• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

alba

Oct 27, 2017
MI
Really happy with the outcome but still got a long way to go to get parity back in the SC.

redmason81

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2022
Congrats, Justice Brown Jackson. It's so nice to see something positive in politics after all these regressive state laws passing.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Wooo! Amazing!

And then the pessimist side in the back of my brain comes back to remind me it won't change anything in terms of SCOTUS rulings :(

But it's still great news nonetheless.

Not immediately but having a young person on the SC will prevent that seat from being taken by a Conservative shitbird and could result in a shift with other appointments

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Posting this iconic photo again:

24KBJ-DAUGHTER-1-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
She's a fucking badass and it was a no-brainer confirmation super glad to see her confirmed. Can't wait to read her some of her eventual majority opinions/dissents.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The Honorable

Justice

Ketanji Brown Jackson

Of these here Supreme Courts!

When it's right it's right!

And that, my friends, is Black Excellence.

(Thank you, Georgia)

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading on twitter that the GOP walked out - is that true? Shameful if so.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Good.

The Supreme Court is presumably fucked for the foreseeable future, but it's good to have a public defender on it.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a be real. The debacles and performances at her nomination hearings legit made me depressed. Being reminded of the thought that so many fucking republican senators don't have a soul or a moral conscious again and again and their constituents don't care and agree was incredibly maddening, especially in this political environment.

I'm just so glad it's over.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty shocked. I thought this would be blocked for sure. Guess with 6-3 it didn't matter.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
I'm reading on twitter that the GOP walked out - is that true? Shameful if so.

As if those ghouls can feel any shame.

My only hope would be that one of the other conservative justices croaks so that Biden can appoint another minority judge to the Supreme Court. I don't know who that would be though.

pizzaparty

Oct 28, 2017
Owns that there's finally a former PD on the Supreme Court. Owns that there's finally a black woman on the Supreme Court. Owns all around. Great news.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida

shouldn't they at least try to hide the racism? no? ok then

They're all leaning heavily into their narrative that Justice Brown is weak on pedophiles.

The right wing feels defeated by the pedopiles in the Democratic Party and Hollywood today and this is just another sign of "proof" that the left eat and fuck babies.

My uncle just post on Twitter that underage sex will soon be legal…which is ironic since his dad is from Tennessee…so…I'm not sure you can blame Dems for that one.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't worried even a bit, but I still feel embarrassment for this country that the vote count was as close as it was.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Great news. She is a fantastic pick.

It is ludicrous the hearings she had to put up with.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

shouldn't they at least try to hide the racism? no? ok then

I don't know what I hate more, the GOP as a whole being such fascist ghouls that they're walking out or the fact that those same fascist ghouls will try to take credit for this or use Romney staying as some gotcha to excuse their racism.