Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to keep up with this Kanye stuff for the past couple of days and I've been watching his interviews up to the Cuomo interview the other day. I think that taking all the stuff he's said as a whole is fairly consistent with the path he's currently on.

My question is why people feel the need to defend or explain any of it? There is no subtlety involved. What is the "stan" mindset that makes people go to bat for famous people? Is it a branch of parasocial behavior?
Hero worship is a hell of a drug, apparently.

Same shit with all the left wing, liberal, allies to all, JK Rowling fans who just cannot allow themselves to see or comprehend the trail or far-right ooze she's leaving in her wake.
The way some people can get so emotionally invested in a celebrity, like it's a resource they've spent and can't bear to see wasted, is straight up alien to me. Its just not in me at all.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Hero worship is a hell of a drug, apparently.

Same shit with all the left wing, liberal, allies to all, JK Rowling fans who just cannot allow themselves to see or comprehend the trail or far-right ooze she's leaving in her wake.
The way some people can get so emotionally invested in a celebrity, like it's a resource they've spent and can't bear to see wasted, is straight up alien to me. Its just not in me at all.

I can potentially see this kind of thing for close family and maybe even long time friends. I can't really see any kind of investment beyond that small circle.

I'm also not a team sport type of person and I live in Southern California where that kind of stuff is all around me.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I can potentially see this kind of thing for close family and maybe even long time friends. I can't really see any kind of investment beyond that small circle.

I'm also not a team sport type of person and I live in Southern California where that kind of stuff is all around me.
You can see it even on Era every time for example Nintendo is doing something really shitty, some fans just rush to their defense. Look at me, every time people just relentlessly bash on Star Citizen, I barely can help myself to tell "the other side of the story" of a player who really enjoys the damn thing. Now take those things and project them onto a single person someone is following each day, instead of a company, be it a West or a Youtuber or a developer or whatever.

Admittedly, at some point there _should_ be a limit on what people will defend, but some just don't want to acknowledge a certain line is crossed.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was this the tipping point, much like Trump's humiliation at the corespondents dinner?

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

View: https://youtu.be/078BGtKNL1o

Another one

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

View: https://youtu.be/X5t5GnbQgCk

I remember that jackass comment haha. Haven't seen that 2nd video, but that speech was a roast on Kanye.

I hope the Floyd family gets paid big time with their lawsuit.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
I hope they get their coins. I hate what this man did to his legacy, and I hate that his music is so attached to my life. Alcohol and mental illness are never the excuse, but working in the recovery field I see a lot of people like Kanye everyday.

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
Was this the tipping point, much like Trump's humiliation at the corespondents dinner?

- YouTube

View: https://youtu.be/078BGtKNL1o

Another one

- YouTube

View: https://youtu.be/X5t5GnbQgCk

He never really recovered from the Taylor Swift stuff and then there is his mother's death and all the other stuff. But i would never expect it would come to this

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Black anti-Semitism is twice as dumb. Any valid complaints these people have, like outsiders controlling the rap industry, can be blamed on the white power structure at large. These cowards are too scared to go after white people or white supremacy and instead target Jewish people. He claimed Puffy is a fed, then says 'the Jews' sent him... since when was the FBI controlled by Jewish people?

I hate that Kanye keeps bringing up Black people as a shield, as if he speaks for us or that we agree with his stupidity. Comparing Planned Parenthood to the Holocaust? Gtfo. His mom was a professor, his dad was a Black Panther (I think) and this moron brags about not reading books.

That first meetup and photo op with Trump, Kanye looked like such a buck broken coon smh. He should be shunned in the mainstream and in the hip-hop community for being a blatant sellout. Shame on NORE, Piers Morgan, Cuomo and everyone still giving him a platform.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for Kanye's old friends to start releasing their convos. Turn about is fair play.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I feel bad but this particular headline may me burst out laughing. It's like a South Park style satire of what not to say in these situations.
Shit, that really puts into words what I've been feeling but didn't know how to explain.

Kanye has become a South Park parody of himself. This is just like the writers adding more and more insane shit to see how far they can go before it doesn't make any sense anymore, except Kanye is just doing all of it by himself.

Balenciaga parts ways

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
www.rollingstone.com

Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West

Balenciaga has officially cut ties with Kanye West following the rapper’s string of antisemitic and offensive remarks.

Balenciaga has officially cut ties with Kanye West following the rapper's string of antisemitic and offensive remarks.

Following its third-quarter earnings report Thursday, the fashion label's parent company Kering said in a statement to WWD, "Balenciaga has no longer any relationship nor any plans for future projects related to this artist."

Balenciaga began distancing itself from West following his controversial appearance on the podcast Drink Champs released last week, where he falsely claimed that George Floyd wasn't murdered but killed by fentanyl and made even more antisemitic remarks. On Oct. 17, the fashion giant issued a statement saying West's runway look from Balenciaga's Spring 2023 show at Paris Fashion Week had been deleted from Vogue Runway, as well as the Balenciaga website.

Additionally, Balenciaga said it had removed a section on its website dedicated to the three Yeezy Gap Engineered by Balenciaga collaborations, which launched earlier this year. Those items were also no longer available on other online retailers.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I really wanna do an "UP: Pete Davidson has a 10 incher"

Bill Hader is Kanye's true nemesis, given how he both recommended Pete Davidson audition for SNL, which is where Pete met Kim, and also Hader wrote that "fish sticks" joke for South Park.

Fdh_a4YWAAIlb1Y.png

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
www.rollingstone.com

Balenciaga has officially cut ties with Kanye West following the rapper’s string of antisemitic and offensive remarks.

Balenciaga has officially cut ties with Kanye West following the rapper's string of antisemitic and offensive remarks.

Following its third-quarter earnings report Thursday, the fashion label's parent company Kering said in a statement to WWD, "Balenciaga has no longer any relationship nor any plans for future projects related to this artist."

Balenciaga began distancing itself from West following his controversial appearance on the podcast Drink Champs released last week, where he falsely claimed that George Floyd wasn't murdered but killed by fentanyl and made even more antisemitic remarks. On Oct. 17, the fashion giant issued a statement saying West's runway look from Balenciaga's Spring 2023 show at Paris Fashion Week had been deleted from Vogue Runway, as well as the Balenciaga website.

Additionally, Balenciaga said it had removed a section on its website dedicated to the three Yeezy Gap Engineered by Balenciaga collaborations, which launched earlier this year. Those items were also no longer available on other online retailers.

I mean, I know we love to talk about how people don't get cancelled but Kanye's status as the bridge between high end and hip-hop/pop culture is pretty much over. Lots of his wealth are tied to his corporate deals, and right now he's toxic as fuck and will remain so for the foreseeable future. I can imagine still Yeezy selling well considering they are almost considered separately from their creator (same as Jordan) but this forces Adidas to finish their 'review' into granting his wishes and tearing up whatever contracts they have with him which is made easier for them regarding financials/breakup fee with him publicly saying he wants out.

He's burning bridges with the banks he would need to fund any kind of 'DIY' manufacturing angles. And while I can imagine younger thirstier hip-hop acts aligning himself publicly, even for the older head crowd it's going to be a new calculus how to align themselves and throw him on a track and have to do promo and answer Kanye questions as opposed to talk about the project and themselves. And even in hip-hop there's more entertaining loud but wrong dudes (fuck u Boosie)

I see a Kevin Spacey future for him where's he's rich but no one returns his calls or cares.

Royalan

Not actually the youngest mod — AP Fact Check
Oct 24, 2017
When it comes down to it...these men are so lonely. And trying so hard to make it everyone else's problem.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Pete better be buying his cock and balls steak dinner every night for all the material it's been providing him these past few years lol

Fuck Kanye and his entire empire of dumbass looking garbage. I hope his kids stay embarrassed of this joke of a man their entire lives.

Oct 28, 2017
Black members of Era, serious question how low do you got to be to call on Charlemagne the God for help?

CTG may not be in tune with the modern day culture but the man is a big mental health advocate and puts work into the community to reduce mental health stigmas in black circles. Also, say what you will but CTG does not mince words and will speak truthfully on your character. I dunno, there are way worse people to reach out to when it comes to mental health.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
www.rollingstone.com

Does Ben Shapiro have a clothing line? Lol