• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Today's rain looked kind of wimpy. I want to see those heavy showers during the daytime. I don't think I've ever seen thunder at work.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yeah, shit feels ominous. Typing this as I hear rain dropping against my window right now.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect all this rain after the snooze fest we got last week. But I like all this water. LA looks so different and prettier with all the green.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Jinxed myself talking about how the forcasts were off for last week. I know we need rain but god I can't wait til summer when I my hoa can finally try and replace our roof.

Stress levels off the charts with this and covid.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Assuming rain is good..less people outside to spread Corona. Also, this probably sounds dumb but does the moisture in the air/rain keep the virus less airborne?

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
At least there will be two great things when the rain goes away:

• The smog will clear up because of the rain, meaning nice blue skies
  • The smog will be gone for a while because of the reduction in CO2 emissions from cars, trucks, and freights

Too bad I won't be there to witness it.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Driving around downtown and getting some beer from a rite aid last night was straight Blade Runner vibes. Open streets, rainy, everyone wearing masks/heavy clothing...

Very eerie.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
We've been getting tons of rain lately here in San Diego. The other day I took advantage of it and sprayed my truck down with simple green while it was pouring rain, and got nature's car wash. lol

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
It stopped raining and apparently won't rain til around 5 pm today. A little disappointed because I planned on skipping my bike ride for exercise today and just be lazy lol.

The rain oddly takes me out of my gloomy mood, especially with the lockdown.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Serious question, LA/OC ERA:

When was the last time you remember it EVER raining as much here as it has these past few weeks?

Not for at LEAST 10 years, maybe 15 years, is my reckoning...

Last edited:

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question, SoCal ERA:

When was the last time you remember it EVER raining as much here as it has these past few weeks?

Not for at LEAST 10 years, maybe 15 years, is my reckoning...

Live in Koreatown.

In April? I honestly can't remember.

In general? We had that 2 week storm about 3-4 years ago in January which was POURING rain for those 2 weeks, I'll never forget that.

I'm very happy, March's dryness was getting me worried that we would go to another drought yet again (It's inevitable but I didn't think it would be here so soon) but seeing all this rain has made me happy.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Last year there were weeks where it rained for 7 days straight. Then a year before that we had some decent rain too but not as much as last year. Before that we had the drought. I also remember when UCLA flooded maybe 6 or 7 years ago?

Last year I remember it raining at least once a week or once every ten days. And constant multi-day rains at that. I'm glad it rained a lot this month. I was also worried after it started drying out in Feb and March since those months are usually some of the wettest for us.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldnt more air pollution result in more rain? Since you need dust and microscopic particulate matter to create raindrops. It's basically how cloud seeding works.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Waking up confused and wondering if a sprinkler burst outside, then remembering that I saw "Chance of rain" on the forecast :D

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hailed for a bit here too.

Our puppy isn't too happy about the thunder though. It's her first time experiencing it since it's been so long.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I miss my LA thunderstoms :(

Had it really not rained at all since May? (When the thread was last bumped.)

Here in SF, it rained a few days in November, I think. And only a few recently, like on the 25th.

Very dry year ;/

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
In Los Feliz - the rain and thunder just knocked our power out. Anyone else experience that?

Oct 25, 2017
Some good thunder in El Sereno. Hope my power doesnt go out.

I miss my LA thunderstoms :(

Had it really not rained at all since May? (When the thread was last bumped.)

Here in SF, it rained a few days in November, I think. And only a few recently, like on the 25th.

Very dry year ;/

A couple little bits of drizzle but not much. We got an insane amount of rain in March though.