SevKnight

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
City of Apples
Kanye needs a conservatorship. That man has been speaking about his declining mental health in his music for years.

This is the same guy who made a song saying he thought about killing someone close to him.

He is in a mental hell and he needs help badly.

Royalan

Not actually the youngest mod — AP Fact Check
Oct 24, 2017
I hope someone is documenting all these title changes. lol

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I know we love to talk about how people don't get cancelled but Kanye's status as the bridge between high end and hip-hop/pop culture is pretty much over. Lots of his wealth are tied to his corporate deals, and right now he's toxic as fuck and will remain so for the foreseeable future. I can imagine still Yeezy selling well considering they are almost considered separately from their creator (same as Jordan) but this forces Adidas to finish their 'review' into granting his wishes and tearing up whatever contracts they have with him which is made easier for them regarding financials/breakup fee with him publicly saying he wants out.

He's burning bridges with the banks he would need to fund any kind of 'DIY' manufacturing angles. And while I can imagine younger thirstier hip-hop acts aligning himself publicly, even for the older head crowd it's going to be a new calculus how to align themselves and throw him on a track and have to do promo and answer Kanye questions as opposed to talk about the project and themselves. And even in hip-hop there's more entertaining loud but wrong dudes (fuck u Boosie)

I see a Kevin Spacey future for him where's he's rich but no one returns his calls or cares.
Yeah you broke it down exactly. And all it takes is one good size domino to fall for the rest to follow

Oct 30, 2017
"You're laughing. Pete Davidson is fucking my ex-wife with a giant dick and you're laughing."

Literally transforming into different meme templates by the day.
Kanye trying to go to his happy place like

PalatableSimilarBergerpicard-size_restricted.gif

Oct 27, 2017
When it comes down to it...these men are so lonely. And trying so hard to make it everyone else's problem.
Case in point why money doesn't make you a genius or better than us "plebs". All that money and this money can get whatever "help" he needs, live a good life, help others. Yet he chooses willingly to be a coon clown.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Case in point why money doesn't make you a genius or better than us "plebs". All that money and this money can get whatever "help" he needs, live a good life, help others. Yet he chooses willingly to be a coon clown.
I mean we knew that a while ago.
A billionaire died a while ago on the surgery table because he wanted to expand dong.
Because you have cash doesn't mean you're not stupidly insecure or just outright stupid.

steejee

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it sweeps time? I feel like bringing Pete Davidson's dick into the storylines is something you save for the big ratings days.

SunGodNika

Jul 11, 2022
Bill Hader is Kanye's true nemesis, given how he both recommended Pete Davidson audition for SNL, which is where Pete met Kim, and also Hader wrote that "fish sticks" joke for South Park.

Fdh_a4YWAAIlb1Y.png
You beat me to it. I wonder if Matt, Trey, and Bill are regretting not going after Kanye harder than Fish Dicks. They totally nailed how insecure he is. Maybe underestimated it even. They might have missed some deep-seeded self-loathing.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is there a medical foundation for the claims that Kanye is mentally ill? Where do these claims come from?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I know we love to talk about how people don't get cancelled but Kanye's status as the bridge between high end and hip-hop/pop culture is pretty much over. Lots of his wealth are tied to his corporate deals, and right now he's toxic as fuck and will remain so for the foreseeable future. I can imagine still Yeezy selling well considering they are almost considered separately from their creator (same as Jordan) but this forces Adidas to finish their 'review' into granting his wishes and tearing up whatever contracts they have with him which is made easier for them regarding financials/breakup fee with him publicly saying he wants out.

He's burning bridges with the banks he would need to fund any kind of 'DIY' manufacturing angles. And while I can imagine younger thirstier hip-hop acts aligning himself publicly, even for the older head crowd it's going to be a new calculus how to align themselves and throw him on a track and have to do promo and answer Kanye questions as opposed to talk about the project and themselves. And even in hip-hop there's more entertaining loud but wrong dudes (fuck u Boosie)

I see a Kevin Spacey future for him where's he's rich but no one returns his calls or cares.
Adidas' partnership with Jerry Lorenzo and his company, Fear Of God, could put an end to Yeezy earlier than expected.

Oct 25, 2017
You beat me to it. I wonder if Matt, Trey, and Bill are regretting not going after Kanye harder than Fish Dicks. They totally nailed how insecure he is. Maybe underestimated it even. They might have missed some deep-seeded self-loathing.
I think what really rubbed salt in the wound was that Kanye not only had his feelings hurt, but responded with some deep introspection only for Matt and Trey to go basically "lol you were actually hurt? we were joking weirdo"

Oct 29, 2017
Adidas' partnership with Jerry Lorenzo and his company, Fear Of God, could put an end to Yeezy earlier than expected.
FoG Essentials is blowing up in such a big way. It could easily be just as big of a collab as Yeezy, but in clothing instead of shoes. I'm assuming going forward the shoe line now known as Yeezy will continue like Jordan's do at Nike, divested from the original person.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
FoG Essentials is blowing up in such a big way. It could easily be just as big of a collab as Yeezy, but in clothing instead of shoes. I'm assuming going forward the shoe line now known as Yeezy will continue like Jordan's do at Nike, divested from the original person.
I don't see how a Jordan-like setup would be in the cards for Ye. How would that avoid controversy for Adidas to continue to make him filthy rich?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how a Jordan-like setup would be in the cards for Ye. How would that avoid controversy for Adidas to continue to make him filthy rich?

Pretty much. I think Adidas would need to prove that Kanye is violating their contract (eg. causing harm to the brand) in court in order to justify kicking him from Yeezy both creatively and financially.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. So did he surround himself with inept people who are letting him go wild or did his entourage abandon him?
That's pretty much been the story of Ye's life since his mother passed. Like it or not, Ye's actions are what brings attention to his songs and brand, which is a positive for the people around him benefitting off of him. It's very unfortunate.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

My co-worker's dad owns three pairs of Yeezy's, lol. There's a significant market that likes the kicks but don't care and to a certain extent, forgot it's Kanye's sneakers. It's risk vs reward; considering how gangbusters the deal has been for Adidas I could have imagined a scenario where they tried to have their cake and eat it too. Considering how Gap had to go short of gunpoint to get him to deliver on that promised line Yeezy is probably a self contained/running entity (with its own solid design team) considering how they pump out product. No way he's even remotely involved in the day to day: I don't think he's got time to design footwear in between Mein Kampf audiobooks. That train has passed though; he's already thrown them under the bus and seems intent on going out a bigot.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
I guess the Jordan brand isn't a great 1 to 1 comparison but I can see them kicking him out while continuing the brand or ethos of the shoe line without him. Maybe bringing the shoe line more "in-house" vs being separate. This is assuming they can prove he is breaking his contract and causing them damage, which I can see them winning. I thought Adidas had license/full control over everything made in this collab.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the Jordan brand isn't a great 1 to 1 comparison but I can see them kicking him out while continuing the brand or ethos of the shoe line without him. Maybe bringing the shoe line more "in-house" vs being separate. This is assuming they can prove he is breaking his contract and causing them damage, which I can see them winning. I thought Adidas had license/full control over everything made in this collab.
I think they own the designs but not the name. They can probably rerelease Yeezy shoes but not call them Yeezy. They just rereleased one of their Kobe shoes under the name Crazy 1.

Oct 29, 2017
I think they own the designs but not the name. They can probably rerelease Yeezy shoes but not call them Yeezy. They just rereleased one of their Kobe shoes under the name Crazy 1.
I think it would make sense for them not to use the name but continue to keep the design team together and make the same/similar shoes. From a business sense at least since it's brought them a ton of money. They need to fully cut ties with him asap for obvious reasons.