• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do You Still Regularly Play Your Wii U?

• Yes

Votes: 111 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 503 81.9%

• Total voters

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just wondering if such a person exists. If so, what game/games are you playing?

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I only bought one recently. Smash bros, star Fox zero, and a few virtual console titles I never beat. Canvas Curse. Earthbound Beginnings. I've been ignoring my switch as my niece is using it for Splatoon 2 and I don't feel like playing it cause joycons drift.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Once I am done with Tales of Graces F - I'm going to be playing Zelda WW HD and then TP HD since those are the only two games I have left to finish my WiiU backlog.

CosmicDreams

Jan 7, 2018
Not me. Enjoying my Switch way more plus all the games I owned on the Wii U are also on the Switch.

Pikmin 3 on the go or my living room >>> Pikmin 3 in my living room only.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, it's joined the disconnected consoles in retirement. I'll go back to it now and then, but that's really not all that common these days.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a really cool emulation/hobbyist device, so I still keep it hooked up for some things.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Not regularly, but I still have my WiiU hooked up in case I in the mood for a Wii, WiiU or VC game. I have used it a few times this year.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I had let a friend borrow mine for a long while and just recently got it back. I'm setting up a new apartment so I haven't played any video games (trying to get a Wiimote controlling a TV/streaming focused Windows 10 profile atm) but it's gonna be my Mario Kart 8/BotW/XCX/Metroid Prime/Star Fox/Bayonetta/Wii Fit/emulation/VC machine.

My Wii U literally has every Mario console release besides Sunshine and Odyssey, and every Zelda console release as well as Minish Cap.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's my Xenoblade Chronicles X machine, though I also revisit the HD Zelda titles like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess often.

Oct 28, 2017
I played sin and punishment 2 not too long ago. Also I didnt double dip with the Switch so a lot of stuff for me is still locked to that console.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I have a bit of backlog so maybe every year at least. I played Color Splash this summer but dropped it because it had too much BS, unfun game design. Almost a great game though.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I did everything I could do to avoid it even before it was succeeded by the Switch.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Not regularly, no.
But I do keep it plugged in and recently fired up Mario Galaxy 2 on there because I felt like playing it.
Plus it has my precious Metroid Prime Trilogy on it, which I'm sure I will revisit in the near future.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I use it once a week for Wii fit weigh ins. Thought about transferring the save back to my Wii and selling the Wii u as the resale value has gone up again.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
No, I'm pretty much done with its library nowadays. If I didn't have a Wii hooked up to a CRT, however, things would be different for sure.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I play it regularly. But some months ago I got through ALttP on the Virtual Console. Might pick up Minish Cap sometime.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nope. I still have it "out" but not hooked up because I keep wanting to mod it to more easily replay my wii collection, but I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Last year or way early this year I was playing some of the games I hadn't played yet.

I still need to play Fatal Frame 5 and Xenoblade Chronicles X so I'll get back to it as some point. But currently, no, not playing it.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Netflix machine + I'm planning to dive back into Xenoblade X next year.

It's also basically my Wii so whenever I go back into a backlog obscurity for that (looking to grab DK Jungle Beat finally ...), It'll get some use.

It's still in regular use. I still miss its features in new stuff. So much potential left on the floor :/

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Regularly? No. But a couple times a month because of Wii U and Wii games with the kids (Mario Party, Skylanders, Mario Kart, Rabbids).

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i use it sometimes for GC/Wii modded games each month and had about 3 pretty intense months in a Xenoblade X replay about 6 months ago and maxing out my original file before online services are in danger.
as long as there's GC and Wii games i want to play, it will still see an use (works for me better than using the original machines of those 2)

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Did play it off and on earlier in the year for Splatoon (I just enjoyed its PvP so much more than its sequel's), but fell off entirely at a certain point. It's just a clunky console to keep hooked up all the time, unfortunately lol.

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
I'm currently playing Twilight Princess HD. It should be my last game on the system, I decided not to buy Xenoblade X, Pikmin 1 and 2 and to wait for a Switch remaster of the Prime Trilogy

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's still set up but I've not used it since playing the last Shovel Knight DLC back in December 2019

I'll probably try and mod it one day, though if I ever manage to find a Series S in stock it will be relegated from the main TV to the spare bedroom TV

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. My switch kind of replaced my Wii u. Most games I liked to play there got ports or better successor games!

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
Before building my PC it was my main way of playing Gamecube, Wii and the handful of Wii U games that aren't on Switch yet, but I've got Dolphin and Cemu for most of those now. I still use it for the occasional bit of Splatoon and Black Ops 2 online though, as well as needing it for the handful of Wii games that don't map their motion controls well to the Steam Controller but otherwise it's rarely turned on.

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
My Wii U was exiled to storage a few months after I got my Switch. I can just emulate any of my Wii U games on pc if I want to play them.

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't played it for a few years now. However I was only a few months ago I finished buying games for it to complete my collection.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Not regularly, but I still play it from time to time, as it basically replaced my Wii, and I'd sooner just use my GC for GC games.
The Wii itself is the one I don't play, except for RE4 to use the GC controller and play on a CRT.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably still have my Wii U hooked up, but I don't have very many HDMI ports to work with. Between the PS4, the Roku, and the Switch, I'm just about full up. As some others have said, I mainly emulate the Wii U now. I put something like 280 hours in to Breath of the Wild on my Wii U, and another 30-40 hours in an emulator. I also play Mario Kart 8 (offline) and I started replaying Bayonetta 2 on the emulator not that long ago.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
No, but I did just play it yesterday because my son wanted to play Mario Kart and I am not rebuying the game on Switch. The Wii U version is still great! Online even still works. lol