• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.webp

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
This. Since this is going to be from his point of view he's most likely going to be an unreliable narrator from the start. If that's the direction they go in it should have you question if what you're seeing is actually real and the truth.
Or not a therapist but Reeves' Batman and Joker across from eachother in Arkham and he's the one saying how he looked into Joker's story and it doesn't connect

Kind of the opposite of Batman Begins, we get Joker's "origin" and then tease Batman at the end

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Looking really good and I do hope it dips a little bit more into horror at some points during the movie. There's It coming later this year as well, we eating good this year.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Can already tell that it has the best cinematography for a comic book movie since Watchmen

For that alone it's worth the price of the ticket

But also looks like a great movie

I have high hopes for this one

Yeah, those shots in the trailer are remarkable! Still, I'll always love Watchmen for the cast, soundtrack & cinematography (as much as people love to shit on it).

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Good trailer. It's funny how much the cinematography reminds me of the Gotham show. With a bigger budget obviously.
Anyway, I still have my reservations because of the director. And the very idea of a Joker solo film tbh.
But at least it'll look good visually and Phoenix will deliver a great performance, there's no doubt about that.

Oct 27, 2017
That looked really interesting. My trepidation is caused by my dislike for pretty much every other movie that director has worked on.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
They just casted a new joker and they are casting a new Batman you don't see a connection?

No from what Matt reaves has said this movie has no connection to his as in if he does have a joker it won't be pheonix. WHich is why I'm confused as fuck.

Yes I believe that they are saying that but I don't believe that it's true.

DC CONFIRMING Todd Philips JOKER IS NOT IN THE DCEU

More confirmation

Kevin Smith knows Todd and confirms no connection as well

ANd here is where it is a possibility that they do it depending on how well Joker does which is why I think Matt Reeves hasn't started The batman yet.

So there's a 50/50 chance it could happen but as it is now, it's not connected in any way.

Last edited:

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm sorry but the complete mastery of emotions Joaquin showcases here far exceed the one note ghost-creepy approach of Ledger, which, admittedly, he pulled off fantastically. But he can't compete with the sheer pain you get from these Phoenix shots.

I'm really impressed. Like, he's in a league so above comic book movies. We kinda don't deserve it.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Looks decent, quite creepy.

I'm with the people unsure about the direction though.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that was a great trailer. Skeptical of the director but I hope they pull it off.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what's the idea behind making it take place in the 70s. I guess Joaquin's Joker will never share the screen with Batman. I'll give to WB/DC for still trying out weird shit that doesn't seem to make much sense for them.
I'm guessing that for starters, 70's NYC style grit is always a good inspiration for a city in decay and a bleak story like this.

It also helps cement the idea that this is standalone.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
All we have to go on so far is the look, the actor, and the trailer. All look great to me!

Don't care how or where it fits into the DC world. I am much more of a fan of good movies than having a shared world everything is a trailer for another movie down the road. Just give me good movies.

Hope the new Batman movie(s) are like that too. Though I am pretty sure those will be prequels to the mess that was BvS and JL.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Yes I believe that they are saying that but I don't believe that it's true.
Why not? One of the great things about comics is that you can play around with characters, not everything has to be locked into a extended universe. I am all for letting people be more experimental. This is a low budget affair, it would have to do horribly in the box office to not turn a profit.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good. Hope you can turn the ship around, DC. Shazam was a nice start. Keep up the momentum.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for these Elseworlds style movies. Looks really good.

I wonder if we'll ever get something like Batman nine lives (noir Batman).

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Joaquin will not be playing the Joker going forward, he doesn't want to be tied down in a big franchise like how he didn't end up as Dr Strange (which would of been amazing)