Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the rain will wash the covid out of SoCal.

I read on Facebook how chubby rain can capture the covid aerosol particles and bring it down the ground, basically reducing transmission to zero.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Yo how do I stop water from leaking in my garage from the corners of the garage door. The hell

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I read on Facebook how chubby rain can capture the covid aerosol particles and bring it down the ground, basically reducing transmission to zero.

2-E659-DA6-C154-471-A-9-D10-0162-A61-E9-B5-C.png

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed just in time a hour ago to cover my couch and roll up our outdoor carpet. Forgot last night and hadnt checked the weather in awhile.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Ventura County reporting in, incredibly hard rain for like 20m. Loud enough to deafen all sound when I walked into the warehouse. Really crazy since it was hailing a bit beforehand. Seems like it's going south so take care on those roads.

IMG_20210310_093004.jpg

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really heavy rain started around 2am where I am. Didn't stop until maybe 7ish? Was sunny and bright for a bit but the clouds have rolled back in and the weather app reports rain in the next hour.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
It's so bad that this is one of the only days from rain season we got. It's usually much more than this. As much as I want spring weather we need it to rain while it still might during the next month or two.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ventura County reporting in, incredibly hard rain for like 20m. Loud enough to deafen all sound when I walked into the warehouse. Really crazy since it was hailing a bit beforehand. Seems like it's going south so take care on those roads.

IMG_20210310_093004.jpg
Going on up in SB county right now, expect more
It's so bad that this is one of the only days from rain season we got. It's usually much more than this. As much as I want spring weather we need it to rain while it still might during the next month or two.
Yeah if we don't get more we could be facing one heck of a nasty fire season as early as May this year, and since it was spared last year SBC is due a big one

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Going on up in SB county right now, expect more

Yeah if we don't get more we could be facing one heck of a nasty fire season as early as May this year, and since it was spared last year SBC is due a big one

I'm much more prepared this year for it. Hoping of course no major fires make it within the residential part's of the city not in the hills but it's always possible. Made sure to acquire backup power and air purifiers for the house because of how bad the smoke and heat in the valley was last year.

A drought is pretty much inevitable at this point, unless we get a miracle March and April. Really rough rainy season.

We did have a number of fires in San Bernardino County last year, including the big one by Forest Falls - lasted like two weeks and covered the sky in smoke most of the time.

Riverside county had a good number too, including a big one by Beaumont.

But I expect it to be pretty bad this year, too.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
A drought is pretty much inevitable at this point, unless we get a miracle March and April. Really rough rainy season.

We did have a number of fires in San Bernardino County last year, including the big one by Forest Falls - lasted like two weeks and covered the sky in smoke most of the time.

Riverside county had a good number too, including a big one by Beaumont.

But I expect it to be pretty bad this year, too.
All we got was one brush fire on the inter town highway. Avoided a 101 fire for the county last year but the valley got all the smoke and heat from the other fires which sucked. But combine last year with just enough rain this year SBC is in for some nasty ones and like you said it could hit as early as next month if things start heating up and we don't get a miracle storm front. Likely going to be nasty this year

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Is the current rainpocalypse over? I thought for sure they said it'd be raining again today.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I only just started watching the David Lynch Weather Report as we've actually had a lot of variation recently, and it's nice to start the day with a morning affirmation.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
I was gonna say...it's sunny out, what the heck. I did in fact feel the earthquake this morning.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
oh lol there was an earthquake this morning. I picked the wrong time to ask. I guess I should prepare for these...

(I mainly wanna ask questions about moving to LA regarding housing, neighborhoods, areas, etc.)

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
oh lol there was an earthquake this morning. I picked the wrong time to ask. I guess I should prepare for these...

(I mainly wanna ask questions about moving to LA regarding housing, neighborhoods, areas, etc.)

Depending on where your job is you'll want to try and live somewhere to minimize commute. Each neighborhood can be vastly different from the one right next to it, and many have their upside. Some areas are much more expensive than others as well, but honestly not knowing what you'll want to be doing with free time or what part of the city you're working in a lot of advice is kind of pointless.

Maxpower45

Jul 6, 2019

tbh very expensive for a house, there's a house up for sale in my neighborhood and a pretty big property but the house is just not in the best condition, Im sure the people are remodeling it but the house goes for minimum I think 600k, and then on top of that u have to fix it up yourself and Lord knows how much that will cost.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
tbh very expensive for a house, there's a house up for sale in my neighborhood and a pretty big property but the house is just not in the best condition, Im sure the people are remodeling it but the house goes for minimum I think 600k, and then on top of that u have to fix it up yourself and Lord knows how much that will cost.

Yeah if you're buying a house expect between 600k-1million for a small house or one in need of work/newer town house. Though he did write housing so that could just mean renting too.

Maxpower45

Jul 6, 2019
Yeah if you're buying a house expect between 600k-1million for a small house or one in need of work/newer town house. Though he did write housing so that could just mean renting too.
yeah if he has the money he can definitely flip it for a much larger price because the house is close to the Rams stadium, so he has some options, he can rent it out, make it an air b and b or something. The house does need quite a bit of work.