• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Games

Oct 27, 2017
Not only is Jonathan Blow sexist but he's not succinct either. Those are a lot of words to say women belong in the kitchen.
Blow seems to consider himself something of a philosopher but clearly doesn't have the capability, evidenced by his latest decision to cut himself out of any potential debate with people whom he might disagree. Probably should have just stuck with being a decent little coder boy and hiding behind the thin veil of a message in his games.

Hopefully he sticks to his oh so compelling word though, the less I have to hear from the cunt the better.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Say what you want about Blow, but it's awfully nice of him to provide everyone with an out to get rid of his bullshit.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAA

Oh, he's serious??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! What a fucking clown.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Thought 1: Luckily, if he gets cancelled, then it saves him the effort!

Thought 2: It's weird to think that the person threatening a boycott is most likely upset by people who refuse to purchase things as a form of protest.

Oct 27, 2017
His political sympathies have been obvious for a long time, even if he is not intellectually honest enough to come out and state them.

I've never understood what people liked about him. In every interview I've seen, he always comes across as condescending, humorless, and lacking any sense of self-awareness. More than programming, it feels like he specializes in self-aggrandizement.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Why does this clown think he's relevant enough to be invited to speak at any meaningful conference in the first place? He is a garbage human.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
This kind of stance is so weird. Like he'd really take offence to a conference which no-platformed a nazi?

I love The Witness and Braid, but it's very hard to imagine supporting his games in future.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that Robert C. Martin is apparently such a piece of shit; at work we rely on the basic principles of programming he teaches, as I'm sure a lot of software development does. I've even recommended books of his to coworkers of mine who needed to learn how to build reusable, testable code. But he's definitely cut from the same cloth of "intelligent" thinking as Blow that leads to stuff like "women just aren't as interested in programming," and I bet Blow came to his thinking partially because of people like Martin.

Other people have suggested trying to route around his bullshit to get to the material that's genuinely useful and so far I haven't thought of a better option yet, but it's something I should probably spend time on.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Goddammit! I've always wanted to try The Witness because it seems super interesting but I never got around to actually buying it...

Oh well, I guess I never will now. And that Braid remaster deal is off the table as well.

Nicely done, you massive twat.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Jonathan Blow is a great example of someone who's very smart in some ways and very stupid in others. He made two amazing games and had a massive influence on the indie scene as a whole, but watching him livestream playing a game is pure torture.

His sociopolitical views are a trash fire.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
As I'm not good in separating the work from the artist, it's pretty easy to cancel him. Supporting white supremacists and being misogynistic just erases whatever he's done, for me.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
His political sympathies have been obvious for a long time, even if he is not intellectually honest enough to come out and state them.

I've never understood what people liked about him. In every interview I've seen, he always comes across as condescending, humorless, and lacking any sense of self-awareness. More than programming, it feels like he specializes in self-aggrandizement.

He makes good games which is why people largely ignored the signs of his bullshit.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Dude wants to use the stones to destroy the stones. Canceling cancel culture is too dumb to even argue against.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope he sticks to this and we barely if ever need to hear from this dumbass again lol

Conferences already shouldn't have been inviting his sexist ass.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
This is the least surprising thing ever. Dude has always come off as a pretentious asshat.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I thoroughly enjoyed The Witness but now that I know this I will not recommend this game to anyone nor buy any games that are affiliated with this guy.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
One of those moments were you see someone unironically use the term "virtual signaling" and you're just like "yeah, that tracks."

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's the worst kind of right-wing guy in that he's too spineless to admit he's one and just go where that will be welcome.

well.. is he really right wing? Is being anti left suddenly equal to being right wing? Someone in the middle might dislike extremes - you dont have to be one or the other...most people are not any extreme politically...

Is there actual proof he is right wing?? Does he deny being it? If so - why?