dalq

Feb 13, 2018
I always thought that hosting the Oscar was a big deal and people pretty much threw themselves at the opportunity, so I am kind of surprised that everyone is saying that they can't find anyone.
When did that change and why?

Oct 30, 2017
I want for him the same thing i want for other homophobes and assorted bigots. I want him to get fucked. I want the Academy to not promote bigots. I want society at large to tell bigots to get fucked. I want bigots to be forced to either rethink their prejudices, keep it to themselves or get fucked if they spew their hateful ignorance in public. I want it to not be ok for bigots to keep spreading their bile. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I think Kevin knows to keep it to himself now. What he did was years ago. He most likely is still a homphobe but he is keeping it to himself.

This forum will most likely not know but there are many people in the world that are homophobic and keep it to themselves or discuss it with their small circles who are also homophobic. Majority of the Muslim and Christian community, tons in the black, Indian and arab community and etc.

Im sure still to this day Kevin Hart will be pissed if he found out his son was gay.

As Kevin Hart is homophobic, he is going to try and out this under the rug with a fake apology and move on and keep his homophobic comments to himself and his circle of homophobes.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps Kevin Hart doesn't like gays and he doesn't want to admit it as there would be a public outcry. And Kevin Harts circle also don't like gays. There are plenty of Muslims and Christians who also don't like gays but they won't say anything in public and just keep it to themselves. Plenty of people in this very forum probably don't like gays but won't voice this as they would get a ban.

I think it's the same principle here. Even if Kevin Hart apologizes in public only he and his circle truly know if it's genuine.

So what I ask is do people want a fake apology for the sake of it.

And if he's a homophobic and doesn't give a fuck what do people want from him. You can say he's wrong etc etc that's fine everyone has a right to voice their opinion. And he's probably cool with that and played it well enough where he doesn't have to admit being homophobic.
Well since homophobia is a great way to get your career ended, I suppose we can wait until the shoe really drops for Kevin Hart and ask him straight up if he'd still beat his son for being gay.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Kevin knows to keep it to himself now. What he did was years ago. He most likely is still a homphobe but he is keeping it to himself.

This forum will most likely not know but there are many people in the world that are homophobic and keep it to themselves or discuss it with their small circles who are also homophobic. Majority of the Muslim and Christian community, tons in the black, Indian and arab community and etc.

Im sure still to this day Kevin Hart will be pissed if he found out his son was gay.

As Kevin Hart is homophobic, he is going to try and out this under the rug with a fake apology and move on and keep his homophobic comments to himself and his circle of homophobes.

You're not saying anything that people don't know. The only difference is that you're saying that 'things are as things are' and seem to be baffled that this is not good enough for a lot of people. Fact remains that Hart never apologized for what he said, not even a fake apology, and has since been playing the victim card, as bigots are wont to do when caught, and as such should not be given a pass in any way, shape or form. The Academy backtrack is shameful and yet further proof (if any was needed) that they never really gave a shit about anything but how the optics would affect them.

Also, the bolded got a good bitter laugh out of me. Most people that have to deal with bigotry are actually the ones who know that shit better than anyone else.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I keep seeing this "He's learned and changed" bullshit.

Receipts? All I see is a dude who thinks he's a victim.

In his "interview" with Ellen, he claims he apologized years ago. I've not seen the evidence of that posted anywhere. It's crazy that his argument is "I apologized once, go find it, I'm not apologizing again" instead of just apologizing again or providing evidence that he apologized.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
In his "interview" with Ellen, he claims he apologized years ago. I've not seen the evidence of that posted anywhere. It's crazy that his argument is "I apologized once, go find it, I'm not apologizing again" instead of just apologizing again or providing evidence that he apologized.
He literally never apologized before his forced Twitter one. Don Lemon said on his show "we went looking and it's not there. If you find it, let us know"

Oct 30, 2017
Well since homophobia is a great way to get your career ended, I suppose we can wait until the shoe really drops for Kevin Hart and ask him straight up if he'd still beat his son for being gay.

Kevin Hart will simply lie and say he won't. He's obviously smart enough to avoid ending his career. He's gonna stay as a closet homophobe

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Dude what.

The guy could have used Ellen's show to actually apologize and make a statement about homophobia but instead he went on about being a victim. You know how you fix that Kevin? You own it and actually apologize. You don't go on and on about how a "group" attacked you to ruin your career.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
who in their right mind keeps saying they've apologized when they've never apologized?

even if you have apologized just apologize again

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
Probably no one as big as Kevin Hart willing to do it for sure.
oscars ratings keep going down so they were probably hoping to catch somebody like kevin hart to bring in new viewers. they can bring in hugh jackman or somebody else and nobody is likely to give a crap and their audience will stay stagnant or drop even lower.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought that hosting the Oscar was a big deal and people pretty much threw themselves at the opportunity, so I am kind of surprised that everyone is saying that they can't find anyone.

https://m.ranker.com/list/all-oscar-hosts/oscar-grouch

(Site sucks but only good list I could find) I mean there are some big names but not exactly A-list central. Seth McFarlan, James Franco & Anne Hathoway, Whoopi's Goldberg, John Stewart, etc. Chris Rock is probably biggest recent comic on that list but otherwise it's not usually seen as the pinnacle achievement type thing for comedians that some people hold it out to be. It's not a lot of pay, tons of pressure and probably more of a chance people say you sucked v. Did a good job. And even if you do a good job it's not something that's necessarily going to make you a bigger star.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

I feel that the Oscar's appeal kinda shifted from a prestigious celebration of cinema to a Hollywood circlejerk of safe choices.

I can imagine a lot of actors don't want much to do with the Oscars at this point.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You're encouraging people to not have to actually deal with their words and actions.. Simply because it happened a while ago.

So general expectations of people drop.
I mean, yeah you're right. People should have to deal with their words and actions. Where I'm coming from tho, I think the point would be to set people on the right path in my opinion though rather than to punish for the sake of punishment. And if someone's shown atonement in their life for past deeds, idk how worked up I can get about wanting them to be punished much later on. Unless people don't think that a any different now, idk. Is he not?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I mean, yeah you're right. People should have to deal with their words and actions. Where I'm coming from tho, I think the point would be to set people on the right path in my opinion though rather than to punish for the sake of punishment. And if someone's shown atonement in their life for past deeds, idk how worked up I can get about wanting them to be punished much later on. Unless people don't think that a any different now, idk. Is he not?
Asking for someone to give a genuine apology that's not laced with "I'm the victim, sorry you're offended" is not a punishment. It's basic decency.

Again what has he done to show that he's making changes? All I see is damage control and hollow statements.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Asking for someone to give a genuine apology that's not laced with "I'm the victim, sorry you're offended" is not a punishment. It's basic decency.

Again what has he done to show that he's making changes? All I see is damage control and hollow statements.
That's fair. I was under the impression that he did apologize but I'm just taking what he said at face value. Apparently there's more to it than that.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
That's fair. I was under the impression that he did apologize but I'm just taking what he said at face value. Apparently there's more to it than that.
The situation reminds me of that one Simpson bit...
Homer Simpson : How many times must I say I'm sorry?
Marge Simpson : You haven't said you're sorry.
Homer Simpson : I know. I was hoping the number would be zero.

Jktpnymonorel

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
good for hart, I was afraid he is gonna let ellen's persuation get into his head

fhxk the academy

That's the impression I got too, he said he was an immature comedian looking for cheap laughs and didn't fully understand the impact of what he was saying, now he does which is why he doesn't say such things anymore and seemingly hasn't for a long time. My feeling is he has grown up a lot and means what he says, and is a better person now. I don't think people should be haunted by past mistakes forever if they've truly bettered themselves.

Im sorry if this seems I am arguing for bad faith, but this is exactly how I feel after the interview. There I think his apology is sincere

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017

"I'm the victim because the gay agenda ruined my chance to host the Oscars, so I'd beat him even more now."

I feel that the Oscar's appeal kinda shifted from a prestigious celebration of cinema to a Hollywood circlejerk of safe choices.

I can imagine a lot of actors don't want much to do with the Oscars at this point.

It has never been a prestigious celebration of cinema, and has always been a Hollywood circlejerk of safe choices, since the very beginning.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So Don Lemon is talking about Kevin Hart. On a radio show, he (Hart) said "It's not my life dream" to be an LGBTQ+ ally, lmao. This is in response to being called out by Lemon.

This is what he said on his like fucking 7th try making comments about his shitty tweets.

Don invited him to come on the show and he said he's not interested. They talked on the phone for a while.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So Don Lemon is talking about Kevin Hart. On a radio show, he (Hart) said "It's not my life dream" to be an LGBTQ+ ally, lmao. This is in response to being called out by Lemon.

This is what he said on his like fucking 7th try making comments about his shitty tweets.

Don invited him to come on the show and he said he's not interested. They talked on the phone for a while.

"It's not my dream to be an ally with the queers, I just want to beat the gay out of my son if need be and host the oscars, stop being so negative"

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'll never understand the casual homosexual hate Hart participated in. It wasn't even comedic to me, just hateful. And when he knew he was wrong he didn't offer what felt like a heartfelt apology (at least not from what I have seen/heard). The Oscars shouldn't have offered this olive branch. People should be allowed to atone for their past sins and learn and grow, but Hart did not. Eh. They should just try to get a past host back and ignore Hart until he actually repents.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand the casual homosexual hate Hart participated in. It wasn't even comedic to me, just hateful. And when he knew he was wrong he didn't offer what felt like a heartfelt apology (at least not from what I have seen/heard). The Oscars shouldn't have offered this olive branch. People should be allowed to atone for their past sins and learn and grow, but Hart did not. Eh. They should just try to get a past host back and ignore Hart until he actually repents.
Literally a summary of everyone's issues with him.