• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
The entire world basically ostracized Depp based on unverified claims by his ex-wife because she's a woman... and even now with all the evidence (as in photos, eye witness testimony, audio tapes) proving otherwise, we still have people claiming both sides and let's not jump to conclusions.

I'm becoming increasingly wary of people with agendas to follow.
Going forward it needs to be due process, always.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
The entire world basically ostracized Depp based on unverified claims by his ex-wife because she's a woman... and even now with all the evidence (as in photos, eye witness testimony, audio tapes) proving otherwise, we still have people claiming both sides and let's not jump to conclusions.

Certain circles are fully behind Heard, still.

The current front-page of /r/Deuxmoi (big gossip subreddit) has an article on Heard's "riveting testimony." Fucking gross.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I started watching the trial open minded, years prior when first heard stories thought Depp was awful person and I had at least expected Amber Heard defense to have something much more substantial, the way I kind of see it Depp's got a far greater hurdle in that Heard to me only really needs to prove far less with how severe the abuse was like one incident, but I don't really see that so far. Depps a troubled person sure but I'm leaning far more towards Depp because the audio tapes, depp's finger, most of all police saw nothing significant whether it's injuries or no fight and also the testimony of the Expert witness of Dr Curry. I think expert witness kind of for one side or the other but how much one leans towards the other I think makes the difference and I think Dr Hughes went too far in the defense of Amber with the gender biased language I think several experts watching it even pointed that out, She never saw anything first hand but reporting what Amber told her. That to me was enough to rule her out. The other aspect which was the knife gift how they were distancing themselves from it, this was during the time abuse was alleged to have happened. All the talk about being hit in the head, blood splattering but no photographs of the scene, or her face which should have been one of the easier things to take a picture of. There's just so much events described but really nothing backing them so far. No video, no audio no picture, not a witness so far especially when from what I understand the tapes comes from Amber Heard? So it's not like she was not documenting these events. Just that so far they seem to prove the opposite?

Jayde Six

Feb 2, 2019
Depp would need to win something legal before they feel its "safe" to paint Heard as the abuser, especially given the current era we're in.

One would hope, but almost every time Gary Oldman is nominated for an award there will be at least one "news" site talking about how he was arrested for domestic abuse and shouldn't be praised, even though he was cleared of any wrong doing and awarded sole custody of his kids, who now older have asked for websites to stop. They still do though.

NexusCell

Nov 2, 2017
I fucking hate how all these Twitter progressives are trying to cite the UK trial as "infallible proof" of Depp's guilt when there were so many issues with the court case.

Funny how the Justice System is suddenly infallible for Twitter progressives when it supports their cause. Guess that means that nobody should ever dispute a court ruling. Wonder it that mentality applies to the Rittenhouse trial or the US Supreme Court?

I'm just tired of the hypocrisy.

MathChief

Feb 2, 2020
I fucking hate how all these Twitter progressives are trying to cite the UK trial as "infallible proof" of Depp's guilt when there were so many issues with the court case.

Funny how the Justice System is suddenly infallible for Twitter progressives when it supports their cause. Guess that means that nobody should ever dispute a court ruling. Wonder it that mentality applies to the Rittenhouse trial or the US Supreme Court?

A simple rebuttal would be the new evidence of AH's allegedly 3.5m donation to ACLU and LA Children's hospital is actually 0.35m, and AH timed the op-ed aligning with Aquaman's premiere, which was not brought up in the UK trial.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
a big criticism of this trial is the spectacle of it all. While I agree that that's obviously jarring and leaves a bad taste in your mouth, i think it's pretty much an inevitability. it was always going to be the case in a world where celebrities are treated in the way that they are.

Twitter progressives, aka terminally online people will literally take any stance as long as it's different than the one that "libz" or just most people are taking. You'll see they are the same people saying that Ukraine needs to just surrender to Russia.

NexusCell

Nov 2, 2017
a big criticism of this trial is the spectacle of it all. While I agree that that's obviously jarring and leaves a bad taste in your mouth, i think it's pretty much an inevitability. it was always going to be the case in a world where celebrities are treated in the way that they are.

Twitter progressives, aka terminally online people will literally take any stance as long as it's different than the one that "libz" or just most people are taking. You'll see they are the same people saying that Ukraine needs to just surrender to Russia.
I mean its not just the usual Twitter suspects that are constantly holding water for Heard. There are a bunch of left aligned content creators who are refuse to look past the UK court case and constantly use the verdict as a sign of Depp's guilt. It's almost as if they are afraid of "losing" the culture war regarding #MeToo and #BelieveWomen that they refuse to concede on anything.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I mean its not just the usual Twitter suspects that are constantly holding water for Heard. There are a bunch of left aligned content creators who are refuse to look past the UK court case and constantly use the verdict as a sign of Depp's guilt. It's almost as if they are afraid of "losing" the culture war regarding #MeToo and #BelieveWomen that they refuse to concede on anything.

This really goes the other way too though. There's an entire cottage industry of right-wing youtubers that is attempting to monetize the shit out of this. And it isn't just the usual suspects. It's also a lot of so-called "Law Tube," consisting of lawyers who creamed themselves when the Roe v Wade ruling leaked, because they think it's a good thing.

These aren't your allies. Too many misogynists are way too into this for very obvious reasons so just be wary of where you're going to get informed on this trial. It's far more intensified here because Depp has a legitimate case for being abused, so they feel a lot more vindicated about it all. But there are a whole lot of bad faith actors and grifters out there.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017

I've come up with a saying that I hope catches on. Innocent until proven guilty. Take accusations seriously? Absolutely. Listen? Of course.

NexusCell

Nov 2, 2017
I've come up with a saying that I hope catches on. Innocent until proven guilty. Take accusations seriously? Absolutely. Listen? Of course.
But T-800 don't you know that "Innocent until Proven Guilty" only applies to the court system? It has nothing to do with the "Court of Public Opinion".

I can't count how many times I've heard that statement.

NexusCell

Nov 2, 2017
But people are stupid. I get what you're saying though but I don't think the current catch phrases are helpful.

I'll leave it at that. Appreciate your response though.
Nah I agree with you. I'm basically saying that plenty of people have tried to justify dogpiling of individuals (both famous and non-famous) by stating that the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" only applies to court cases, and therefore any accusations or statements made against an individual can automatically be 100% assumed as true because of trends or something. I've seen the exact statement I made in my previous post repeated countless times in this forum in response to plenty of accusations, some which turn out to be true, but others that turn out to be false or overexaggerated.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
Nah I agree with you. I'm basically saying that plenty of people have tried to justify dogpiling of individuals (both famous and non-famous) by stating that the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" only applies to court cases, and therefore any accusations or statements made against an individual can automatically be 100% assumed as true because of trends or something. I've seen the exact statement I made in my previous post repeated countless times in this forum in response to plenty of accusations, some which turn out to be true, but others that turn out to be false or overexaggerated.

You weren't supposed to see that post as I deleted it after reading your post again. I didn't understand it for some reason the first time I read it and felt a bit silly when I read it again. You were too quick. :)

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
I watched this pretty much from the week since Depp was on stand. And while i'm not in any side, Depp clearly seems more believable during his testimony than Amber. Even evidence wise, he def have some worthy proofs and etc.

Amber is been a bit of a show off (if i can call that) and i think that isn't help her either. From the number of relates she tolds, the evidence attached are a bit to low, no? Even Johnny got witnesses telling about bruises and etc. While we didn't reach that point yet for amber. Both was toxic to each other, but Johnny seems like was mostly verbal wise.

I Said mostly because if i'm not missing, have a audio of him telling he headbutted her. She tells on that like "you broke my nose" and he tells "i hit you in the forehead" something around this lines.

I don't how this going to unroll from now on but i don't see many chances on Ambers side. but anyway, i'm not an expert, just my 2cents.

*Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my native.

Last edited:

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I watched this pretty much from the week since Depp was on stand. And while i'm not in any side, Depp clearly seems more believable during his testimony than Amber. Even evidence wise, he def have some worthy proofs and etc.

Amber is been a bit of a show off (if i can call that) and i think that isn't help her either. From the number of relates she tolds, the evidence attached are a bit to low, no? Even Johnny got witnesses telling about bruises and etc. While we didn't reach that point yet for amber. Both was toxic to each other, but Johnny seems like was mostly verbal wise.

I Said mostly because if i'm not missing, have a audio of him telling he headbutted her. She tells on that like "you broke my nose" and he tells "i hit you in the forehead" something around this lines.

I don't how this going to unroll from now on but i don't see many chances on Ambers side. but anyway, i'm not an expert, just my 2cents.

*Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my native.
That was from him restraining her from continuing to him. She also never had a broken nose.

Mxlegend99

May 20, 2018
It's amazing so many people still think Johnny is guilty or that they're both bad people

All because she came out with accusations which have so far not been proven. In 6 years since they were made we haven't seen any actual evidence of these claims. So far the only evidence of abuse has been by her, and there's a mountain of evidence that proves she has lied in many cases.

Yet despite her being a proven liar, despite it being crystal clear that Johnny was the victim and despite the audio tapes of Amber herself mocking him for "always" trying to run away from fights and telling him to tell the world that he's a victim of domestic abuse and see who believes him. It just blows my mind that anyone can be both siding this or flat out on her side when Johnny Depp is quiet clearly the victim.

Being Male does not mean that he can't be the victim. Or that he has no right to defend himself as the victim.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Edit: Never mind what I posted before. I should continue stay in the Gaming Forum. I stand by my take that after the hours and hours I have watch this trial, I can not side with either of them.

Last edited:

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I am not a fan of either part but the Internet and especially YouTube is pretty much on the side of Depp, because haha he is so funny. I don't think he is though. Nothing of what I have heard from either part makes me go "hell yeah, let's go team Johnny!" like reading the Internet would suggest. I think both are not good human beings with all the alcohol and drugs and stuff.

I don't know how he can win this though. Wouldn't it need the jury to be sure that everything she said in the article was a lie? Even if there is some small doubt about what really happened would make him lose this case I would think? It will be really interesting to hear some people that actually back her up (or not).

I am strangely fascinated by all of that. It's like a car crash you can't look away from.

nobody is asking you? nobody is asking anyone to judge these people, but we have a lot of folks who though a lot of deliberation have concluded that they're both bad people, mainly based on nothing at all. vibes. Some logic that Amber wouldn't lie, so Johnny must have done something. These people usually know nothing about the case, or know only the verdict of the first closed trial.

Nobody is asking people to go on to the internet and pick a side. Maybe read some of the facts of the case before you feel like you need to do or(most importantly) say anything.

My advice, if you really want to engage in the conversation, get off this page and go back to the front of the thread and don't return until you've read every post.

Nov 3, 2017

I am not a fan of either part but the Internet and especially YouTube is pretty much on the side of Depp, because haha he is so funny. I don't think he is though. Nothing of what I have heard from either part makes me go "hell yeah, let's go team Johnny!" like reading the Internet would suggest. I think both are not good human beings with all the alcohol and drugs and stuff.

I don't know how he can win this though. Wouldn't it need the jury to be sure that everything she said in the article was a lie? Even if there is some small doubt about what really happened would make him lose this case I would think? It will be really interesting to hear some people that actually back her up (or not).

I am strangely fascinated by all of that. It's like a car crash you can't look away from.
Social media opinion wont matter at the end the day. It's wether Amber lied about her accusations.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not a fan of people that are giving hot takes about both sides after all the evidence we have seen and has been posted in a 50 page topic.

Arde5643

May 3, 2022
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Point of Comparison; Account in Junior Phase
I'm not saying she's not lying but do all you believe johnny is some angel that hasn't been abusive at all?
You'd go well with the folks who claim George Floyd was no angel.

Edit: some of the "both sides" rethoric are very similar to excuses after a police shooting event - wait for evidence even though it's very clear cut case.

But yeah, regardless of who wins this, fuck the Sun and fuck Amber Heard - they did a good job in destroying support for DV victims (both male and female victims).

Last edited:

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
Makes me sick knowing we have to sit out at least ten days now, before any kind of justice comes up to rip off her testimony and to expose all of her inconsistencies and blatant lies she put out in the world right now.

I really, REALLY, hope cross-examination is going heavy on her and is ripping apart every detail. At least social media is going full force on her already, disproving a lot of her statements. There's SO much inconsistency, it's unbelievable. Her photos in particular, compared with her appearences only one day after, are hilarious. I'm feeling really sorry for all, who experienced DV and put out their stories (even with pictures of them), showing their injuries. Compare these to AH and it's nothing less than laughable on AH side.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Makes me sick knowing we have to sit out at least ten days now, before any kind of justice comes up to rip off her testimony and to expose all of her inconsistencies and blatant lies she put out in the world right now.

I really, REALLY, hope cross-examination is going heavy on her and is ripping apart every detail. At least social media is going full force on her already, disproving a lot of her statements. There's SO much inconsistency, it's unbelievable. Her photos in particular, compared with her appearences only one day after, are hilarious. I'm feeling really sorry for all, who experienced DV and put out their stories (even with pictures of them), showing their injuries. Compare these to AH and it's nothing less than laughable on AH side.
Shame the places where most people will read or see anything on this case are seemingly firm on Heard's side.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen many people thinking that Depp is shitty or guilty on social media since this trial started. Here on this site by a few miserable people trying to stir the pot, sure, but by and large I think Depp's name is cleared and I do think he will win this case. Which considering everything from this trial that has been presented so far is completely deserved.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Edit: Never mind what I posted before. I should continue stay in the Gaming Forum. I stand by my take that after the hours and hours I have watch this trial, I can not side with either of them.
If that's your take after hours and hours of watching then you need to take a time out and examine your biases. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
what was the evidence on which the judge in the UK trial based his verdict? Only Heard's testimony?
I assume that the same evidence/witness statements (if there are any) would have been submitted to this trial so far but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
what was the evidence on which the judge in the UK trial based his verdict? Only Heard's testimony?
I assume that the same evidence/witness statements (if there are any) would have been submitted to this trial so far but that doesn't seem to be the case.
He based his verdict on family members of his working for The Sun, which Depp claimed help facilitate the "wife beater" allegations Heard made.

Or in other words, it was a sham.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well good riddance. You're standing by a take blaming a victim and then running cause you can't even defend it. It's ironic that you think that is standing by it. If you just take a shit and leave did you stand by it? Cause its pretty much all you did

Last edited:

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying she's not lying but do all you believe johnny is some angel that hasn't been abusive at all?
Fuck outa here. No one is saying hes an Angel the dudes had drug and alcohol problems sure, has he been abusive? Verbally it seems, its yet to be shown by Amber Heard's side if it has been outside of retaliation after being the subject of abuse from her.

that's just the reality of the situation that they both suck
No the reality of the situation here is one of these people has been shown via evidence that they have cut their partners finger off, shit on their bed, and physically abused them on multiple occasions while the other has been shown to be drunk, high, avoiding conflict, yelling and assaulting furniture.

Hmm I wonder where the scales go here defs equal out don't they. /s

Heard recorded their life for years it seems and has yet to produce a recording that shows Depp be physical against her I'm not sure how that hasn't sunk in with some people yet.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
Has any eye witness corroborated Amber Heard's accounts of Depp's violence? I'm trying to keep an open mind here, but it seems like there's a lot of fire with no smoke, if that makes sense. Had Depp been abusive, surely someone else would have attested to that from personal experience. Maybe not, I don't know.

Last edited:

Arde5643

May 3, 2022
Has any eye witness corroborated Amber Heard's accounts of Depp's violence? I'm trying to keep an open mind here, but it seems like there's a lot of fire with no smoke, if that makes sense. Had Depp been abusive, surely someone else would have attested to that from personal experience. Maybe not, I don't know.
I think the most damning and maybe there's a reason why they're not included in any of the evidences yet, but if you check all interviews with Depp's past relationships - no one has any allegation of any sort of him being violent, in fact outright rejecting the notion that he's an abuser.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
that's just the reality of the situation that they both suck

You should probably do some introspection on why you think someone "sucking" without any actual evidence of serious wrongdoing on their part, justifies domestic abuse against them.

Until then, consider staying out of this thread. Folks here don't need to see you victim-blaming the victims of domestic abuse.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
the people both siding this make me just mad

"oh no, JD did drugs and drank! he clearly is on the same level as a physical (and i guess emotional) abuser!"
"he's no saint!"

just....urgh

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Knew the "both sides" lot would pipe up again as soon as Amber's testimony started and continue to ignore evidence in favour of victim blaming and pushing their agenda that the man cannot possibly be the victim. We'll be seeing a lot more of it before the end, I'm already seeing publications try to twist the narrative and do the same thing. And they can all fuck off equally.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Looks like I missed a lot of action yesterday. I just saw the early part and then stopped because it was getting late here. And honestly, it's for the better. I don't know if I could have dealt with it. I saw some parts on YouTube afterwards and something stands out to me, she did NOT experience many of the horrible things she mentioned. From experience, when I tell my story of being abused, it feels very different. The tears come easily, you have issues talking about it, it's hard to look at others when talking sometimes, you talk more slowly to recall how things went etc. And that's with abuse that is not as bad as she's describing! She has also been gathering lots of evidence that is not really strong. It should be easy to gather better evidence and take pictures of actual wounds. Yet we have none so far.

For many of us, it is clear cut. I just hope the jury sees this too. I'm really worried of how they're taking it. Is the jury allowed to read about this online? Are they aware of all the lies that we spoke about before? The media seems to be taking her side, which is scary too. I don't know if the media can affect the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.