Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the beginnings of a serial killer, so they definitely nailed the tone. Love what I'm seeing so far.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks crazy. I'm still a bit skeptical, like this looks like it will either work or REALLY not, and I'm not totally sure which way it will go. But, it is looking promising.

I wonder if he is actually not going to be the same Joker that Batman would face in the future. Old man Joker versus Batman Prime seems like an uneven match.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Like Logan this looks different which hopefully will be a good thing as the marvel formula is tired and the DC universe has been mediocre to shit.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
If you guys get a chance go check out "You Were Never Really Here" a slow burner(and extremely violent) superb character study with Phoenix a couple of years back with him playing murderous muscle while suffering through PTSD. After i saw that I knew they could nail this if the direction/script was right because he has the rage down pat

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Huge spoiler for the film below.
In this iteration Arthur Fleck/Joker is Bruce's half brother and possibly does end up murdering Thomas Wayne

943267692.gif

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do they need a cinematic universe?
They don't. But if we're talking their "redemption arc," that's the only thing they failed at, so that's what they'd need to do to be "redeemed." Their solo films have always been perfectly fine. Their only stumble was trying to bring everything together.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like an incredibly well-shot film, but I can't shake the feeling that the plot and performances are going to be mostly terrible.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Looks crazy. I'm still a bit skeptical, like this looks like it will either work or REALLY not, and I'm not totally sure which way it will go. But, it is looking promising.

I wonder if he is actually not going to be the same Joker that Batman would face in the future. Old man Joker versus Batman Prime seems like an uneven match.
Only if the match is a physical one. Grizzled Joker who already has followers versus fledging Batman could be interesting

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, it used to be that playing disabled people was Oscar bait. Now, it's playing the Joker.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
We're fucked if this becomes successful. that means that Jared Leto will become a real-life Joker out of jealousy

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
So much anti-clown violence!

Interesting trailer, but I just didn't see enough there to get hyped. Looking forward to the next trailer, though, which I hope will show more plot details. At the moment, it looks like some kind of Taxi Driver-like character study or something, which is a pretty weird place to take a Joker film.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a nice looking trailer and Phoenix as the Joker looks cool.
This is either going to be a really good movie or a really boring movie. The whole thing seems too on the nose. It tries to distance itself from being a comic book movie but the dialogue is pure comic book. We'll see.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'm sorry but the complete mastery of emotions Joaquin showcases here far exceed the one note ghost-creepy approach of Ledger, which, admittedly, he pulled off fantastically. But he can't compete with the sheer pain you get from these Phoenix shots.

I'm really impressed. Like, he's in a league so above comic book movies. We kinda don't deserve it.
It's almost as if both were different interpretations of the character, with one of them focusing on his time as a sane person, which allows him to go through wider variety of emotions and portrayals in the same film, plus we haven't even seen him as Joker proper, hell him as Joker might not even be the longest part of the film. The bad takes man... can't avoid them.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
WB needs to do away with DCEU and just give us stand alone arcs with different actors ala Bond.

This looks awesome.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at the fact that they didn't get Alec Baldwin so they got someone almost exactly like him.