• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Do you mean black out as in, you've never passed out? Or do you mean black out, as in, you've always been able to clearly remember the entire night/time while drinking?

If #1, sure. If #2, well, you probably were just too drunk to realize you didn't remember stuff.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
What's your definition of "shitfaced" drunk, cause sounds like you aren't there yet.

Worst I got is I have memories of being so drunk but 0 visual information in my memory, but I remember voices and what I was doing. I was so drunk I was being really friendly and nice to some guy I didn't really get along with.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I think that's me too. I've fell asleep, and had very hazy memories, but never just had a big gap in my memories.

OP
OP
Orange Piccolo
Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Do you mean black out as in, you've never passed out? Or do you mean black out, as in, you've always been able to clearly remember the entire night/time while drinking?

If #1, sure. If #2, well, you probably were just too drunk to realize you didn't remember stuff.
I've never had lapses in memory or passed out.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
By "blackout" you mean you're still kind of functioning but you can't remember anything later?

Yeah, that doesn't happen to me either. Even at my most drunk, I just wind down and fall asleep. When I wake up I'm hung over but I can remember everything.

I have definitely drank enough to just pass out on the couch, but there's always a couch or bed involved.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have to black out to get shitfaced. So you haven't really been shitfaced drunk.
Sounds like you eventually just stop or slow down drinking when you feel you've had enough. You have to keep going through that and keep drinking to pass out. I suppose it's good that you have a limit.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
That's good, it's not a normal thing to black out. It only happened to me one in my life and I was a huge drinker. I apparently when sleeping at my friends house went upstairs and fell asleep in his kitchen and yelled at his parents. I don't remember anything from that night, not just after a certain point but any of it, when I was told what happened I thought I must have been drugged but I was just with my friends.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
How old are you? I have noticed that I black out way easier now than I did when I was 20. And by blacking out I mean not remembering stuff or memories being hazy.

I have never to this day thrown up though when drinking or hung over.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
I was like you and then one night it happened. Thankfully I (supposedly) didn't do anything too embarrassing but I don't remember a thing.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
I hadn't, until my stag do where I was in a club and the next thing I remember was waking up in the hotel the next day. Apparently I was still walking and talking fine just have no memory of it.

Last edited:

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I drink a shit ton and I have never blacked out. I do take some random 10 minute naps depending on where I am and how much alcohol I've had. But I have some pretty solid resistance.

Now a few months ago I mixed some weed with LOTS of alcohol and it's the first time I ever completely blacked out for like 12 hours straight. Made for some fantastic stories let me tell you.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I get blackout all the time, but never throw up

love that people have different ways of being drunk

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
yup

and only gotten shitfaced like twice? once just to see how it was, and once cause i was getting wild

no thanks

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've gotten pretty hammered but never actually had periods I don't remember, though things get a little hazier toward the end of the night. I also never really gotten nauseous, just dehydrated which I tend to bounce back from pretty quickly.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019

I very rarely drink anymore, so it's not something I'm trying to test out. When I was younger I would do stupid stuff like that, though.
So you are pretty much the same age as me so you are probably just blessed with good alcohol tolerance. You should be happy, black-outs are not fun.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't, but then again in my 10+ years of drinking, I've only been "shit faced drunk" three times. Two times were from bachelor parties, and the third was when a friend brought over some everclear. I have a real hard time getting completely sloppy drunk, or really anything beyond beyond fairly buzzed to where my speech is impaired

Jsee80

Nov 18, 2017
I can drink till I vomit and drink some more but I've never had someone tell me the next day a bunch of shit I did/said that I don't remember.

Got a friend that used to lose hours all the time when drinking. Very annoying.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had alcohol poisoning in my early 20s, never blacked out. I couldn't read or stop vomiting, but I remember every single terrible second.

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I've had plenty of nights that ended in me throwing up, but I could always remember them. Friends the next day would be all "Bet you don't remember much" and I would just say "No I remember." I think it was because I would stop as soon as I could tell my stomach wasn't in a good mood.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
yes, i have gotten so drunk i can't even move or lift my head up without vomiting. never blacked out though.

don't feel like i'm missing out on much tbh.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Only twice. One was weird as I didn't drink much at all. Literally drank more than double the amount other nights and was fine. Think it's more the speed of drinking than the total amount.

Wouldn't recommend it, horrible feeling and I acted a right twat apparently.

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I only black out on a shitload of vodka. Anything else I just got shitfaced.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I've gotten drunk to the point where I've been vomiting, barely able to walk, and barely able to get myself home without the help of others. Like just about at the edge of alcohol poisoning. Granted, that was about 10 years ago and I rarely if ever get to a point of being anything beyond tipsy.

But no. I've never been blackout drunk, nor have I ever found myself unaware to recall parts of the night before. I was keenly aware the next day just how many dumb decisions I made while drinking. I'm sure memory loss from a night of drinking happens to people, but it's never happened to me.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've blacked out more than I'd like to admit, and it always ends poorly. With that said, I find that when I am also doing blow, I never ever blackout, no matter how much I drink.

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
The most drunk I've ever been was at a holiday party where the wine was constantly being offered by waiters walking around the venue.

A friend of mine had to pour me into a cab. I tumbled in. Fell asleep. and about 10 minutes into the nap I woke up and I told the cabbie "hey here's good".

I then proceeded to throw up outside the car. Cab left me there cause I needed fresh air like nothing else. Sat outside a building stop for the next 30 minutes to pull myself together.

People went to an afterparty too! I did not pace myself well that night.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
You have to have the tolerance to drink more to black out easily. Once you can drink 10-15 beers and a bunch of shots and still walk around and party for the most part, you can black out a little bit at least everytime you drink. I call it gray outs, and I've spent way too much of my life doing it (I have stopped thankfully). If I had too much liquor or craft beer when bingeing I would black out easily. It sucks, I've ruined a few relationships in my life lol.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This describes me except for once. I've been shitfaced a hundred times but never, ever blacked out or forgot details like how I got to bed or anything.

Except for one time, where I think I was roofied. At a hotel bar on vacation and I hadn't even drunk that much... 4 or 5 beers, sure a good amount but nothing super unusual. And then like I don't remember *anything* and apparently it was uneventful and my wife and I went back to bed and she was like "man what happened like night suddenly you were super drunk?" I genuinely think someone may have been trying to roofie her and maybe accidentally rufied me. It's never happened since. Fucked up gave me the heebee geebees.