• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Probably better to frame this as "not currently composing TES 6". It's so early on in pre-pro from the sounds of it, I doubt they've talked to anyone about composing music.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I had the impression that The Elder Scrolls VI is so far out that it will probably be years before Bethesda needs to consider who the composer would be.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
200w.gif

(i know Soule is somewhat a dick but his music shaped the last 16 years of my life, an Elder Scroll without him would feel weird)

And yeah, they still have time to bring him on board.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is like 5 years off, of course he wouldn't be involved at this stage.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"currently am not" is not the same as "will not"

These are entirely different statements.

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TES 6 is like, 5 years out minimum in my own estimation. Why would anyone commit to a job that is so far away? More like 8 years if we are unlucky.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love his work on the series, but it's probably a bit too soon for him to be involved anyway considering that Starfield still needs to be wrapped up before TES6 goes into full production. I would love to see what Inon Zur could do with TES after hearing his great work on Fallout.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tweaked the title a little to clarify that Soule currently isn't involved with TES VI.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Seeing how they are years away from shipping, them not having a composer yet is hardly surprising. So that is a bit misleading.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, we're still 3-4 years away minimum, right? Bethesda would be absolutely nuts not to bring Soule aboard for ES6

Then again, reading his posts in the comments below that, he said he was very involved in the early processes of Skyrim. So, who knows what Bethesda will do. I have so many doubts Bethesda themselves can still pull off an Elder Scrolls that's going to match the massive hype machine.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
I mean, we're still 3-4 years away minimum, right? Bethesda would be absolutely nuts not to bring Soule aboard for ES6

Then again, reading his posts in the comments below that, he said he was very involved in the early processes of Skyrim. So, who knows what Bethesda will do. I have so many doubts Bethesda themselves can still pull off an Elder Scrolls that's going to match the massive hype machine.

I'd say 2021 Starfield, 2023 TES 6 at best. So yeah, 4 years minimum.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure music isn't incorporated until around the Alpha stage of production so that the composer has a general idea of the tone of the game. Then there's any cutscenes that may need to be synced to a composition.

I doubt ES6 is anywhere near that at this moment in time. So the likelihood of him being involved at the moment isn't shocking.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
As others have said, TES6 exists as nothing more than the trailer you've all seen, and a few doodles in Todd's latest notebook. It's far too early to get a composer on board. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if even Starfield's lead composer hasn't been 100% confirmed yet (please be Marty O'Donnell).

a2e3dd3de9845b06d54558d31b10bd88_original.png

Also worth noting, you shouldn't be bothered if Soule gets ignored anyway. After the success of Skyrim he started a Kickstarter for an album called the Northerner: Soule Symphony Number 1. He asked for $10k and raised over $120k. Estimated delivery was 2013. He took that $120k and poured it all into a new startup trying to create a tech successor to the MIDI sound format instead. The album has never been released. He ignored backers and hired an agency to correspond with them in his place, who were so bad at it they even copy/pasted comments from fans pretending to be from Soule, in the few times they ever posted updates at all. Soule himself seems to have wiped his hands clean of the project long ago as, and I shit you not about this, he has now started a Patreon to fund personal music writing. This guy has no shame. He used his TES fame to bleed his fans for their cash, spent it on something completely different to what he promised them, and is now asking for more of their cash on Patreon. Losing out on TES6 is what he deserves.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Skyrim soundtrack is absolutely amazing. Hopefulley tgey get him on board.
An ES game without him as composer would hit me hard. Surviving a near death car accident inspired the music he composed for Oblivion. There so many incredible tracks from these games that I only need to hear a few notes to immediately take me back to how I felt playing them.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
To be fair, i don't think anyone other than the guys that did that E3 teaser us working on anything related with Elder Scrolls 6 then & since...

if i have to guess, all hands are on deck to fix Fallout 76 and also Starfield.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think it just shows that the development of TES6 is in very early stages. Which would be crazy... how the hell do you not start (seriously) working on a new TES game for so many years given Skyrim's enormous success?

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
The audio director of BGS Mark Lampert, said in a NoClip documentary, that Bethesda start working with the composer super early to shape the game along with the music.
So if he's not been called..

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I'd assume this is just because of how far out the game is. Far Horizons is one of my favourite pieces in video games, always takes me back to the game if I hear it.

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think it just shows that the development of TES6 is in very early stages. Which would be crazy... how the hell do you not start (seriously) working on a new TES game for so many years given Skyrim's enormous success?
Because Bethesda have other projects. Bethesda is a company that has been around for a long time, they are not about pumping out sequels. And when they tried to pump a game out quickly, we end up with Fallout 76.
They don't work on it yet because, as they explained it, the next generation console is needed to do what they wanted to do. That is, unless you want TES6 to be a PC exclusive. And Bethesda is earning too much money from consoles to do that.