is a chance

Oct 26, 2017
Najd is S+ from XIV and hope to see her

I think she'll be back alongside two new characters. I was originally thinking she'd helm a new "Team Middle East"(maybe bring in Sinclair from AOF3), but she could also helm a "Team Vigilante", with all new characters.

Either way, I think she's a lock to return.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I think she'll be back alongside two new characters. I was originally thinking she'd helm a new "Team Middle East"(maybe bring in Sinclair from AOF3), but she could also helm a "Team Vigilante", with all new characters.

Either way, I think she's a lock to return.
With how positively she has been received i am hoping they dont ditch her.Never can be too sure
Its great to have trailers for returning characters but now that we have a team already i wanna see some new folk

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
May the magical powers of black history grant us a new black character
I've been trying to invoke the powers of black history for years to get a black character in Smash. The amount of energy needed to get through to Japanese developers is vast, but perhaps I started on too tough an opponent.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to invoke the powers of black history for years to get a black character in Smash. The amount of energy needed to get through to Japanese developers is vast, but perhaps I started on too tough an opponent.
Nintendo will put animals,objects and everything inbetween before even attempting
Given up long ago

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
The good thing about a Kyo trailer is that it makes the subsequent two weeks even more interesting, since most of his potential teams involve characters that would be new to this era of KOF.

Angel is an honour debt for SNK there is no way they can her.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017

King of Fighters has plenty of black characters though (heck, the entire South American Team is black/dark-skinned), so it's not that unlikely.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty bad when I'd be happier seeing a Chang video. I like Kyo too, though the headband coming back was stupid.

I'll be surprised if we get someone that wasn't in the reveal trailer.

Honestly not a fan of them bringing the headband into his post NESTS design.

To me this animation and his new Tears theme kicking in in KOF99 is one of the most memorable moments in fighting games.

snk-kyo2.gif

It was a clear transition between the classic and new Kyo and handled with pure class.

Not sure what the point is of taking his XIII design and sticking the bandana on it for XV.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Angel is an honour debt for SNK there is no way they can her.
I would say that she's most likely safe now that she's returned to mainline KoF without K9999, yeah.
Honestly not a fan of them bringing the headband into his post NESTS design.

To me this animation and his new Tears theme kicking in in KOF99 is one of the most memorable moments in fighting games.

snk-kyo2.gif

It was a clear transition between the classic and new Kyo and handled with pure class.

Not sure what the point is of taking his XIII design and sticking the bandana on it for XV.
It was just as baffling to me when they introduced Terry's MotW look, only to revert back to the classic design and rid the roster of every other trace of that era that the first two Ash saga games introduced to the series.

It was just as baffling to me when they introduced Terry's MotW look, only to revert back to the classic design and rid the roster of every other trace of that era that the first two Ash saga games introduced to the series.
We KOF fans are weird, we love the classics but crave the new stuff, we accept shake ups but want them undone the next entry.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017

Probably because the hat was too iconic and made him recognizable.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I would say that she's most likely safe now that she's returned to mainline KoF without K9999, yeah.

I'm still super pissed theres no XI UM equivalent. They were on to something with their Tag System and i feel like they were one iteration away from perfecting the system.

I'm say we get a swerve and Iori is gonna be revealed today

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

Introducing the MotW design to KoF never made sense to me at all due to the time difference between the two series. So I'm glad it's back to the OG. Kyo's makes no sense since he's a KoF original character and the change was in the series itself.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

True but at the same time it's also good that there is an entirely different Terry design to look forward to in the eventual MOTW2.

Both of his designs are iconic and this way they both would get to live on.

He does have an additional design though which combines the bomber jacket with a hat.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
His new design is better than the overdone one in XIV, but I'm still dissapointed they didn't go the classic style like they did with Kyo. I'm sure there'll be alternate costumes at least...