I finished it!
  • OP
    OP
    SixtyFourBlades

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
    Oct 27, 2017
    *****SPOILERS*****

I pushed through for a bit for the story's sake but I stopped playing for a while once I got to the infamous generator section that everyone mentioned. I had started watching a Let's Play that covered that section, but still I couldn't get past it (I'm a wimp I know, lol) when it came to me trying to play it myself. What I did was have my cousin who came to stay with me for a while visiting from the US, to play the section for me since he knew the game. After that i continued playing, and while there was always this sense that shit could go down at any moment, it wasn't as bad once I started playing again.

This game and its characters really makes you feel like I've never experienced in a game before. The storytelling is superb. Naughty Dog did an impeccable job in that department. The gameplay was good, not great. The controls still felt kinda wonky to me, but I adjusted to it well enough. By this point I was totally invested in the characters. I felt joy, panic, love and grief. I felt it all playing this story.

Henry and Sam...man, I really wish things turned out differently for them. I'm an optimist by nature, but this game brings you back to Earth real quick. I was heartbroken when they died. I wanted so bad for them to survive.

When Joel almost died, I couldn't imagine the series without his character anymore.

When Ellie was kidnapped by David and his men, I so desperately wanted to get her back. David got exactly what he deserved....

When we finally got to the Fireflies. And it was revealed that Ellie would die if they went through with the surgery, I understood Joel's actions completely. Imagine losing your baby girl. Imagine being so cold after a tragedy like that. Imagine coming in contact with someone, getting to know them for a year, taking them under your wing, growing to love them like your own, and then having to give that person up. Would you do it?

All in all, a wonderful experience for the story. Would I play it again? I don't think so. But I'm glad I did play it. I'm glad I 'pushed' through.