prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
They meant the crime Nixon committed. It was also electoral interference. It was even wilder then, since Nixon comfortably whipped his opponents pretty badly. He had no reason to cheat.

Trump probably doesn't win without his cheating.
Absolutely but I was referring to the fact that their case is that it is without precedent getting caught leading into an election.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I hope they all have grocery bags

5deee7bb250000d75ad2fa30.jpeg
Lol this guy is a walking cartoon I love it

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Am I alone in thinking this event is going to make the GOP evermore irredeemable? Like, they're straight on the path to rejecting democracy and supporting dictatorships now. Covering up for Nixon 17.0 is a shocking thing to see here.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Schiff lays out a really good argument as to why we should have a full in depth trial. Trump's goons just scream and yell (no joke, there was a lot of performative table pounding) about how unfair everything is and that Trump should be able to do what he wants because of executive privilege.
So we're likely heading towards an end of trial by the end of the week huh?

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their base has 5 more years tops. Trump can't be president 3 times. Then what?
As soon as he's out of office he's going to be in endless trials.
He's already joked about a third term at his rallies.
I think if he wins in 2020 and gets the senate, the house, and another judge between now and 2024 he's going to attempt it.

Either that or a sham puppet like Putin is doing in Russia.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I'm trying to figure out your train of thought here. What do these two things have to do with each other?

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come off that way... they just seemed really up their own ass in general lately (not just about Sanders) but it was refreshing that they were calling out the GOP's deflecting/projecting.

EDIT: I was thinking NY Times, my bad guys

Last edited:

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come off that way... they just seemed really up their own ass in general lately (not just about Sanders) but it was refreshing that they were calling out the GOP's deflecting/projecting.

ok....

I mean, a headline from WaPo today: Sanders chooses not to exchange verbal volleys with Hillary Clinton

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
So Republicans can just say whatever they want and no one will call them out on it. Not even the fucking media.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Republicans might lose the republican moderate senators votes on witnesses simply because the republicans couldn't be bothered to have an actual legal defense because they assume they will just get their way.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
NPR wasn't pulling any punches. Called out the defense for stating no facts or making any real arguments.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Their base has 5 more years tops. Trump can't be president 3 times. Then what?
I'm not following you here.

This is about them wanting to keep their jobs first and foremost because they'd get primaried from the more right flank for voting to remove. It's true that some aren't up until 2024 so maybe those few could survive that, but do you think their base is going to get less crazy in that time? I don't. They'll remember what they did. The "moderate" R Senators are in a particular pickle.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I'm not following you here.

This is about them wanting to keep their jobs first and foremost because they'd get primaried from the more right flank for voting to remove. It's true that some aren't up until 2024 so maybe those few could survive that, but do you think their base is going to get less crazy in that time? I don't. They'll remember what they did. The "moderate" R Senators are in a particular pickle.

so why put up with shit for 5 more years and then when Trump is gone and his base gets complacent about voting, they get voted out anyway? Can these people really find no other jobs?

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
so why put up with shit for 5 more years and then when Trump is gone and his base gets complacent about voting, they get voted out anyway? Can these people really find no other jobs?
Being a GOP congressman is the easiest shit in the world. Either whine about the POTUS if they're a Democrat or lick their taint if they're a Republican.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Romney signaled earlier that he would back McConnel in the first witness vote because McConnel is just following the Clinton procedure and that they can get witnesses later.
No mention of the fact that with Clinton we had a whole grand jury investigation first and so a ton of the investigation and witness testimony was already done?

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
She is great.

However........... is it going to be like this for the next 10 hours? if so it's going to be a long..........time.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
The smart ones are assuming he'll just lose in November (not a bad bet) so they aren't having to endure another term and the diehard R Senators want him to be re-elected so there's no reason for them to vote to remove in the first place. There are a lot more of the diehard ones in the Senate so flipping enough for removal is essentially impossible.

Being a Senator is a good job. Going to be some corporate lobbyist isn't nearly as appealing to most of these people (for some it is, and they just decide to not run again when they're up).