• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sushigod7

Oct 26, 2017
As others have said, TES6 exists as nothing more than the trailer you've all seen, and a few doodles in Todd's latest notebook. It's far too early to get a composer on board. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if even Starfield's lead composer hasn't been 100% confirmed yet (please be Marty O'Donnell).

Also worth noting, you shouldn't be bothered if Soule gets ignored anyway. After the success of Skyrim he started a Kickstarter for an album called the Northerner: Soule Symphony Number 1. He asked for $10k and raised over $120k. Estimated delivery was 2013. He took that $120k and poured it all into a new startup trying to create a tech successor to the MIDI sound format instead. The album has never been released. He ignored backers and hired an agency to correspond with them in his place, who were so bad at it they even copy/pasted comments from fans pretending to be from Soule, in the few times they ever posted updates at all. Soule himself seems to have wiped his hands clean of the project long ago as, and I shit you not about this, he has now started a Patreon to fund personal music writing. This guy has no shame. He used his TES fame to bleed his fans for their cash, spent it on something completely different to what he promised them, and is now asking for more of their cash on Patreon. Losing out on TES6 is what he deserves.

I came to post this as soon as I saw his name pop up. Being part of that KS turned me off from that site in general. They investigated it and found nothing wrong with it I guess. After years of waiting they started giving out refunds. I remember one story of a guy who spent his graduation money from HS (he aspired to be a composer) to one of the highest levels I think around $2500 to be in the studio with Jeremy. After years of emailing and posting nobody contacted him he said it was starting to effect his relationship with his family they freaked out at him spending all that money. I wouldn't support anything this thief is a part of.

edit: People on Pateron are paying him almost 1k a month right now?? WTF I can't believe it.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Last edited:

Sushigod7

Oct 26, 2017
I still have access to the KS comments some people requested a refund over a year ago finally got them recently. Some are speculating he is using Pateron to fund his "refunds" for the KS. Sounds about right I agree also sounds like a journalist is researching the history of the project for a story. Hope that happens they have plenty of material.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
I know this is off-topic but I would love it if he somehow got to work on a Harry Potter game again now that a new one is coming out, his work on the old licensed games was amazing.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
It's not even in full production. Of course he isn't involved yet. I don't see that game releasing till 2023 at the earliest.

Boomchil

Nov 1, 2017
France
Wow. I've just made some research on him after reading that he's a dick and yes in fact it's almost being too nice.

Among all the things I read, the worst one is without a doubt making an analogy between the Holocaust and people who pirate music (the Jews being the content creators). Wow.

I feel bad now because I really like his music but now I sincerely hope he doesn't make it to TES VI. After all there are many other fantastic music writers out there.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game doesnt exist and we wont be playing it for anotheg 6-8 years so no reason to get excited. Its crazy to me that after the success if skyrim they are willing to let the main elder scrolls series stay dormant for what will probably be like 13 years by the time elder scrolls 6 comes out

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Of course he's currently not involved with TES6 - barely anyone at Beth is right now, other than conceptual work. It's way too early to bring a composer on board.

I don't think a lot of people here are aware of just how far away this game is. Like, even 2022 is a pretty damn optimistic guess.