-salt on roads and the cold destroys cars
-walking is even more awful
-shoveling sidewalks is a pain
-freezing weather is life destroying for older people with arthritis
-cold weather is bad younger kids
-it's an incubator for diseases like flu, covid, Pneumonia
-poor people can't afford heating
-homeless people have their lives threatened
-outside activity becomes limited (wait for summer is a common term)
-can't wait eat outside, no bbqs or patio seating
-can't swim in lakes and water holes

Winter is liked by people who don't go outside

Give me summer all year long

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I refuse to believe that anyone can actually enjoy 90F+ and high humidity weather. Fuck summer.
Yeah, that's the thing for me. With cold weather, I can just put on another layer and it's never excessively cold in most places in the world. With hot, sticky weather, you can go completely nude and it's still fucking unbearable.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Autumn as a season is nice... but god damn the feeling of the new school/college semester and/or ending vacations makes me feel so miserable.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
878bulh1xj731.webp

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I feel totally cheated out of Spring this year. It was snowing like a week ago and yesterday its 90 degrees.

Is it just me getting older and time passing faster or did Spring used to last longer?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Summer is a garbage season and Autumn is superior.

Also you cant even go online or play video games without feeling guilty

At the end of the day, you can always fight the cold by wearing layers. You cannot undress your skin to fight the heat.

Nah, pool days are the best days
I used to work in pools and they disgust me now.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I feel totally cheated out of Spring this year. It was snowing like a week ago and yesterday its 90 degrees.

Is it just me getting older and time passing faster or did Spring used to last longer?
Yeah, Spring isn't a real season anymore where I live. Thanks, climate change!

choog

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Does everyone here live in the same climate?

In Seattle (the whole region from Portland, OR to Vancouver, BC) summers are amazing. Relatively dry, doesn't get much hotter than 85 F and over 15 hours of daylight.
Our only problem appears to be smoke season splits up summer.

I grew up in coastal south-east US and I am so glad I don't need to endure those summers again.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Summer in the North of the UK is fine, warm and sometimes too hot inside but an open window and a cold drink does the job. Sleeping can be a pain but my USB fan takes the edge off. The only months I actually exercise, average about 17k steps per day and often do at least 90 - 120 minutes biking (Outside of the weekend). I yoyo weight wise every year, post October I put on a stone or two then lose it post April/May.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
For all the reasons you listed I hate summer as well. I can't even enjoy spring now because it's already getting too hot. I'm in GA so humidity is a bitch.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Does everyone here live in the same climate?

In Seattle (the whole region from Portland, OR to Vancouver, BC) summers are amazing. Relatively dry, doesn't get much hotter than 85 F and over 15 hours of daylight.
Our only problem appears to be smoke season splits up summer.

I grew up in coastal south-east US and I am so glad I don't need to endure those summers again.

I live in New England but it's barely in the 70s and I'm sweating in the shade, just not made for heat. On the upside, time to break out the dresses!

bremen

Sep 22, 2020
It's hot.
You get sweaty just being outside.
There's bugs divebombing you all the time.
WASPS.
If you're fair skinned you burst into flames just trying to do yardwork.
Astronomic electric bills from A/C.
POISON IVY

Spring and especially Fall are superior.
You forgot hay fever.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Southern born and raised. I'd rather be hot and sweaty, than cold, shivering, numb, snot dripping, and miserable.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
In total agreement there. I hate summer and also spring. Sun is bad, heat is bad, everything about them are bad. People who would rather be hot than cold are living in a totally different world from me.

Jan 20, 2022
I like all the seasons, it's why I live somewhere that doesn't have the same climate year round. But I have a particular love for the summer because I love being in the water and that's the best time to do it. I surf year-round, but Summer surf just hits different

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
I think some people feel different depending where they live, here where I do it's cold and dark majority of the year and Summer is one time when it's nice and worm and green. I am tierd of darkness, the cold, the ice so Summer for me is fantastic because I can escape all those things.

Summer is the best DAMN time of the year as far as I'm concerned and you can keep all that snow for all I care!

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
If summer temperatures here in the UK stick to the range of 20-25 degrees Celsius (Or 70 Fahrenheit) I'd be happy. But when it's more than that (By a staggering margin usually) I hate it and I feel trapped. It's like someone strangling me.

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
Summer is trash. It's plenty warm in spring, no need for anymore than that.

Winter is love! Nice cozy clothes. Love the snow.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Don't be sorry. Summer DOES suck. I fucking hate it. Give me a thousand years of unbroken winter before I see another 90° day, please and thank you.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
We reached 93°F a couple of days back in southern Mexico, and we have not gone a day below 90 in almost a week. Just about nobody has AC. I don't want to hear it from anybody 🥵

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Summer is the worst time of year in Texas. Fall/Spring the best of course, winter is okay since it doesn't get that cold here and never snows. But screw the summer heat + humidity.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Summer has literally zero benefits over both Spring and Autumn

Trash tier season. Autumn > Spring > Winter > Summer

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I hate being cold. I hate wearing layers. I hate scraping and salting ice. I hate shoveling snow. I hate dragging my garbage through a gauntlet of ice and slow while wearing layers. Our gas bills shoot up in the winter. I hate that salt and nasty-ass dirty snow always finds its way to my clean warm socks.

Sweating isn't fun but washing it all off at the end of the day is much better than peeling off layers in a cold bathroom and taking hot shower. Especially when I'm going to be cold and wet at the end.

I like seeing things alive. I like seeing plants grow out of people's control and things buzzing/crawling around doing stuff. I like seeing and hearing more birds than just Crows, sparrows, and starlings.

Winter depresses the hell out of me.

Oct 27, 2017
We dont have a/c in my country.
Summers are mild.
We have wasps but they arent bothersome until the start of autumn in august, when they end their lifecycle and they need sugar.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
I literally don't understand how people enjoy Summer. I straight up stop functioning during summer without AC. It's too hot to do or enjoy anything.

donpureevil

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Summer is fucking misery!

I literally start getting depressed in april just by the thought of the summer getting closer. And I live on the coast of north west Germany where summer is relatively mild.

If it were up to me, the temperature limit would be like 18°C.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
It's hot.
You get sweaty just being outside.
There's bugs divebombing you all the time.
WASPS.
If you're fair skinned you burst into flames just trying to do yardwork.
Astronomic electric bills from A/C.
POISON IVY

Spring and especially Fall are superior.

Don't let anyone tell you that you are wrong OP. The bugs especially annoy me. WTF man. How we can go through a cold season without those things and then get mobbed by them in the Summer without the entire population declaring war on them is beyond me. I can't stand it.

Fall and Spring give me all of the benefits of the Summer without the huge downsides of scorching to death and more.

Jun 10, 2018
Summer is the worst season, this is known. It is the worst aspects of Spring cranked up to 12.

In contrast, Fall and Winter are the GOATs.