Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
Just as a reminder, this man kidnapped, tortured, experimented, and killed hundreds of Konoha ninja's/civilians, including babies. He killed the Third Hokage and the Fourth Sandaime, tried to destroy Konoha, and is basically responsible for most of the bad shit in part 1.

This used to be Orochimaru's theme for crying out loud, like the theme of the devil.

Yet in Boruto, Orochimaru is still continuing his experiments and allowed to roam free.

Seriously, WTF is this?

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hilarious part is that Konoha employs two ninjas who are straight up God level and could bring him to justice at any given time

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
So I may be behind because I totally thought Orochimaru got blown out of existence when Sasuke absorbed him.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Naruto has a thing for letting people like Orochimaru get away with anything

See also - Sasuke

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought he'd return to be the "final" villain in the series, even when he was "dead". I'm still holding out hope that he's up to something. But yeah, it's utterly bizarre how little actual supervision he's under if they're going to leave him to his devices.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This is most ever battle shonen. Majin Buu in DBZ destroyed countless planets and wiped out billions and everyone just chills with him because he's giant baby made of magic bubblegum.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, this was one of a variety of reasons why I felt like Naruto dropped the ball towards the end of the series. Sasuke and Orochimaru straight up MURDERED hokages, but that seems to be brushed off because... reasons. It almost makes me laugh as much as Sakura who after being attacked physically and mentally by Sasuke, still is is like "Forgive and forget! :D" by the end too.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Naruto: Listen, asshole, i don't care what kind of awful experiments you're doing in this creepy mountain hellhole, but you have a kid that goes to my school and you sure as fuck aren't deadbeating out of a parent-teacher conference

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
They pulled him out of Anko's curse mark? What the hell lol.
jCTP0IX.jpg

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
So I may be behind because I totally thought Orochimaru got blown out of existence when Sasuke absorbed him.

Chakra enables some comic book level bullshit. Storing his chakra inside seals he places on people allows him to bring himself back to life. Endgame Naruto sees a dead guy - 100% dead - transmit his unique powers by chakra to someone else, and a super Jedi ghost.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
This is most ever battle shonen. Majin Buu in DBZ destroyed countless planets and wiped out billions and everyone just chills with him because he's giant baby made of magic bubblegum.

To be fair Maijin Boo has the mind of a child, and is able to be controlled by Hercule of all people to be good. Orochimaru is a sadistic, amoral psychopath who knows what's doing and never truly redeemed himself. There's no reason he shouldn't be in a coffin right now.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
If Vegeta can become a good guy, even with all the genocide he has done, than I'm okay with Orichimaru turning over a new leaf.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
I'm still adamant that the series went to shit after the time skip.
I'd argue after the chuunin exams, actually. Tsunade never displayed anywhere NEAR the power we were told she was to have and the Sasuke retrieval arc was the complete tonal shift for the series where the story started taking itself WAY too seriously.

Vegeta showed tremendous growth as a character, which took years to gain their trust and he doesn't do anything like that anymore. Has Orochimaru done that?
Also, death has no consequence in the Dragon Ball universe. I'm pretty sure everyone on Earth has died at least twice and come back. And death only means less as the series goes on, so it's not as big a deal that Vegeta killed people versus in Naruto where the only time something like that happened was with that bullshit deus ex machina jutsu Nagato uses to revive all the people killed in the Akatsuki's attack.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
People keep bringing this up, but it was explained.

Vegeta showed tremendous growth as a character, which took years to gain their trust and he doesn't do anything like that anymore. Has Orochimaru done that?
Not really. He pretty much gained everyone's trust during Namek except for the people who were dead then and those people got over it when he became a Super Saiyan.

In regards to Orochimaru he gave up on his plans to destroy the village during the final arc.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
Vegeta and to a lesser extent Piccolo. Vegeta was killing all kinds of people long before he met Goku
Yeah, but everyone's alive thanks to dragon ex machina, so that's like totally cool. I mean, they might have massacred with the most evil intent at the time, but it's not like anyone died because of it. You can't fault them for damage that doesn't exist.

However, on the other hand, Naruto doesn't really have a magical dragon to reset damage.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

Well, Majin Boo did get rid of all his evilness before that, separating from his bad counterpart. It was basically the same Picollo did and then his good part proceeded to become God of the earth, so.

Not really. He pretty much gained everyone's trust during Namek except for the people who were dead then and those people got over it when he became a Super Saiyan.

Uh, that wasn't like that at all. The only one stupid enough to trust him completely from the start was Goku, and the only reason for that is that he is as much a sociopath as Vegeta, being a pure Saiyan.

Gohan and Kuririn were terrified of Vegeta all the time they were in Namek, Kuririn said several times they didn't trust him and were cooperating because they had no choice, and when they managed to gather the dragon balls they actually tried to fool him, but it didn't work.

Back at the earth no one still liked him, again, except for Goku, and now Bulma, who is kind of a nuthead. It is clear that all through Cell's arc no one likes the idea of having him around, specially not Yamcha, Tien and Kuririn.

People only got comfortable around him in Boo's arc, 7 years later, because at that point he wasn't a threat anymore, since Gohan was stronger than him, and he had an earthling family by then. Also his ambitions changed from getting his revenge and become immortal or whatever to simply beating Goku.

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but everyone's alive thanks to dragon ex machina, so that's like totally cool. I mean, they might have massacred with the most evil intent at the time, but it's not like anyone died because of it. You can't fault them for damage that doesn't exist.

However, on the other hand, Naruto doesn't really have a magical dragon to reset damage.
Vegeta killed a bunch of Namekians that stayed dead in addition to the people in his past.

Piccolo was never really evil and didn't kill anyone.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Well, Majin Boo did get rid of all his evilness before that, separating from his bad counterpart. It was basically the same Picollo did and then his good part proceeded to become God of the earth, so.
Buu was kind of a reverse Piccolo at first since he ate that one fat kai which mellowed him out and gave him his innocence.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
No, the Dragon Balls can't revive people after one year, which means Vegeta still left a huge trail of death behind him that could reach in the number of millions, or even more.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
For those that don't know the Sasuke, Orochimaru, and Kabuto thing was explained as them being left alive in case another Kaguya level threat showed up and their power was needed.

Mayuri from Bleach? Didn't he plant bombs in his underlings or something? I wish he got some kind of punishment too.
The Soul Society is a terrible place, so they aren't going to punish people for doing terrible things unless it hurts the people on top.

applejuice

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
At least with Kabuto he was raised as a spy from a young age and they close his arc with a self identity crisis, leaving him open to become his own person (and thus redeem himself). Meanwhile Orochimaru has been bad since... always, including wanting to be Hokage then when that doesn't happen he runs off and makes an entire village for himself. There is not a single redemptive thing about him.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
You guys just made my night lol, I think I may have to watch Shippuden post Pain arc.

It's fun. The main baddie is so hilariously overpowered and so rightly confident that his arrogance is endearing. I think it's cathartic by proxy - For a show whose characters and the show itself constantly extols the virtue of the children, watching them get beaten down effortlessly by a legend is relieving. The dude mocks the heroes for not bringing someone back from the dead strong enough to beat him. What a god.