kylecoley182

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Leadership at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and ABC, the network that broadcasts the telecast, are open to Hart resuming his role as emcee if he signals that he wants the job. That message could come through a spokesperson or on social media, where Hart maintains an active presence on Instagram and Twitter, the individual added.

Mod Edit
https://people.com/movies/kevin-hart-done-hosting-oscars-hours-before-ellen-show/

Hart told Variety he was "done" with hosting the awards show, saying, "Would I ever do it? No, it's done. It's done."

"The moment came and it was a blessing and I was excited at the opportunity and I still am," Hart said. "In my mind, I got the job, it was a dream job, and things came up that simply prohibited it from happening. But I don't believe in going backward."

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 29, 2017
Oh for fuck's sake

Is this is just Hollywood now, endless victory laps and high-fiving for all involved with no real progress being made?

OP
OP
kylecoley182

kylecoley182

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leadership at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and ABC, the network that broadcasts the telecast, are open to Hart resuming his role as emcee if he signals that he wants the job. That message could come through a spokesperson or on social media, where Hart maintains an active presence on Instagram and Twitter, the individual added.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
giphy.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LOL nobody else would do it. I bet even Bubba the Lovesponge and Tim Allen said no.

Hart's 'apology' was one of those "sorry if you're offended" things wasn't it?

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
barf.

then again, i'd watch winners literally shit on hart in their speeches.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god there is totally going to be an insufferably self-aware opening bit that's going to make light of this whole situation and show a complete lack of genuine understanding about what the problem was, isnt there?

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
I can already see the standing ovation for having overcome people judging him based on his actions and his refusal to learn from them this "malicious attack on [his] character".

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
It was obvious after LGBT ambassador Ellen DeGeneres officially pardoned and knighted Sir Kevin Hart this past week

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
This is the worst year of this decade for films. Everyone watch as The Favourite and A Star Is Born duke it out.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
And guess what? Will be a high rated broadcast now because of the controversy smh

Oct 26, 2017
This story is hilariously toxic in that every new story makes one more group look awful. First Kevin. Then Ellen. Now the Oscars themselves. This is pathetic. Fuck all of them.