• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of PS5 games? I read that twitter thread to mean there will be a lot of Playstation games, some of which will be PS5 hopefully.
Their third party marketed games like RE8 and CoD will definitely be cross-gen, but after Ghost of Tsushima Sony is probably done with the PS4, except for maybe MLB The Show next year.

Remember, this is supposed to be the big PS5 event. I doubt PS4 will be even mentioned.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Man, June 4th is still so far away, or at least it feels so with the goddamned lockdown.

Jan 20, 2019
Bloodborne-2.jpg

It's coming!

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill + Demon's Souls Remake + REVIII legit beats the "Year of Dreams" big three in terms of personal hype.

Bonus points for FFXVI, but I'm not expecting that to be revealed for another year or two.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Also if SH ain't here then it's dead as disco.

Not necessarily (although a lot of my hopes will be dashed).
Supposedly it's only been in development for a year or a little more, so even three months of COVID production delay might delay its reveal. KatharsisT seems pretty damn confident it'll be there. 🤷‍♂️

Could RE8 be a crossgen launch title?

DuskGolem has said yes- it's cross gen, but not a launch game (supposed to release early 2021).

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Reading this thread and thinking of the doom and gloom surrounding Cerny's presentation, how it was an enormous marketing blunder and Sony wouldn't recover from it.

As I predicted, everybody's moved on from that and in three weeks it will be a distant memory.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Something between predictions, guesses and thoughts:

Opens with Metal Gear Remake - Remake of PS1 classic Metal Gear Solid from Bluepoint games - much larger in scope and is not just a technical upgrade. Available at launch

Cuts straight to GT Sport OR GT Prologue - looks amazing - raytracing is a big focus. Available at launch

Next - Godfall gameplay demo. Available at launch.

Next, PS5 will have over 100 titles available at launch, including PS4 titles which have received upgrade patches or ports.

Biggest 3rd party launch line up ever. Shows image of partners.

First 3rd party launch game - Watch Dogs Legion (crossgen).

Next, Resident Evil 8 and finally Batman! Both crossgen.

A montage of other launch titles and updated titles is shown: includes Fifa, Assassins Creed Valhalla, CoD: Blops 5, Dirt 5 the usuals..

Introducing Playstation Master Collection - Last of Us 1/2, The Last Guardian/SoC, God of War, Spiderman, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima will all receive PS5 upgraded versions, free patch for those who own them. These games will start releasing at launch with Ghost of Tsushima and will continue releasing over the course of a year and half or so.

Indie section

Brief section of key features and user interface

Rest of presentation is games coming after launch:

- First, Ratchet and Clank - releases February 2021

- Horizon 2 - releases Summer 2021

- Silent Hill - No date

- Bloodborne 2 - brief teaser no gameplay, no date

- Socom - Q4 2021 - Online tactical co-op gameplay demo shows infiltration of enemy location. Looks amazing.

Fin.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Just give me something Final Fantasy related! XVI would be crazy but I would be excited for 8 Remaster available on PS5.

I'm also hoping for RE8 trailer.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if Sony will go fucking ham and announce tons of games slated through like 2022 and maybe beyond or focus on launch window. Could go either way.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
  • Launch games: Demons' Souls, Ratchet&Clank
  • Launch window games: Housemarque, GT7, Horizon 2
  • Launch year: Silent Hill
  • Some BC improved 1st party titles
  • Some 3rd party current/cross-gen running on PS5: WD Legion, FFVII. COD20, Avengers, Batman, Quantum Error
  • Some next-gen 3rd party: Godfall, Rocksteady, RE8, SE's Luminous IP
Boom.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Dream list of reveals:
- FFVIIR crossbuy - PS5 gameplay shown, teaser for part 2
- Horizon 2
- Resistance reboot w/ more tactical realistic gameplay. Set in modern day dystopia.
- Resident Evil 1 Remake Remake
- Twisted Metal reboot
- Red Dead Redemption remake