• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ocean Panda

Banned
Oct 25, 2020
Yikes @ all the mean and negative hot takes in this thread. And they're the toxic ones?

From what was known publicly, it seemed like their relationship was a net good thing for both of them. Kim supported Ye through a constant barrage of manic-depressive cycles which I'm sure eventually becomes too much for anyone to handle.

Wish them both well if true and hope it all works out for the best.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
A tap dancer and the 2nd in command of a family that fetishizes black men to no end.

I don't care.

Ye's music been meh for a good time now. "His next album is going to be fire" said by Charles from Accounting and who still wears Yeezys.

I hope those kids are good throughout any drama though.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes @ all the mean and negative hot takes in this thread. And they're the toxic ones?

From what was known publicly, it seemed like their relationship was a net good thing for both of them. Kim supported Ye through a constant barrage of manic-depressive cycles which I'm sure eventually becomes too much for anyone to handle.

Wish them both well if true and hope it all works out for the best.
Yikes-Kanye-West.jpg

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I know practically nothing about them so, shrug? I see in this thread they aren't well-liked so I think my shrug is perfectly fitting.

MCee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay Area
Throw me in the "I don't understand why Kim is just as bad as Kanye" pile

I get that because she seems like a nice enough person, but I think a lot of people just don't like what she represents as a pop culture figure that didn't rise to fame through talent but an awful tv show.

It's laughable though that anyone in here wants to finger wag that posters are more toxic than MAGA Kanye. I call bullshit.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It's called mysogyny. A lot of people just hate her because she's rich, popular and beautiful and is an aspiration for other women.

Other people dislike her for actively encouraging Kanye over the last year, including when he announced his run for President with the specific goal of preventing Biden from being elected. And if you want to talk about misogyny, remember when Kim cut up that recording of Taylor Swift and Kanye to make her look bad, but specifically left out the part where Taylor talks about her fear of Kanye calling her a bitch?

IdeaOfEvil

Banned
Dec 4, 2020
Gonna be pretty sad when she tries to make a new sex tape that gets "leaked" so she can be in the public spotlight again at 40+

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved Ye so much up until 2014 or so, hope he gets his life (and music) back under control.
That'd be very desirable. He sounded so confused on the Joe Rogan show, it was actually embarrassing and I had to quit 50-60 mins into the show. Kanye did a lot of good with his music and it'd be good for that Kanye to come back, if that's a possibility. I actually don't think his latest albums were that bad either. The talent is clearly still there but I'm not sure if the mind or focus is.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who is hating on Kim, they should probably see her episode with David Letterman in My Next Guest needs no introduction, if not for her then for the fact that's it's Letterman's show. I had a newfound respect for her after watching that.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
People excited over his potential break up album need a reality check. This man is too far gone, but then again many were still interested in gospel albums from the moron.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I get that because she seems like a nice enough person, but I think a lot of people just don't like what she represents as a pop culture figure that didn't rise to fame through talent but an awful tv show.

It's laughable though that anyone in here wants to finger wag that posters are more toxic than MAGA Kanye. I call bullshit.
Well her name was famous before that because of her father, I'd argue that taking that fame and multiplying it exponentially to this level over the course of her life, is a talent in itself. If it was easy to become as famous and rich as her with just an awful tv show and a sex tape, then we'd have many Kims in the world.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Pretending to the world that being superficial makes you happy, wont actually make you happy.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
It's called mysogyny. A lot of people just hate her because she's rich, popular and beautiful and is an aspiration for other women.

Nah, let's talk about misogynoir first. Because Kim Kardashian is ground zero for white and non-black women mimicking black hairstyles, lips, asses, skin tone and proximity to black men to benefit themselves, in a society that shits on black women for doing the same.

And Kim K will do all sorts of appropriation while staying silent next to her MAGA husband on issues that affect black lives.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
Other people dislike her for actively encouraging Kanye over the last year, including when he announced his run for President with the specific goal of preventing Biden from being elected. And if you want to talk about misogyny, remember when Kim cut up that recording of Taylor Swift and Kanye to make her look bad, but specifically left out the part where Taylor talks about her fear of Kanye calling her a bitch?

Man what an resounding vindication of a year Taylor has had.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's unfortunate the Ye fell as hard as he did. I'm no fan of Kim or even him anymore but I'm certainly not happy about it.

Thread is fucking gross tbh. For a place that's so 'woke and culturally aware' it's shocking at the hypocrisy.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I remember when I used to hate on Taylor Swift. Talk about a redemption arc... she ain't perfect by any means but compared to these two clowns she is sitting pretty.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, let's talk about misogynoir first. Because Kim Kardashian is ground zero for white and non-black women mimicking black hairstyles, lips, asses, skin tone and proximity to black men to benefit themselves, in a society that shits on black women for doing the same.

And Kim K will do all sorts of appropriation while staying silent next to her MAGA husband on issues that affect black lives.
THANK you.

Kim K is weird as fuck about the above.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017

Hasn't she been quite vocal in recent years about justice reform?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I can explain why I do not like her and her family pretty simply.
Their rise in popularity can be directly tied to at least half of the 7 Deadly Sins and they have and continue to perpetuate vapid materialism that unfortunately directly influences others into being delusional and thinking that materialism matters most.
Fuck them and what they represent to so many who do not know any better.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
There's...an entire essay to be written about Kim and Kanye's relationship and how men constantly ask for women to be literally everything when they become their spouses.

Now, I ain't gonna write it, but it CAN be written.