kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017

source.gif

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
If there is an event in early June, the announcement from Sony isn't far off. How about we just wait instead of having meltdowns over tweets that may or may not mean anything?

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to dig through posts from January on here

and Idk what thread titles they'd be under since it has been sometime

but I do know we had a post saying we might get an article about launch games

then we had posts being negative about it

followed by him not wanting to do said article anymore

again I said there could be more to it and be due to another reason

but people being mean did happen
yeah, it wasnt only about the article, just console warring that he didnt want to be part of.

Xanfrabot

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That article sure is vague. According to Jeff Grubb, Sony may or may not have an event on early June. And they may or may not show first party and third party games. Maybe they show more, maybe they show less. But all of this is subject to change.

Give me a break.
VNB8.gif

I don't doubt that he knows something (maybe), but... Yeah, he's just looking for attention. He's not getting more clicks from me.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a whole lot of nothing...
back to square one with June

It appears the only thing Jeff said that was true is that he has no clue whats gonna happened after GoT State of Play...
He's probably like us just getting info on a moment to moment basis.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure Era will have a reasonable reaction to this that doesn't at all make it clear why so many people in the industry think of this place as a cesspool!

I don't doubt that he knows something (maybe), but... Yeah, he's just looking for attention.

He's a reporter. Like, reporting on the upcoming happenings of the business is literally his job.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That article sure is vague. According to Jeff Grubb, Sony may or may not have an event on early June. And they may or may not show first party and third party games. Maybe they show more, maybe they show less. But all of this is subject to change.

Give me a break.
VNB8.gif

I don't doubt that he knows something (maybe), but... Yeah, he's just looking for attention. He's not getting more clicks from me.
Lord. I suppose this is one way to spin things when you don't agree with what's being said.

Oct 25, 2017

Give me a break.
VNB8.gif

Y'all are acting like children.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Did Sony ever formally announce a date, or is this "they are moving the date!" from internal leaks?

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
Because MS showed how much of a big deal it was when they DIDN'T have the marketing deals and plainly started losing them.

destiny-cologne-xbox-microsoft.png

Something like that is begging for it to become console war ammo
I'm not even tripping anymore. The wars will never not be a thing. Resetera is supposed to be neutral ground tho....Twitter is the frontlines.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

Give me a break.
VNB8.gif

A pandemic is going on and things are going to change all the time. I don't think expressing disdain for reporters trying to make sense of things is the best reaction. Grubb gave a better idea of where things are currently headed and his frequent updates are helpful to gamers thirsty for new information.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
What I am having a little hard time wrapping my head around is that according to the article by moving the event a few days around some 3rd party games may not present their games at the reveal anymore, then why would Sony move the date of the event? seems counterproductive!

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Era will have a reasonable reaction to this that doesn't at all make it clear why so many people in the industry think of this place as a cesspool!

He's a reporter. Like, reporting on the upcoming happenings of the business is literally his job.

It definitely gives off an ice effect. Why bother when you're just going to get immense hate for being a little late or be disparaged as an attention seeker when you finally do provide some news?

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I guess even with these digital events things come down the wire when being finished. Even with the GoT State of Play they stated i the blog they were putting the finishing touches on it and that "the current cut is around 18 minutes" so it seemed even then they weren't fully sure how long it would end up being.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I'm not even tripping anymore. The wars will never not be a thing. Resetera is supposed to be neutral ground tho....Twitter is the frontlines.

That post was meant to show how MS was encouraging these marketing deals to be used as console war ammo, that is all. I removed it is being taken the wrong way

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the point now where I consider their strategy to be weird.

Xbox to have 2 events, in the time Sony has one? C'mon.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just say English is not my first language. I was trying to not be very harsh (and apparently failed) xD.

I understand lol.

With that said, I just wanna say, keep in mind the situation. Jeff is a reporter, he's been accurate about a few things, especially these past few weeks.

Its his job to report things. He reported something he heard, now he's hearing the date is shifting somewhat. Its not his fault we are thirsty as fuck and desperate for anything. Its not his fault COVID-19 happened and everyones plans changed, and are still changing.

Insulting him for simply reporting the date he heard, and hearing the date is shifting slightly, seems overly aggressive.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You guys expect someone who is willing to put his name out there to leak every single detail he knows. WTF...

Oct 27, 2017
What I am having a little hard time wrapping my head around is that according to the article by moving the event a few days around some 3rd party games may not present their games at the reveal anymore, then why would Sony move the date of the event? seems counterproductive!
Yea a little bit more context in the reporting would be appreciated.