• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once got so drunk in a nightclub I threw up on the bouncers shoes after he woke me up for falling asleep

I then woke up kerbside outside a gas station with friends looking at me disgusted about 12 miles from home

I don't know how I got home. Never again

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's just something that happens when you hit a certain level of intoxication. Just sounds like you haven't been drunk enough. My friends have legions of stories about the shit I've done while blacked out and I can't remember any of it. Seriously my life in the early 2000's was basically the things Vince Vaughn characters would have monologued about back then.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive never blacked out. But I'm pretty sure I've gotten alcohol poisoning a few times from getting too drunk, so those times I wish I would've blacked out, because being aware during that was NOT fun šŸ¤£

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
God, that's crazy. In situations like that, would you even want to see those experiences first hand? I feel like I'd be too embarrassed.
The short answer is no, I wouldn't. The slightly longer answer is that in those five or so years, only four or five of those times was I told what I acted like, and it was enough to get me to stop drinking entirely.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i usually just stop drinking when i feel like i'm having too much

i drink to feel good, not to be sick

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I black the hell out all the time when I drink. It's become a problem so I'm mostly abstaining from alcohol this year.

Having read a few books and articles on the subject to try and better understand it, it's actually people with higher alcohol tolerance that are more likely to black out, as they will drink faster, and keep drinking in large quantities.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I black the hell out all the time when I drink. It's become a problem so I'm mostly abstaining from alcohol this year.

Having read a few books and articles on the subject to try and better understand it, it's actually people with higher alcohol tolerance that are more likely to black out, as they will drink faster, and keep drinking in large quantities.
Yah this is me, even down to abstaining the year. It's been problematic.

Barls

Oct 25, 2017
I get the spins well before black-out time. Never been black out and I'm ok with that.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never blacked out. I think more people say it to avoid embarrassment or think it makes them sound cool than it really happens to.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I mean I miss some details or things can get hazy but I have never black out been drunk.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
My memory when drinking is pretty terrible in general and gets worse the closer I get to being asleep. I often wonder if it's genetic because my dad has the same issue.

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Trust me, it's not fun lol. I haven't blacked out in like 5 or 6 years, but before that it happened to me all the time in college. Back then I wasn't too good about limiting how much I drank.

The original Four Lokos (before they were banned for a bit and removed from the market to change the recipe) were blackouts in a can. You'd drink like half of a can and feel amazing and then before you know it you're just gone. Definitely a good thing they reworked the recipe on those because the original Four Lokos were dangerous lmao.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I've passed out drunk, many times, but never memory loss blacked out drunk no.

I'm a pretty high functioning alcoholic though, was in the Navy where drinking is half the job.

if I can polish off an entire 24 pack of Bud and half a bottle of Jack Daniels in a night and not black out, I don't want to know what will get me to that point.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I have entire days missing. Not proud of it but yeah. When you go on multiple day benders, you'll hit a point where you black out.

A long time ago I went out on a Friday early in the day and started drinking heavy and I woke up at home Monday morning with no recollection of the entire weekend. That's not a good feeling. I thought it was Saturday morning. When I found out it was Monday I freaked the fuck out.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Ehh, it sucks OP.

Thankfully those days are past me, but those times I could have easilybeen the guy tumbling onto the subway tracks, getting hit by a car etc. Your body is basically on autopilot and you gotta hope you and possibly your minders get home safe.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
actually you know you've had a good night when you go to sleep drunk and wake up the next morning still drunk. Not hungover, still drunk. I last did it about a year ago, after a night of dancing with tequila.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Blacked out once during my 21st. Thankfully I had trusted friends around me to take care of my drunk ass. Make sure you're surrounded by close friends if you intend to get black out drunk!

It was kinda scary waking up and wondering just wtf happened because I couldn't remember anything aside from small glimpses of my friend coaxing me to throw up in a bowl. Apparently they were also drunk and high off their ass and left me in the bathroom. When they remembered to come get me, I was snoozing under the shower lmao.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I blacked out in Vegas before and i felt bad about it because my friends had to drag my ass and carry me around. It's not worth it to get that drunk especially if you are older.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How much did you drink and over how many hours when you got shitfaced drunk?

Speaking as someone who has a tolerance and has still gone blacked out drunk.

Oct 28, 2017
Well I remember my ex wife, me and my brothers all drinking one night. The only thing I remember from that night is a vague image of me in the back seat of my car opening the door and throwing up in a parking lot. The next thing I remember is waking up the next morning not knowing what happened.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Blacking out is why I stopped getting drunk altogether. I remember waking up one day, back in my Army days, and started picking rice out of the vomit that was encrusted around my face. I washed my face, walked out of the latrine, saw my friend in the commons area, (it was his barracks room), and he could barely look at me, seemed ashamed. Then, a very short, very muscular infantryman came up to me, and told me that if I ever did any shit like that again, he'd throw me out the window himself. I was mortified and embarrassed. He was apparently the next door Barracks room resident, and apparently I had an altercation with him the previous night. My buddy then told me that he thought I should just leave, and he was pretty obviously ashamed of me. Been over ten years since then, (this was 2009), I'm still friends with the buddy whose barracks room I was in that night, and he still hasn't told me what I did, and I feel at this point that I don't really want to ever know; I already have enough shameful memories, don't need more reminders of what an idiot I am/was.

I still enjoy a drink now and again, but I refuse to get that shitty ever again. The shit can ruin your fucking life man. If you have more sense about you when you black out, then good on ya, but I just can't trust myself past that level.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I always thought I had a high tolerance for alcohol and always remembered everything, until I started dating a bartender and she filled me in on a few things.

You don't remember that you don't remember.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
For the longest time, I used to think "black out" meant to pass out. I've ALWAYS been able to remember what happened when I was drunk. I've only drank to the point of vomiting (and that was just 2 or 3 times in college...and one time after that). If you're supposed to keep drinking past that point in order to black out then...no thanks.

Aug 27, 2018
That just means you're not drinking enough to black out. Not that that's a bad thing, but I'm pretty sure there's a line anyone can cross that causes them to blackout.

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
i can't get there either. I'll pass out or get sick before I get to the "don't remember anything" stage. I've even kept going after getting sick but eventually I just hit a "every drink makes me vomit" stage.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
just drink crown royal until you pass out during your dota match, that worked for me

and then you can enjoy wanting to die for two days

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Never happened to me either. I disagreed with some of the comments here suggesting you're not blackening out due to insufficient dosage. I once drank whiskey like crazy, and led me to puke it all out hours later. Massive nausea. My recollection of the events, however, remains intact and not once did I lose consciousness or began spewing nonsense.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
Have you ever consumed large amounts of liquor in a short period? That's what does it for me. Also there's an art to drinking enough without making yourself throw up. Maybe try not eating for 8hrs before you drink.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
If you've never blacked out, then you've never truly been tiddy much protally fitshaced.
Take it in stride, it means you have at least a bit of self control.

I've blacked out once (Lucky for me it hit after I had already gotten back home)
And I've browned out once (I realised that my memory was hazy and had gaps in it the following morning)

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
I've blacked out before. This was back in college, like 10 years ago now. I woke up in my bed, had my brother and friends fill in the blanks a bit. Apparently I was quite outgoing and dancing a lot and I also almost peed in public.....I remember none of it.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I passed out once at a halloween party where I took like 12 or so jello shots. They kept giving them out like candy so I kept going. Passed out on a chair, but woke up on a couch and don't know how I got there lol.