• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm sorry but this can't be real:

this propaganda is so insnae.

Its a crime for everyone else to have "Ties" as far fetched as they are to 2 legs being bad.

however, Trump can be surrounded by criminals hes hired himself, and hangs out with, and.... radio silence.

Wish we had better education in this nation. Free education would be a good way to fix some of these wrongs.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I haven't been watching as much of the Republicans side as I should, but have any of them shrieked "Freedoms" "9/11" or "Jesus Christ" yet?

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
How do people who watch the Dobbs/Tucker/Hannity/Fox and Friends stuff NOT see that the story changes every other week? I mean, Maddow wears slightly more eye shadow one day and I'm like, "Hmmm, something's different. I don't trust it."

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
How do people who watch the Dobbs/Tucker/Hannity/Fox and Friends stuff NOT see that the story changes every other week? I mean, Maddow wears slightly more eye shadow one day and I'm like, "Hmmm, something's different. I don't trust it."

I used to be a republican. You get indoctrinated like a cult. I'd listen to Hannity/Rush limbaugh/Larry Elder on the radio at lunch. Then you watch Fox at night. Surround yourself with only those that agree with you (something that everyone needs to check on from time to time).

You have to understand there is only 1 point of view. Trump is INNOCENT. the stories change, but the fact remains. Trumps innocent, and all of this shit it nonsense. See? See how desperate liberals are? LOL. PATHETIC. I've watched so many hours of Dobbs in my life. The man gives me a gut reaction now, seeing his face and remembering how I was. I remember being so pro-iraq war with Bush. arguing with friends, using "liberal" as an insult. Christ.

Its like if your entire feed is bullshit, you're not oging to know unless you TRY to know something different, or even be open to an opposing opinion.

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be a republican. You get indoctrinated like a cult. I'd listen to Hannity/Rush limbaugh/Larry Elder on the radio at lunch. Then you watch Fox at night. Surround yourself with only those that agree with you (something that everyone needs to check on from time to time).

You have to understand there is only 1 point of view. Trump is INNOCENT. the stories change, but the fact remains. Trumps innocent, and all of this shit it nonsense. See? See how desperate liberals are? LOL. PATHETIC. I've watched so many hours of Dobbs in my life. The man gives me a gut reaction now, seeing his face and remembering how I was. I remember being so pro-iraq war with Bush. arguing with friends, using "liberal" as an insult. Christ.

Its like if your entire feed is bullshit, you're not oging to know unless you TRY to know something different, or even be open to an opposing opinion.
What broke you from the spell?

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
When you're trying to argue that Trump wasn't looking to affect the election but was just fighting corruption, you shouldnt gleefully tell the cameras that you can't wait to see how it affects the election.
To make it easier, they are basically using their time in defense to smear Biden and do the same work Trump got impeached for.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys did you know that even if trump did do crime and plenty of it its not enough to "impeach him" (despite him being impeached already)? some random scholar and nonsense speaking lawyer said so.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

I saw an article the other day saying 2/3rds of Republicans only trust Fox News, and the remaining 1/3rd only trust Fox News and ABC. Meanwhile 1 in 3 left learning people could cite 13 media sources they trust.

Many times I've spoken to a right leaning person and brought up the latest scandal or illegal activity by Trump and they are totally clueless about it, never even knew it happened, and I know they watch "news".

200124113534-pew-research-news-sources-exlarge-169.jpg

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even understand what the purpose of calling up Hunter Biden would do to prove he's corrupt. Wouldn't you want to call up the people who hired him? ....who even are those people? Or somebody who worked with him and can speak about what he did? It just doesn't make sense, which shouldn't be surprising since none of the GOP's bullshit makes sense.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys did you know that even if trump did do crime and plenty of it its not enough to "impeach him" (despite him being impeached already)? some random scholar and nonsense speaking lawyer said so.
alan dershowitz isn't some random scholar unfortunately. He has defended some of the most famous american criminals and is very likely a recipient of epstein's "services"

T-800

Oct 30, 2017

To those of us paying attention it is very obvious what happened and what continues to happen. What many don't understand is that people who are on Team Trump aren't actually paying attention. They are doing whatever it is they do each day and this stuff doesn't register. Those that are paying attention though are of course morons.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
They know, at least most of them. The barrage of this drilling at one weakspot in the armor is causing their common sense, self-interest, and empathy to get too loud to drown out with constant distraction psy ops being served up, and said distraction isn't as good any more.

I don't even understand what the purpose of calling up Hunter Biden would do to prove he's corrupt. Wouldn't you want to call up the people who hired him? ....who even are those people? Or somebody who worked with him and can speak about what he did? It just doesn't make sense, which shouldn't be surprising since none of the GOP's bullshit makes sense.

It's the Big Lie. Don't correct it. Point out its existance. It, at its core, a point AWAY from something rather than AT the younger Biden.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Well to be honest those people wouldn't be subject to any sort of subpoena since Burisma is a Ukranian company based in Ukraine. That's what makes this such an easy target in regards to covering shit up. Why dig up dirt in the US when you can make up or dig up shit in another country where half the people in the "know" can't be brought over to testify or get hounded by reporters.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Well to be honest those people wouldn't be subject to any sort of subpoena since Burisma is a Ukranian company based in Ukraine. That's what makes this such an easy target in regards to covering shit up. Why dig up dirt in the US when you can make up or dig up shit in another country where half the people in the "know" can't be brought over to testify or get hounded by reporters.
Oh I know, there's just no attempt to discuss who or what would be able to prove this supposed "corruption". It's so obvious in its meaninglessness.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a good documentary called "The Brainwashing of my Dad". Basically, it's years of brainwashing by right wing radio and Fox News on how they use fear.

Oct 25, 2017
Is... that something that Team Trump actually said?

Dershowitz basically said that abuse of power should never be an impeachable offense because different people have different opinions on what constitutes an abuse of presidential power. Trying to frame the whole thing as setting dangerous precedent for future presidents.

It's all bullshit.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I'm enjoying Jesse Dollarmores coverage of Trumps trial because he gives no shits. This dude is also an ex Republican and he pulls no punches in calling out Trump

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I saw an article the other day saying 2/3rds of Republicans only trust Fox News, and the remaining 1/3rd only trust Fox News and ABC. Meanwhile 1 in 3 left learning people could cite 13 media sources they trust.

Many times I've spoken to a right leaning person and brought up the latest scandal or illegal activity by Trump and they are totally clueless about it, never even knew it happened, and I know they watch "news".

200124113534-pew-research-news-sources-exlarge-169.jpg

That's basically what showed up a few years ago when some quinnipiac survey showed they were "the most trusted news network". They asked a bunch of people what they trusted. Liberals were split over about 6 different networks (and marked most of them as "somewhat trust"). Conservatives just went all in on one. Same thing that fucks us over on elections too I guess.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

He's not even on trial. I... don't understand the strategy here. "Trump did crimes, sure, maybe, but he's innocent! Hunter Biden though.... oh man..."

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
He's not even on trial. I... don't understand the strategy here. "Trump did crimes, sure, maybe, but he's innocent! Hunter Biden though.... oh man..."
If, for some reason, the dam ends up breaking and they do vote to allow witnesses, the strategy will be to bring Hunter Biden in for the optics of questioning him on the Senate floor for the alleged "corruption" perpetrated by him and his father several years ago. The idea is that the Republicans can use this as an out to say "hey look see! The Bidens really WERE dirty, and doing exactly what the House is unfairly accusing the President of! They really were corrupt, therefore all the stuff that Trump did (which we're also saying he didn't do) was actually perfectly justified as rooting out corruption in Ukraine, and thus not impeachable (even though we're saying this conduct (which he didn't do) wouldn't be impeachable even if he did do it)."

Even if there is nothing factual to back up the Biden accusations, the mere image of having him there, answering to the Senate, is something they can plaster over Fox News for the rest of the trial's lifespan to justify Trump's crimes, use that as cover for his acquittal, and then continue using it in the hopes of hurting Biden's chances in the general election, just like the plan always was in the first place.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
It's just for sound bites and to muddy the waters. But I just don't understand what would happen if they actually got what they wanted by openly investigating the Biden's. What do they think they'd actually uncover by questioning Hunter?

"Did you have any real experience with oil?"
"No, not really"
"Weeeell then....corruption!"

It's not just dumb because it makes no sense as a defense of Trump's actions, but because they haven't even established what this supposed corruption is or who or what they have that proves it exists. They think just repeating the word corruption will convince people. An overpaid board member is not some great excuse to withhold congressionally approved aid.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

That's very interesting, i followed ABC coverage since they were the more readily available during some of the special committee sessions and these senate sessions (and to be honest... the funny name... the ABC song from Taiko no Tatsujin), and they trashed the Trump's defense team segments ... so at least 33% of pure republicans might have knowledge of this.
They were not pushing a pro trump discourse over there.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017

First, their very consistent story is that it's the Democrats who are changing the story, therefore their rebuttal obviously must change to keep up. There are some things that you can always count on Republicans to do, and accusing their opponents of the things they are actually doing. Projection is one of their most used tools.

But secondly, and much more importantly: Republicans, for the most part, don't watch the "news" to be informed, so as to decide what to think. They watch to be told that they're right, or even to be told what to think in the first place.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017

uhhh, i dont think she was supposed to say this out loud?

ERNST: "IA caucuses are this next Monday evening. And I'm really interested to see how this discussion today informs and influences the Iowa caucus voters, those Demcaucus goers. Will they be supporting VP Biden at this point?"

"Iowa caucuses, guys! I'm really interested if our obvious smear campaign has worked yet."

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
this propaganda is so insnae.

Its a crime for everyone else to have "Ties" as far fetched as they are to 2 legs being bad.

however, Trump can be surrounded by criminals hes hired himself, and hangs out with, and.... radio silence.

Wish we had better education in this nation. Free education would be a good way to fix some of these wrongs.

Education and a political/societal/everything landscape more nuanced than two "teams" going at it. Two party systems are a scourge.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
It's just for sound bites and to muddy the waters. But I just don't understand what would happen if they actually got what they wanted by openly investigating the Biden's. What do they think they'd actually uncover by questioning Hunter?

"Did you have any real experience with oil?"
"No, not really"
"Weeeell then....corruption!"

It's not just dumb because it makes no sense as a defense of Trump's actions, but because they haven't even established what this supposed corruption is or who or what they have that proves it exists. They think just repeating the word corruption will convince people. An overpaid board member is not some great excuse to withhold congressionally approved aid.
I mean, that does work. For everyone. If people think someone is corrupt, then
"Iowa caucuses, guys! I'm really interested if our obvious smear campaign has worked yet."
They said the same thing in 2016 with their exact same obvious smear campaign and... seems to have worked fine.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
It consistently amazes me how thin a veneer of plausible deniability Republicans can get away with. Singling out the Bidens without probable cause is the most obvious shit in the world, but it's all okay as long as you can pretend to justify starting an investigation at all.

To those of us paying attention it is very obvious what happened and what continues to happen. What many don't understand is that people who are on Team Trump aren't actually paying attention. They are doing whatever it is they do each day and this stuff doesn't register. Those that are paying attention though are of course morons.
I think a lot of people overestimate how many are morons and underestimate how many know exactly what they're doing.

Last edited:

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just checked C Span day 7 stream upload.

Am I right in saying that literally all of yesterday's Senate hearing was just Trump people defending the president for almost 8 hours and nobody else got a word in?