Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai has you guys spoiled. We've gotten nine characters announced since March. Brawl was basically empty from 2006 to 2007, and Smash 4 basically had nothing from E3 2013 to December 2013.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Cool! Looking forward to playing her. Sure, she's not a "suprising" character, but we already got a couple of those, so I'm content even if there's no more. I love this fishing rod attack.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
fxgs9SU.png

I cannot believe Isabelle is the character drawing the most salt. How could you hate her?!?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, ARMS was too recent for the base roster, & I think KT has partial ownership over the Hyrule Warriors designs. We could get Skyward Sword Impa, though.

Eh. Skyward Sword Impa isn't nearly as cool as naginata Impa. I doubt Koei Tecmo would be opposed to Nintendo using "their" version of the character, though.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh kinda expected it honestly, cool for the fans though I am still waiting for my characters to make it in.

They aren't gonna make it are they? ;_;

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe Isabelle is the character drawing the most salt. How could you hate her?!?
Furries like her, people don't like furries.
She's from a casual game, gamerz don't like casual games.
There's the idea she doesn't "belong" because she's not a "fighter", see also Phoenix Wright in Marvel vs. Capcom.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me I haven't checked my New Leaf town of Moist since like 2014, I bet Isabelle is fending off armies of roaches and weeds with a flamethrower

Oct 25, 2017
It's quite annoying to see people framing Isabelle as a waifu character. Like, way to make it all about guys and ignore all of the female fans who just, you know, like Isabelle

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Isabelle is one of the most adorable characters in video games. I'm glad she's such a mainstay in Animal Crossing now, and will be fun to see her in Smash.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Furries like her, people don't like furries.
She's from a casual game, gamerz don't like casual games.
There's the idea she doesn't "belong" because she's not a "fighter", see also Phoenix Wright in Marvel vs. Capcom.
She's joining a game that already has:

1. A robot accessory.
2. A fitness instructor.
3. Another Animal Crossing character
4. A 2D LCD guy...thing?
5. A dog and a duck.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Surprised she's not an echo of Villager.
Where the fuck is my Tom "the best hustler in the whole damn squad" Nook echo fighter, though

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reading the distaste for Isabelle makes me sick.

I was watching the direct during my school's open lab and 3 of my female classmates were swarmed around me hyping about the direct. They legit freaked out seeing Isabelle in Smash and one cried seeing a new Animal Crossing announced. One girl text her mom the Pikachu/Eevee Switch asking it for Christmas. Then quickly changed it to the Smash Switch instead and was frantically texting that she changed her mind. Lol

This character speaks to other crowds that don't go on forums.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
People saying Nook was robbed and should have gotten in over Isabelle, showing that they haven't played Animal Crossing in at least half a decade.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017

I was watching the direct during my school's open lab and 3 of my female classmates were swarmed around me hyping about the direct. They legit freaked out seeing Isabelle in Smash and one cried seeing a new Animal Crossing announced. One girl text her mom the Pikachu/Eevee Switch asking it for Christmas. Then quickly changed it to the Smash Switch instead and was frantically texting that she changed her mind. Lol

Cute story. :3

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, the Smash fanbase is out of contact with the non-enthusiast audience. I've seen a lot of similar reactions to the trailer on Twitter.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great addition to the roster,

My little cousin love her, she was very happy.
I am too! :D :D
She's awesome, I'm glad she's not an Echo.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017

the hardcore smash fandom believes theyre the only ones that buys the game and often forget smash bros has a farrrrr bigger reach than them

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the Smash fanbase is out of contact with the non-enthusiast audience. I've seen a lot of similar reactions to the trailer on Twitter.

This seems to be fighting game circles in general. A lot of SF5 community couldn't understand why so many people were upset at arcade mode being missing from launch. The community builds up walls around itself and doesn't realize that while they are the ones doing the tournaments, the vast majority of people just want a fun game to play casually.

Do horrible things happen when you neglect the campsite in that game?

I'm about to find out!

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Meh kinda expected it honestly, cool for the fans though I am still waiting for my characters to make it in.

They aren't gonna make it are they? ;_;
None of my picks have made it since Melee, when I wanted Ganondorf and Mewtwo (and both sucked there). I've come to accept that my tastes are just too niche for Smash.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not "repping" anyone this time around, but I guess the characters that would hype me the most would be Saki Amamiya, Isaac/Felix, Chrono, and Terra Branford.
They didn't suck, they were alright. There are amazing players of both characters.
Mewtwo is too slow in Melee to fully take advantage of his glass cannon status, and I've always hated what Sakurai did to Ganondorf in that game.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not "repping" anyone this time around, but I guess the characters that would hype me the most would be Saki Amamiya, Isaac/Felix, Chrono, and Terra Branford.

Mewtwo is too slow in Melee to fully take advantage of his glass cannon status, and I've always hated what Sakurai did to Ganondorf in that game.

They have both been used at high level in tournaments and are fun to play. Ganondorf being a clone kind of sucks but thats like a different kind of suck.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
It's quite annoying to see people framing Isabelle as a waifu character. Like, way to make it all about guys and ignore all of the female fans who just, you know, like Isabelle
I've seen so many young women so happy to see Isabelle.

A lot of these cats think literally everything is about them.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
They have both been used at high level in tournaments and are fun to play. Ganondorf being a clone kind of sucks but thats like a different kind of suck.
If anyone is crazy enough to use Mewtwo in Melee they certainly don't make it very far. Regardless, I always thought he was sloppy to play as. I actually didn't start enjoying him until after a few patches in Smash 4.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like Isabelle, I thought she was a 99.9% lock to get into the game but I assumed she would be an exact copy echo of Villager, so I wasn't that hyped. Seeing that she has a bunch of unique moves makes me actually excited to play with her though, so this was a great reveal for me. Especially because I've been one of the thirsty AC fans waiting for the new game announcement for over a year now. So...yay

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
clearly we need even more cute characters in smash
Yes. Yes we do. More cute characters for Smash!

Because, well...
isabelle is unironically the new fighter im most interested in so far

isabelle.gif
That's me, too. Ridley is nice. Inklings are welcome, too. Chrom is just getting backpay. The Belmonts look interesting enough. K. Rool turns me slightly off the game.

But Isabelle is the kind of Smash nonsense I love with the series. Making a character who doesn't fight into a playable character in a fighting game? And an adorable one at that? Yes. This is good Smash silliness. More, please.

DessieDoo

Jan 17, 2018

Oh but Siete, Geno is far more popular than Isabelle, doncha know. Eeeeeeverybody knows and loves.that one guy from that one game that came out 20 years ago who has barely managed even a cameo since then.

Seriously, people act like he's on the level of Duck Hunt, which your 80 year old Grandpa played when he was 50.

We said it in the other thread: Isabelle was by far the.most popular characyer remaining not yet in smash. by FAR.

I am so damn happy she's in and isn't an echo.