• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you need gold, this week is the week to do it. Looks like there is a support buff on gold and exp missions. With my team I was able to get 151k gold per Lunatic mission.

Edit: Put the right difficulty on there. 3 missions still 450k and saves AP.

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
The collab is up on the JP server. The first banner is Lin (T7) and Jin. With Paul the roulette has him (the unit), his special card and souls in 1x, 2x and 5x variants. The rates are jacked up even though the slices look the same. If you keep at it long enough without getting Paul you can craft him from 200 of his souls and his special with 150. Ideally you'd want to spend the souls on him from getting him from roulette but I'm guessing its a 1% chance or something, if that.

Also there's pack for school uniform Xiao so you can buy her straight up, I don't know how else you get her at the moment.

Not really a big deal since you can get them free anyway but for anyone that starts during the collab they can get either Jin (T3) or 98 Iori as their first unit during the tutorial instead of the usual 3 stars.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The collab is up on the JP server. The first banner is Lin (T7) and Jin. With Paul the roulette has him (the unit), his special card and souls in 1x, 2x and 5x variants. The rates are jacked up even though the slices look the same. If you keep at it long enough without getting Paul you can craft him from 200 of his souls and his special with 150. Ideally you'd want to spend the souls on him from getting him from roulette but I'm guessing its a 1% chance or something, if that.

Also there's pack for school uniform Xiao so you can buy her straight up, I don't know how else you get her at the moment.

Not really a big deal since you can get them free anyway but for anyone that starts during the collab they can get either Jin (T3) or 98 Iori as their first unit during the tutorial instead of the usual 3 stars.
Cool, so if they grind enough, most people can walk away from this event with as least 3 Tekken characters if Armor King is supposed to be free as well.

So everyone is going to have access to O.Iori's leader skill now, unless they nerf it for some reason in global (I've seen weirder things happen in gacha games). PvP is going to get a lot more fun.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost got K' to level 90. Should have him completely leveled by the end of the week. Got my Sentai Ranger pair as well!

Curious though about the daily arena matches though - what's the point of enabling challenges, and, perhaps related to the last question how to you ascend out of Gold V rank? As I've been stuck there for a couple of weeks now.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Cool, so if they grind enough, most people can walk away from this event with as least 3 Tekken characters if Armor King is supposed to be free as well.

So everyone is going to have access to O.Iori's leader skill now, unless they nerf it for some reason in global (I've seen weirder things happen in gacha games). PvP is going to get a lot more fun.

I don't know about everyone. You'll need to dedicate a decent chunk of rubies to the roulette and I'm guessing most people would rather summon on the gacha. I think they'll give out tickets like the last one but I'm not 100%.

Apparently Jin (T7) is really good and the Japanese tier list already has him in top 5 lol

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about everyone. You'll need to dedicate a decent chunk of rubies to the roulette and I'm guessing most people would rather summon on the gacha. I think they'll give out tickets like the last one but I'm not 100%.

Apparently Jin (T7) is really good and the Japanese tier list already has him in top 5 lol
You spend rubies on the roulette? Oh, I thought it was like the roulette we had here where you get tickets everyday to spend on it.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
You spend rubies on the roulette? Oh, I thought it was like the roulette we had here where you get tickets everyday to spend on it.

Guess I forgot to mention it. It's 25 rubies a spin so it can add up. By my very rough estimate if you never get Paul to land he might run you 2-5k rubies in spins. Definitely cheaper than hitting pity on the banner at least.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah thats not nearly as bad as a banner. I wonder if next week is when the Tekken collab will start for global or if it will be after Thanksgiving. I'm close to getting Sentairanger Ralf (started a couple of days after the event began) and I was wondering if I have to get another 200 for clark? Or are the souls I have been getting for clark will count?

Oct 26, 2017
That lottery dealy for Paul doesn't sound too terrible. I might be able to get Paul, and have enough rubies left over for some Christmas pulls--at least, that's the dream. I ideally want to get Paul, and Armor King, who I guess is free. I wouldn't mind getting Xiaoyu as well, but Paul and Armor King is ideal.

Yeah thats not nearly as bad as a banner. I wonder if next week is when the Tekken collab will start for global or if it will be after Thanksgiving. I'm close to getting Sentairanger Ralf (started a couple of days after the event began) and I was wondering if I have to get another 200 for clark? Or are the souls I have been getting for clark will count?

You have to get 200 souls for each individual character. You'll be able to craft Sentai Clark through the Craft page.

That's handy. I read that apparently she has Shermie's leader skill, which is the +60% damage when your HP is 65% or higher. So, if you never got Shermie, you can get her ability through the purple Xiaoyu.

Last edited:

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
10 away from the pity pull for the Orochis. I have a red in my last 10x...

Edit: Kasumi.

Oh well, I now have Orochi Iori at least lol.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't been lucky at all with my pulls. Just did a a 10 pull right now and got absolutely nothing good.

So I'm just leveling my Billy Kane, just trying to make him as insane as I can get him.

And Yuri 97' has quite the pose. Is she trying to say put it in my butt?

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I have just terrible luck with pulls. I've done 22 ten pulls now and no zero. I am just waiting for WotV at this point. Cant stand these brutal rates. .3% for a banner unit is just absurd even for a gacha.

Oct 26, 2017
If the Armor King event is anything like the King event quest, then I should hopefully be able to grind out all the points needed to get Armor King, his special card, and all those souls.

Interesting that the Paul lottery thing was shown in that forum post.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I am at 9k and I'd pull for xiao, if I had any idea when to expect samsho. I am not worried about Gintama collab, in case it does come, cuz apparently kagura is a free char. Also, there's vanessa, Maybe May Lee.

At least summer banner is likely to come at summer. Rest seem like a shot in the dark

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I only care about the bombass option card that comes with the Gintama collab. It's reduces skill cooldown, and also boost crit.

somato

Oct 25, 2017
I have just terrible luck with pulls. I've done 22 ten pulls now and no zero. I am just waiting for WotV at this point. Cant stand these brutal rates. .3% for a banner unit is just absurd even for a gacha.

Yeah, me too. My luck is almost always awful where RNG is concerned. I'm at 21 pulls on the zero meter and guess I'll probably end up using the pity ticket. Out of all the gacha games I still play, these rates are the worst. It almost feels like I am playing Contest of Champions again... which makes me wonder if Kabam had any input since they are owned by Netmarble. Anyone know if these are the same rates as in the JP version?

Also, I think the 900 rubies it costs for a 10x pull is too high for the rate at which you acquire rubies. IMO they should either be ~600 or reduce the number needed for the pity ticket.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am at 9k and I'd pull for xiao, if I had any idea when to expect samsho. I am not worried about Gintama collab, in case it does come, cuz apparently kagura is a free char. Also, there's vanessa, Maybe May Lee.

At least summer banner is likely to come at summer. Rest seem like a shot in the dark

I'm trying to hold strong, but if Jin is already considered to be #4 in the tier list, I'm probably gonna test my luck and see if I can get him. God I'm so weak. lmao

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
H. Kula is so op in PvP, it's hilarious. xD
I get attacked? 50% chance you'll be frozen, lol.

Didn't try her yet against the CPU because limit break here takes ages.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
H. Kula is so op in PvP, it's hilarious. xD
I get attacked? 50% chance you'll be frozen, lol.

Didn't try her yet against the CPU because limit break here takes ages.
Yep, she's pure bullshit. I throw out a ranged attack and hope it stalls her long enough for the freeze to wear off.

Though I have her on my team as well so I'm just as bad.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At least with league you have a striker you can use. Just need to make sure to use a character with the color shes weak to. My zero is pretty much to the point where he will be on the team for arena and league. It'll be interesting to see how he does.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Yeah, me too. My luck is almost always awful where RNG is concerned. I'm at 21 pulls on the zero meter and guess I'll probably end up using the pity ticket. Out of all the gacha games I still play, these rates are the worst. It almost feels like I am playing Contest of Champions again... which makes me wonder if Kabam had any input since they are owned by Netmarble. Anyone know if these are the same rates as in the JP version?

Also, I think the 900 rubies it costs for a 10x pull is too high for the rate at which you acquire rubies. IMO they should either be ~600 or reduce the number needed for the pity ticket.

How do you get so many crystals for 21x pulls?

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
https://old.reddit.com/r/KOFALLSTAR/comments/dyx5uh/kof_xiv_geese_howard_fes_datamined/
opfpvd37xrz31.jpg

Jun 23, 2019
Well boys and girls, I think I'm done with the game. Orochi characters end tomorrow. I've spent hours playing this game and over $100 trying just to get characters. No Orochi, no Halloween, and I haven't even tried with Zero. It was fun while it lasted, but I don't know if I want to try another account and reroll everything again.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So looking at the Altima.jp site it looks like there will be roulette tickets available in the event quest tab like they were for the launch celebration. They can also be purchased in the secret shop every six hours for less than it costs to spin with rubies.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So what makes the sentai warriors AI go awol?
I feel like the trick is catching them in window where they are trying to launch their super move but are not yet invincible. They could fix the issue by speeding up the time for them to jump off the screen or make them invincible immediately upon wake up.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but there will be a stream tomorrow in preparation for the Tekken Collab coming our way:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Ok what is "penetration"? And is it an important stat? Trying to figure out if these equips are worth even putting on my character.
----------
I feel like blocking is useless in this game since you still take a lot of damage unless you are leveled insanely high.... In which case, you don't need to block because everything dies in less than a full combo.

Oct 26, 2017
Ok what is "penetration"? And is it an important stat? Trying to figure out if these equips are worth even putting on my character.
----------
I feel like blocking is useless in this game since you still take a lot of damage unless you are leveled insanely high.... In which case, you don't need to block because everything dies in less than a full combo.

Penetration is how much block damage you do, I'm pretty sure. Blocking is kind of rare from the AI, so I feel this stat is a little wasted.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Penetration is how much block damage you do, I'm pretty sure. Blocking is kind of rare from the AI, so I feel this stat is a little wasted.
Ahh ok. Just wanted to make sure. Eh... Useless then.

Also, I wish grabs worked against super armor enemies. A lot of grapplers in this game are useless against harder bosses due to them just pushing your shit in when trying to punish with a grab.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with a lot of tech in this game is that most of it is useless against the harder characters.

Blocking is complete useless against the Boss/Orochi gang. Blocking a Shermie homing lightning ball move took half my life bar.

Grapplers and stunners are useless too since you can't grapple or stun the harder enemies. Heck you need to power level and full resource them just to take care of normal bosses. There is no reason why a level 80 Red Vice with full cores is useless against greens in expert.

Oct 26, 2017
Through the stream, we're able to glean that the next characters up on the Step Up will be Mr. Big and Li Xiangfei. Also, it seems that KOF XIV Geese is indeed coming soon? A banner showing his FEST event was shown on stream. He may be next after Original Zero, but the stream hasn't said at this point.

EDIT: It seems that KOF XIV Geese is a red attack class fighter.