• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

If a deal makes, Brolin will play Gurney Halleck, a troubadour-swordsman loyal to the family who is instrumental in the wakening of Atreides' cosmic powers which will start a revolution.

The cast so far:
Timothee Chalamet as Paul
Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica
Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto (in talks)
Zendaya as Chani (in talks)
Stellan Skarsgaard as Baron Harkonnen
Dave Bautista as Rabban
Javier Bardem as Stilgar (in talks)
Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the budget is going to be for this thing? Hopefully with WB more involved with this film than they were with BR2049 their marketing machine can help it out. I can easily see this flopping like BR.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot exist in a world where a good Dune movie is actually made

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
Gosling as Thufir Hawat, Ana de Armas as Irulan, Bautista as Beast Rabban. We got a stew brewing then.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I can't decide whether to read the book or watch the movie first. Choices!

Read it, and at least the next two. God Emperor is good but a bit nutso, then you can ignore the rest or just read the last two by Herbert (I haven't read personally) if you can't get enough. Never heard anything good about the piles of other books in the series.

Movie will have some time before it comes out and I'd guess it'll be a Lord of the Rings situation where the major plot beats are incorporated but a lot of stuff will have to get chopped to make it work on film.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Read it, and at least the next two. God Emperor is good but a bit nutso, then you can ignore the rest or just read the last two by Herbert (I haven't read personally) if you can't get enough. Never heard anything good about the piles of other books in the series.

Pretty much. First book is pretty self contained, but Messiah and Children wrap up pretty good. God Emperor takes a big jump in the future but has some great ideas going on. Final two books: for fans only. All the other non-Frank Herbert books: nope

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Read it, and at least the next two. God Emperor is good but a bit nutso, then you can ignore the rest or just read the last two by Herbert (I haven't read personally) if you can't get enough. Never heard anything good about the piles of other books in the series..
I Agree with this. The first one is excellent. Messiah I'm not a huge fan of, but it's necessary to read Children of Dune which is also good. I remember the later three by Herbert as OK. I would avoid anything else in the series - I've read most of them when I was younger, and they were all bad.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Really need someone to do a mockup of the Dune logo with the "everyone is here" tagline from Smash at this point.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This movie(s) will be next-level amazing.

Waiting for Villeneuve to recast Hiam Abbas as literally anyone in this film.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
After BR2049 I'd be shocked if Villeneuve didn't pull Gosling in for this as well, or if Gosling isn't already in talks to join. Hell, bring back everyone from BR2049 (maaaybe skip Jared Leto, unless it's just to die after a few moments).

Speaking of BR2049, it would be great if Sylvia Hoeks were to join this as well she was great.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully all these A listers have seen the script, been subsequently wowed by it and signed off as soon as the $$$'s looked reasonable.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Dennis Villenvue is officially my favorite active director and this cast is getting better and better. I want this movie inside of me.

Oct 27, 2017
3uSL1Fu.jpg

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Really unexpected but in the best way. This is really sounding too good to be true honestly.

Also I'd absolutely love nothing more than to see Gosling in this too but I can't say I see it happening.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
The actor that plays Feyd needs to be way younger than that. He should roughly around the same age as Paul. 18 -19 by the end of the book.
Nah, I don't think that is a necessary element of the character. Considering how dense the story is going to be, I think utilizing someone like Gosling and what he could bring to it with comparatively little screen time, is more worthwhile than getting an age appropriate actor solely for accuracy.