• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone think Trump and the Republicans are going to swing the results? I mean, at this point, Biden won?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Easier pay day with no worries about future elections? A lot of Senators left senate for the cabinet in the past. Sessions just did it. She wouldn't need to do what Republican leaders (and Trump) tell her to anymore either. Those are the main reasons.

But she's in there for another 6 years now, whereas if she took a Cabinet position, she'd have to worry about potentially being out in 4. And she apparently doesn't worry too much about what Trump and company want her to do, since she has broken with them a couple of times and still got re-elected.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Biden won, but the Republicans can still steal it.

Anyone think Trump and the Republicans are going to swing the results? I mean, at this point, Biden won?

At this point, the court cases don't seem likely to win, but there may be a very small chance to delay certification which would send it to congress.

The other risk are faithless electors not giving Biden enough electoral votes to win, also then sending it to congress for a Trump win.

Both chances are low, but I will not rest easy until the electors vote in December.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I keep doing my best to give Greenwald the benefit of the doubt because of his work with Snowden and in Brazil, but this is just so disingenuous.

If he really and truly believes that there is a parallel between Flynn and what Biden's campaign is doing then I'm sorry, but dude is dumb as fuck.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
This suit in PA about stopping the certification makes me nervous as hell, I'll admit. Especially with the margin in AZ ever-shrinking.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I have an odd idea. I don't know about Maine politics enough but is it possible if Biden put Collins in some less significant cabinet position and she took it that Democrats would then be able to take that seat in the Senate and keep it in a special election? Maine went easily to Biden, the governor is a Democrat who would appoint the new senator and the Democrat won pretty comfortably in the second district (the Republican one that just voted for Trump again).

It won't happen. Collins recognizes that she has much more power as a veteran senator in an incredibly safe state than she would in a presidential administration. A Biden presidency with a slim R majority is perfect for her, because Democrats are going to be courting her as the key swing vote on a lot of legislation and she'll be able to negotiate something favorable for her constituency because she's going to be that flippable vote. Susan Collins, Ben Sasse, and Mitt Romney end up becoming the three most powerful senators in the country, despite being outside of the ideological norm of their party.

Similar, Joe Manchin has never left West Virginia because he's a safe Democrat in a Republican state, which makes him one of the most powerful members of the senate.

Also Susan Collins just has to be riding super high. Maine is going to go like +10 for Biden, and yet she won easily against "the perfect opponent" (like, an opponent that seemed to be perfectly crafted to beat her). As frustrating as it is for us, that's a strong show of approval from voters in her state.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Biden won, but the Republicans can still steal it.

At this point, the court cases don't seem likely to win, but there may be a very small chance to delay certification which would send it to congress.

The other risk are faithless electors not giving Biden enough electoral votes to win, also then sending it to congress for a Trump win.

Both chances are low, but I will not rest easy until the electors vote in December.
At this point, I'm more concerned with open conflict due to a clear power grab rather than any sort of manipulation. I'm not terribly concerned about that even, but I'm more concerned with that than the fact that any "legal" efforts actually work.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This suit in PA about stopping the certification makes me nervous as hell, I'll admit. Especially with the margin in AZ ever-shrinking.

Biden will take AZ and PA. No judge is going to allow a stoppage with no proof of any wrong doing. Just like the many lawsuit he did before the election.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That piece of shit Manchin is part of the electoral uphill battle Dems face, as his existence means they need one more seat.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Whatever happens, there is no way Biden is moving in on January 20... the whole place needs to be sanitized and aired and disinfected.

I'm sure they'll be finding McDonald's wrappers for weeks after he leaves.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Manchin is the WV Senator, he has to be a Dixiecrat or else they will vote his ass out. lol
Manchin, Senator from Trump's best state, a year after the closest race, voted for Trump's impeachment.

I remember when Manchin threatened to switch parties in 2014 if Rs took back the Senate. They did, kept it, and he didn't. I remember when he was thinking about endorsing Trump and then a few months later he voted to remove Trump from office. He's a Reverse-Collins and it's crazy people can sniff the bullshit off her but not on him.

Hell, at least Collins's fake moderate bullshit inadvertently helped stop the ACA repeal, I don't think Manchin would ever fuck up like that on a clutch vote.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I keep doing my best to give Greenwald the benefit of the doubt because of his work with Snowden and in Brazil, but this is just so disingenuous.

If he really and truly believes that there is a parallel between Flynn and what Biden's campaign is doing then I'm sorry, but dude is dumb as fuck.

Reading through that he just out and out makes things up to support his narrative. At least the Intercept required some evidence of those conclusions BEFORE you reach them.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
the scariest thing is how unwilling those people are to accept the defeat, and that Trump is still in power and actually appears to be trying to steal the elections for him.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Manchin, Senator from Trump's best state, a year after the closest race, voted for Trump's impeachment.

I remember when Manchin threatened to switch parties in 2014 if Rs took back the Senate. They did, kept it, and he didn't. I remember when he was thinking about endorsing Trump and then a few months later he voted to remove Trump from office. He's a Reverse-Collins and it's crazy people can sniff the bullshit off her but not on him.

Hell, at least Collins's fake moderate bullshit inadvertently helped stop the ACA repeal, I don't think Manchin would ever fuck up like that on a clutch vote.
It's true. I think it's not impossible that if it came down to it he would vote for D.C. and PR statehood. And if we can't get rid of the filibuster, we can change how the filibuster works to make it irrelevant.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
when will these remaining trump lawsuits be looked at/thrown out? i still can't figure this out. if there's no evidence, a judge should look at it today and say "there's no evidence goodbye don". with these things threatening the state of the election and the stability of the country you'd think they'd be taken up pretty rapidly, right?

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Manchin on CNN saying he won't vote for ending the filibuster, expanding the courts, DC statehood, probably PR statehood.

See you all in 2022.

I mean, what's the context here? This is an easy, and safe, thing to say right now when it's more likely than not that the GOP holds the Senate and won't be bringing these things up for a vote anyway. Come back when the GA runoffs go in our favor and it's an actual question.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Y'all misunderstand Manchin. He's as blue as you're gonna get in that area. What he says vs. what he does when it comes to a "in case of emergency, break glass." Situation are very different.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
when will these remaining trump lawsuits be looked at/thrown out? i still can't figure this out. if there's no evidence, a judge should look at it today and say "there's no evidence goodbye don". with these things threatening the state of the election and the stability of the country you'd think they'd be taken up pretty rapidly, right?
I read through the PA lawsuit and spoke with a couple of lawyer friends and they said the case is completely meritless - they make a lot of statements with no hard evidence- it's a series of "well this could have happened" scenarios. When suing the burden of evidence is on the party filing the lawsuit.

They tried to claim an unfair two-tiered system- however, a two-tiered system implies that one party has no access to one of the tiers when it is simply not the case. Trump's own words can be used against Trump's team as well as he was the one telling people to avoid mail-in voting- so the damage is self-inflicted.

I would imagine that a lot of the lawyers writing these lawsuits are not happy to be a part of them.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
California's 25th district is flipping back to blue again looks like. 99% counted, the Democrat is ahead of the Republican incumbent who got elected in the special election replacing Katie Hill after her 'scandal'. Most of the count, the Republican was ahead now it's the Democrat again with 1300ish votes. This means LA county is back to being all blue districts. Too bad CA 21, 39 and 48 have all flipped from blue to red in tight races. Democrat majority in the House is looking a little better by flipping back 25 though.
which means that even the purported 'routing" in the House is not nearly as bad as once thought. Again, people fell right into the red mirage shit.

Debunking all fraud claims - the Twitter megathread

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
On what basis can Biden's team sue for resources? No state has certified any results yet. Yes it was customary in the past but it's hard to imagine being able to legally enforce it without at least vote certifications.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

You mean like plotting the kidnapping of people on U.S. soil and surrendering them to foreign tyrants?

No?

Then shut the fuck up.

bluepolicebox

Oct 27, 2017
I have an odd idea. I don't know about Maine politics enough but is it possible if Biden put Collins in some less significant cabinet position and she took it that Democrats would then be able to take that seat in the Senate and keep it in a special election? Maine went easily to Biden, the governor is a Democrat who would appoint the new senator and the Democrat won pretty comfortably in the second district (the Republican one that just voted for Trump again).

It's worth noting that our congressman here in ME-2, Jared Golden, is a former marine and gun owner who leaned heavily on these two factors in his advertising when he was running for his first term two years ago. A veteran who supports the second amendment in a state with a lot of hunters has bipartisan appeal. He hides his liberalness well in his ads.

Sara Gideon is from out of state and currently lives on the coast. She doesn't have any of the characteristics that attract rural conservative Maine voters like Golden does. Collins played up her "I'm a county girl" angle hard in the campaign.

We're stuck with Collins for another six years. Hopefully she retires at that point.