• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
I just want to hear this Yandhi album and see if it's good music or some rushed garbage to have something out and stay in the conversation since everyone already moved on from ye.

We all know music business is moving fast as fuck.

It's too much music now

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be a way for him to stay relevant. He can't be this stupid. He wants people to continue talking about him.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
People really gonna fall for this shit again huh. There is no intellectual thought process behind this. This is entirely about controversy and shock. He magically leaves his Calabasas cocoon every now and then to sell something to people, and he sells it by dominating as much media as possible with contradictory messages that get various groups upset or entertained or whatever.

I doubt Kanye can explain a single Trump policy he likes. He doesn't give a fuck about policy, or even politics. He likes Trump because Trump has been a master at dominating media and has been very effective at speaking directly to his own supporters; and because he's very good at branding/messaging. That's it.

Am I gonna listen to the album? Yea. But I'd hope after the last one that the media would have stopped falling for the marketing trick, stop giving Kanye what he wants, and just listen to the music...which, frankly, is secondary to Kanye at this point. That snippet sounds like something Kanye would never approve of 10 years ago. It sounds like a demo.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be a way for him to stay relevant. He can't be this stupid. He wants people to continue talking about him.

Literally his wife's family's business model.

Think of the most outrageous thing your talentless children could do and monetize it. Not sure if Kanye's talent decline is related directly but it can't be unrelated.

Anyway tbh I'm not sure he has anything valuable to say anymore. It's time to just admit he's a rich out of touch weirdo. Everything after College Dropout gas been tinged by that. You can't be on more covers of People than The Source and expect zero effect. He married a knockoff I f Paris Hilton who lives in the most bizarre and fabulist bubble on earth outside of North Korea. And he doesn't rhyme about it in even a remotely insightful way.

On the flipside he's the most talented member of his family since young Caitlin.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
Kanye should just embrace the hate from all sides, do a heel turn once again, and go into angry MBDTF/Yeezus mode.

kanye-in-paris.jpg

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
People really gonna fall for this shit again huh. There is no intellectual thought process behind this. This is entirely about controversy and shock. He magically leaves his Calabasas cocoon every now and then to sell something to people, and he sells it by dominating as much media as possible with contradictory messages that get various groups upset or entertained or whatever.

I doubt Kanye can explain a single Trump policy he likes. He doesn't give a fuck about policy, or even politics. He likes Trump because Trump has been a master at dominating media and has been very effective at speaking directly to his own supporters; and because he's very good at branding/messaging. That's it.

Am I gonna listen to the album? Yea. But I'd hope after the last one that the media would have stopped falling for the marketing trick, stop giving Kanye what he wants, and just listen to the music...which, frankly, is secondary to Kanye at this point. That snippet sounds like something Kanye would never approve of 10 years ago. It sounds like a demo.

yeah it's obvious why he's doing it

he's still a dumb motherfucker who doesn't need this shit. someone said earlier if kanye dropped a surprise album like eminem or beyonce it would be fucking enormous, and it's true. so creating all this "controversy" to the point of proudly wearing the modern day equivalent of the klan hood is just fucked, unnecessary and the dude is a complete asshole.

not even going to get into how praising trump and wearing MAGA hats impacts a lot of his younger or more impressionable fans. fucking hell.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck Kanye. Why are people still engaging this foolishness from a 40+ year old man? He was more mature than this 20 years ago. Don't have to mention the insane shit he's saying regarding slavery. He said there were only 800 slaves remaining by the 1800s? How the fuck?

Either lock him in a closet or send him to a hospital so that his ignorance doesn't spread further.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Come on. Let's stop giving a free pass to this grown ass man. The media will always report his crazy shit, the one who needs to stop doing it is Kanye.

The sight of him wearing the MAGA hat is so extremely stupid. How can he be so blind?

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Literally his wife's family's business model.

Think of the most outrageous thing your talentless children could do and monetize it. Not sure if Kanye's talent decline is related directly but it can't be unrelated..

How is this accurate?

The Kardashians have had a reality show where they do boring stuff, they model, and sell beauty products and clothing.

At most they feed the tabloids stories but it's hardly outrageous things, it's normal dating life gossip stuff.

Yes Kim partly got famous from a sex tape but that was like a decade ago.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
well, he has bipolar disorder and has said he's contemplated suicide

not sure mental illness has to do with this wack maga bullshit though. it's just being a fucking asshole.
Yeah, I know quite a few people with bipolar.
They are not massive cunts like him, I meant something dissociative maybe, like he does not get reality

lil jetski

Nov 1, 2017
Hmmmm Ok, I think I'm officially done. Ye was meh anyway, TLOP was bad. A new Kanye project is always a new Kanye project, but now his personal shittiness has vastly outweighed the quality of his output.

Bye, ye. You were amazing once

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I'm not interested in excusing the shit he says because he's bi-polar, or because of his mom's death or whatever. There are people with mental illness who don't say the shit he does. There are people who've lost pillars in their lives who don't go on to say the shit he does.

And SNL should know better especially since they already had Trump on a few years back and knew how bad of a move that was. The show is content to peddle out Baldwin for a thousandth time to do a Trump impersonation, but turn around and feature Kanye in a MAGA hat?

I feel really fucking bad for Driver in that photo. I'd hate to have to take a press photo next to a loser in that hat.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
I really don't get the hype.

The man made great music a while back. Now he's just an attention seeking troll. He's basically said as much.

Not sure why his voice carries so much weight given the diminishing quality of his latest offerings.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Town aside, Ye was awful and Kids See Ghosts was at its worst whenever Kanye opened his mouth so I've got zero hope for this one.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
"me me me me me me me me please look at meeeeeeeee me me me me"

Basically.

Whenever Kanye pulls shit like this the question that should be asked is, "Ok, Kanye can you just cut the crap and get to whatever it is you're trying to sell me?"

It's not smart, it's not informed, it's not well-thought out. It's Kanye's brand of performative wokeness to try to sell whatever's he's got coming out which is, behold, another shitty album.

And we trash other artists who are caught performing wokeness this blatant, so Kanye won't escape my ire either.

Go home and be a family man, Kanye.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Only Prince and Diddy were allowed to change their names mid-career, and that is a law that shall stand.

Just ask Lil Bow Wow.

Whatever, Kanye West.

bud

Oct 27, 2017
did his last album even make a dent? feels like everyone was talking about the shit he was talking, but then the album came it out and... a week later no one was mentioning it anymore.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I used to live him but dear god he is either the stupist rapper out there by trying to court this type of controvosy or he really is in a kardashion branded bubble and has lost touch. I honestly can't believe this is the same person that called out Bush over Katrina when no other fucker was. I'm so angry that I will have to drop him from my Spotify and not listen to him again.
I don't know much much angrier I would be if I was black.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is absolutely true. Kanye is simply creating spectacle around his products. Nothing more nothing less.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
How do you go from "Bush doesn't care about black people" to this? Is it the Kardashian poison?