Yeul

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way this would be a "remaster" of Origins anyways, come on. That game would have to be a remade and it's not something they would do right now.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
I always thought the "Dreadwolf" title was not great. Confusing to folks who don't know the lore. I expect it's either going to be Dragon Age 4 or just Dragon Age.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Tales of the Dragon Age Tournament Edition: Euclidean Escargot Escapitorium 832+62⅜

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
No, but seriously. What was wrong with "Dragon Age: Dreadwolf"?

Dezpim

Mar 22, 2024
Xbox got all the marketing deals this year. Wonder if Sony are saving for GTA 6.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm doubtful numbering will return as like "Dragon Age 4: Something."

Like yeah it's the 4th game but given it's been 10 years since the 3rd game kind of weird to remind people of that fact and turn them off even more if they haven't played any of the others. So I'm guessing it will be "Dragon Age: Something Else." Highly doubt they'll just go with a straight up "Dragon Age" as the title.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Glad Jason cleaned up that Grubb messy tease. Many would have thought it's a remaster or new spin off.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
No, but seriously. What was wrong with "Dragon Age: Dreadwolf"?
Likely marketing. If it's just "dragon age" then new players will think it's something new, or at the very least something they can jump into without having to play decade+ year old games

It's similar to how EA pushed them into slapping the 2 on Dragon Age… 2. Probably sold them more copies but it set the wrong expectations for what that game ended up being

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Likely marketing. If it's just "dragon age" then new players will think it's something new, or at the very least something they can jump into without having to play decade+ year old games

It's similar to how EA pushed them into slapping the 2 on Dragon Age… 2. Probably sold them more copies but it set the wrong expectations for what that game ended up being
Dreadwolf doesn't really signify it being the fourth game in a series though.

Without any knowledge of the story it just sounds like a cool subtitle.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Tbh I can see them testing the title and seeing consumers think it's some spin off title, so they chose to change it, or even just go with a reboot title "Dragon Age"

Elementje

Dec 26, 2017
You do realize that third party games appear on these shows all the time, usually as a result of who has the co-marketing deal?
Well apparently there is no such deal because it won't be there... I know there are often deals like that but I just don't see the logic in why it should show up at Xbox. It was announced before on The Game Awards and shown at Gamescom. There is no connection with Xbox whatsoever. If we see it again it will be at a bigger event like Summer Game Fest, next Gamescom Opening Night or The Game Awards.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Never played a Dragon Age game and it's one of my biggest gaming sins.

Good to see insiders giving a bullshit tease to some information which was probably given under embargo in order to create content for their weekly grind.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Well apparently there is no such deal because it won't be there... I know there are often deals like that but I just don't see the logic in why it should show up at Xbox. It was announced before on The Game Awards and shown at Gamescom. There is no connection with Xbox whatsoever. If we see it again it will be at a bigger event like Summer Game Fest, next Gamescom Opening Night or The Game Awards.
No it's there. It's just not called Dreadwolf.

TheElderKing

Jul 31, 2020
Dragon Age Dreadwolf won't be at the conference, because , based on what Jason Scheier said on Grubb's tweet, the game title could have changed.

It'd also fit with what Grubb said before about the game being both at 0% and 100% Sunday...the fourth Dragon Age will be shown, but it's not Dreadwolf.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018

intuitively I agree with you, but it's easy to imagine how they might have reached the conclusion that dropping the subtitle altogether would allow them to reach more people. I don't love the decision (assuming that's what's actually happening), but it's the only explanation I can think of

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Dragon Age Dreadwolf won't be at the conference, because , based on what Jason Scheier said on Grubb's tweet, the game title could have changed.

It'd also fit with what Grubb said before about the game being both at 0% and 100% Sunday...the fourth Dragon Age will be shown, but it's not Dreadwolf.
Oh you're right on the latter item, good catch

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
intuitively I agree with you, but it's easy to imagine how they might have reached the conclusion that dropping the subtitle altogether would allow them to reach more people. I don't love the decision (assuming that's what's actually happening), but it's the only explanation I can think of

"We just decided that the abbreviation 'DAD' is bad for SEO."

(and it is, and it would be, so it's probably good if they're changing it)

Saray

Nov 26, 2018
I wish the title change means an universe reboot. 10 years is way too much time for a sequel of a story heavy game.